Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

In line with how sectors/governors work I just want to assign armies to a general and attach him to a fleet and let him micromanage when to attack and when to take off. Now generals are useful too :ms:. While we're at it, let the admirals control the fleet once the hostile fleets are dead and it's time for the tedious planet hopping invasions. I just want to select a fleet w/ an army attached shift-rightclick a bunch of planets and have it sensibly siege and invade them all in order

I've played 2 games in a row where the late game crises went off like a wet fart without ever taking more than 1 territory before being defeated quickly by NPCs, is this a thing now or just bad luck?

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

RobotDogPolice posted:

Also, what should I be doing with extra energy?

build a bigger fleet and swing your dick around the universe

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The problem isn't that there is a ship designer, it's that you have to do all the busywork. The prospect of playing strategic rock/paper/scissors when the system is more fleshed out by DLC in 2018 is cool and good. Manually updating each red laser to blue laser on each ship class until then is not.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

We have 3 weapons systems (guns, lasers, missiles) and 3 defensive systems (evasion, shields, armor) so it seems like we've just got a broken rock/paper/scissors arrangement. They all need to be more distinct and fitting the best tank and damage type for your threats/targets should be what happens in the ship designer, rather than mundane incremental upgrades. My guess is something like this was in the game and was scaled back for all the kiddies who've apparently never played a paradox strategy game and think it's supposed to be about balance

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just get a bigger hard drive, idiots :rolleyes:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Last night I'd enabled colonization for all my sectors, and they actually colonized everything until nothing was left but tomb worlds, and then they started colonizing those with robots. And it turned out the FE next door didn't want us settling on tomb worlds, and made us destroy the colony. So I disabled colonization, but kept getting humiliated energy few turns over a new colony on some tomb world. It turns out disabling colonization did nothing, and my governors kept colonizing them over and over instantly upon colony re-destruction so I had to cope with the humiliated debug for a few decades until I had enough bs to lure them into a war over loving tomb worlds and defeat them.

Then I got no achievements on ironman :argh:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I didn't really dig into it but this was a democratic civ with open boders, etc so they easily filled every planet with something that could happily live there and in the end I had absolutely insane mineral/energy production and I didn't cone across any undeveloped planets

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I had a great game going last night where we were through the shroud with a chosen one and a 60k blob of fleet really starting to swing my dick around the neighborhood as I waited for the midgame crisis to appear. Then I got the generic victory screen that says something like "this is where thje game says how you won" in engrish and my empire was gone, totally deleted from the map, fleets and systems and all like they were never there. Reloaded my (ironman) save and it's the same. Is this a known issue? Any idea what happened or how to avoid it?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

in retrospect the galaxy was great all along

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Last week I finished a loooong game for the Suffer not the Alien achievement (As a xenophobic Empire, purge all other sentient species from the galaxy) and as soon as the last droid was disassembled (they count as xenos too per the achievement it turns out) my xenophobe and militarist factions vaporized, leaving 50 or 60 pops out of almost 3000 split between the materialism and pacifism factions. Somehow the less than 1% of the population in the suppressed pacifist faction was now adequate to embrace pacifism, so that's what we did, earning the Peacekeeper achievement (As a pacifist Empire, have all other independent Empires be pacifist as well) :lol:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bold Robot posted:

Yeah I thought the same. I feel like some of the early dev diaries may have implied this. I guess it's more likely they said something vague and we assumed sectors would be like CK2 vassals (fun) and not like they currently are (functional if we are being generous but certainly not fun).

Every time you find a system that is disappointingly simple in practice just assume it'll be really great after an xpac some time in the next 5 years

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Anyone have any idea why I can't fix this sentry array? I have plenty of minerals and no other megastructures ruined or not. Bugged?

e: vvv welp. thanks

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 26, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

guessing this won't work on ironman

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I just had a great feudal society/domination gimmick game and will be doing it again. The Space Lord endgame is like being in a federation, but actually good. Your vassals increase your fleet cap, your fleet is the federation fleet, nobody else ever gets a say in anything and all your loyal vassals will show up posthaste when you click the triforce every time. Vassals stay happy with you and you can keep a small footprint. Also, happy loyal vassals trade mins and energy at 1:1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

binge crotching posted:

How big are your vassals?

my first, biggest vassal has 36 colonies, 627 pops, +144 opinion and shows up to fights with ~100k of fleet even when i dont ask them to

• Locked thread