Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

OddObserver posted:

Alternative: remove mouse support.

But what if they end up clicking on other applications, or to do some super micro intense task like click the powet button to turn the computer off? This level of micro is not ok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Truga posted:

When you're trading in 10k energy every few months it might as well will be :v:

You're welcome.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Staltran posted:

Are there other upkeep reducers than the -10% (?) tradition in Prosperity? Without any upkeep discount the opportunity cost of not having a mine on the tile instead probably makes those less efficient than just selling to trade enclaves, and it's not that many clicks that often. Hunting down the buildings if you need energy again would be a lot more effort. With -10% upkeep you could think of it as +7.5 minerals compared to just selling to enclaves, which makes it competitive with mines but you need to be sure you're never going to have an energy crunch again. Unless +minerals empire modifiers work on the planet mineral bonus?

Trade Enclave isn't going to be able to trade endless amounts anymore after 2.0 drops.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fellblade posted:

I think this is a joke, but it genuinely made me a bit uncomfortable reading the main body text because they are very clearly Mongolians in space.

There's several different marauder personalities with different dialogue styles, not just the crazy ones.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Aethernet posted:

It might be more appropriate for the 'crazy' one to instead be an alcoholic.

I think it's ok if the crazy space nomads are just, in fact, crazy space nomads.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder if you can have Machine Empire Galactic Despoilers. Raid other planets to bring them home and turn them into batteries.

You can't use that civic, but there's another way to unlock pop raiding as a machine empire.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ProZocK posted:

What is the diplomatic penalty for the despoilers? Hopefully not -1000

Varies based on ethics. Xenophiles/Pacifists will hate your guts, but you can get along with less nice empires.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

gowb posted:

Mastery of Nature is a trap pick at the moment, blocker tech is really easy to access and clearing blockers is a huge waste of resources in the early game. Imo. That change is really really good and cool.

Nah, it's really powerful, but only if you pick it as your first one.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ProZocK posted:

Hey Wiz or Lordmune, is the 1 to 3 increase on the new mastery of nature random but favouring larger numbers on small plantes, or ist it a fixed amount depending on planet size?

For example, if I colonize a size 9 planet, will it always increase by 3 or does it have a chance of only increasing by one?

It increases a fixed amount depending on planet size.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

That's pretty sad considering how much they hyped it up :(

The hype was mainly for the trailer/announcement. We'll probably do an extra stream to compensate (we've already fixed the OOS).

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

turn off the TV posted:

I only caught a few minutes of the stream, but can someone tell me why they were saying that they weren't going to/didn't have the time to add an observer mode? Because you can.. you know... press ` and type "observe."

You can observe, but you can't switch your POV the way you can in EU4, etc. That's kind of needed to have a multiplayer observer 'host', which is what we're talking about.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

pdxjohan posted:

If Wiz got what he wanted for eu4 versionnumbers it would have been 2.0 at Art of War

And it would've been correct to do so. :colbert:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Guilliman posted:

Does anyone know if the AI is capable at all of 'reading' planet modifier bonuses? They seem to ignore them completely.
As in; say a planet has +200% mineral production, the ai will still build it full of farms and other poo poo rather than try and focus as many mineral buildings as it can (over time). Same for maluses. "What's that? -50% energy mod, lets build a lot of energy generation on this planet!"

It's so frustrating

I really really want to expand my mod and tweak the bonuses a bit for planet modifiers but if the AI ignores them it just makes the player more powerful and throws balance out of the window.

Why not just make a planet like that have all-mineral deposits? There's no point to having other deposits on it anyway.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Guilliman posted:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/957995231340789760

System modifiers locked to star classes it seems.

That makes me really sad :(

Where would you like system modifiers (besides star classes and starbases, where it currently is)? Putting it in pre-scripted system script isn't really doable because the game doesn't remember what system is using what pre-scripted template in that way. If it's an easy request, I can code it in.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I have built over my fleet cap using energy credits as my ceiling. For simplicity’s sake I build battleships only, point defense, bombers, and kinetic artillery for the large slots. Mix of armor and shields, with shield capacitors. I can stomp any/all other empires super easily, but the awakened empire can saunter in and nuke my everything in a New York minute.

I can only play on small maps thanks to my MacBook 😕

FEs have tons of XL weapons. Battleships-only fleets aren't the best against them.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Didn't they actually do a poll too and asked which one the community wanted first?

It wasn't really a seriously meant poll though, as I thought was evident by option 3 :P

We've been planning to do Apocalypse/Cherryh since before Utopia came out

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Bramble posted:

If I were to read one book by C.J. Cherryh, what should it be?

I'd probably start with Downbelow Station if you're looking for good space sci-fi.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
2 hops, and yes sensor range is a much bigger deal now

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

THE BAR posted:

It's a bit annoying that your land troops aren't changed as well, when you genetically modify your pops.

That's a bug. Won't have time to fix it for 2.0, but will look into it.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

I think I just don't quite understand the change. "Into a single country" as in each individual trader enclave station now fulfills the roles of all 3 types, or all the individual trader enclave stations on the map have been consolidated into one unified country/diplomacy contact with one set of relationships? So if a station is destroyed it won't actually change anything unless all of them are destroyed?

One curator with up to 3 stations.

Traders have not been changed.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gyrotica posted:

Curious - can you share the reason for removing it?

Maintaining multiple implementations of the same feature in the codebase is not a good idea. Plus, axing the other types allowed us to consolidate pathfinding/sensor code and improve performance via caching.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Aethernet posted:

Stellaris 2.0: The Assassination Of Warp Drive By The Coward Martin Anward

Make this the new Stellaris thread for 2.0 thanks.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nessin posted:

How in the hell did the Fleet Manager get released in such a hosed up state? In no way share or form should a button labeled "Delete Template" completely disband your entire fleet. Or less critically, why create a separate line item for each variant of the same design name even when none exist yet and an upgrade hasn't been queued?

The popup window when clicking disband template should explicity say that you are deleting the fleet, too. Does it not?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which ship style is that at 1:03?

Those are Marauder/Pirate ships.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

nessin posted:

It does, but I had selected the second line that had 0 ships associated with it because I wanted to remove that line from the list. I didn't think it was going to disband every single ship, including those I hadn't selected in the list.

The fleet manager does have some rough edges, I'll admit. We're going to look into polishing it more for post-release support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

canepazzo posted:

So I have 2 ship designs, corvettes. One with lasers+kinetic, one with lasers+missile. Initial tech. I have a fleet template with 4+1 of the above designs, and the fleet is full. Why does the upgrade button want to upgrade the laser+kinetic to the missile design?

Have you configured the template to use both designs?

• Locked thread