Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joke_explainer

The biggest way to improve your coffee is to not buy pre-ground coffee. Getting fresh whole beans, and grinding themselves, with immeasurably improve your coffee. It's expensive but this grinder is amazing:

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BCG800XL-Smart-Grinder/dp/B0043EWFAM

That's the one I have at work. We go through a TON of coffee, and it's a total champ. Whatever you do get, I recommend a burr grinder and not a little blade mill grinder.

If you can brew your coffee just seconds after grinding you get the best product imo. You lose a lot of flavor as it rapidly dries out in exposure to the air; you can smell in the air where you've ground how it's losing potency fast. Pre-ground coffee even in the freezer loses a lot of the punch of ground coffee.

I personally love the french press, I have a big old one and I'll grind a bunch of coffee and make a huge amount of delicious french press coffee and put it in a big thermos to sip on all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread