Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Chapter 4, Part 9, we handle the last three battles against the Orks, including one against an old Space Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Deathwing is pretty great if you have the system to run it, it's basically Vermintide but Space Hulk.
That Ork Hulk is pretty awesome, pretty much dead on.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

As for replacing our lost ships, Thrawn of the Chimaera reporting for duty.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
As far as ways to be blown up in space go, ramming a Spacey Hulk to death is one of the more awesome ones.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I'm not really able to process what a gigantic game design blunder it is to leave you stuck with those worlds lost to the Eldar and unable to do anything about it because you completed the missions that make the Eldar non-hostile.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Soulstorm as a HIGH mark?

METAL BAWXES
50 BANE BLADES
SPEES MAHREENS
And 2/3 of the fliers.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GunnerJ posted:

I'm not really able to process what a gigantic game design blunder it is to leave you stuck with those worlds lost to the Eldar and unable to do anything about it because you completed the missions that make the Eldar non-hostile.

On the other hand, Eldar.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Veloxyll posted:

Soulstorm as a HIGH mark?

METAL BAWXES
50 BANE BLADES
SPEES MAHREENS
And 2/3 of the fliers.

SPACE MARINE is surprisingly good. The multiplayer was great, and I'd heartily recommend the singleplayer if it weren't for it being a little too long for its own good

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GunnerJ posted:

Yeah that's entirely in character for the eldar

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

my dad posted:

On the other hand, Eldar.

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah that's entirely in character for the eldar

There is no reasonable connection between the narrative conceit "lol eldar are backstabbers" and the game mechanics outcome "I guess the Imperium just straight doesn't give a gently caress that the xenos they just made a very tenuous treaty with are continuing to occupy/blockade their worlds, in violation of the terms of the treaty."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Actually, this may sound dumb, but is the Ork spelling of Colossus actually closer to how it should be, since the Greeks have no 'c' equivalent?

Edit: Also, drat, what a monster it was...

Samovar fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 19, 2017

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

SPACE MARINE is surprisingly good. The multiplayer was great, and I'd heartily recommend the singleplayer if it weren't for it being a little too long for its own good

Honestly, I think most people would have more fun watching Coolgueye and TheLastRoboKy's excellent LP of that game more than actually playing it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rogue 7 posted:

Honestly, I think most people would have more fun watching Coolgueye and TheLastRoboKy's excellent LP of that game more than actually playing it.

Yeah, play the demo and then watch their LP. Those hits are too viscerally satisfying to not experience first

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Space Marine is a game that can handle a number of enhancements as well, such as special skins for your gobbo stomper.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXUDlcr0qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Nox4gwLBo

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

There is no reasonable connection between the narrative conceit "lol eldar are backstabbers" and the game mechanics outcome "I guess the Imperium just straight doesn't give a gently caress that the xenos they just made a very tenuous treaty with are continuing to occupy/blockade their worlds, in violation of the terms of the treaty."
Honestly I think this is just a bug. As we've seen when the Orks were beaten, their planets were freed, unlike the Eldars'.
Also I seem to recall the Eldar leaving the few worlds they had in my game, but I might be mistaken since it has been a while since then.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I'd call it a bug except that it looks like the icons changed color.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Door Frame posted:

The game Space Marine is good.

The VO of the Blood Raven commander, on the other hand...

I'd call the Eldar thing a bug BECAUSE the icons changed colour.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

The game Space Marine is good.

The VO of the Blood Raven commander, on the other hand...

Oh,come on. No one is worse than Indrick "Spess Mureens" Boreale.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

VolticSurge posted:

Oh,come on. No one is worse than Indrick "Spess Mureens" Boreale.

I should have mentioned that I meant the VO for the Space Marine commander in Soulstorm.

Which is, indeed, Boreale.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Chapter 4, Part 10 wherein we celebrate double digits by avenging Rogal Dorn. This time for real.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Ya'know, you could've just explained Thrawn as a human with a skin condition or something like that? But I don't mind either way.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

Ya'know, you could've just explained Thrawn as a human with a skin condition or something like that? But I don't mind either way.

He's also not the captain but rather the admiral, fleet commander rather than ship. I do love Thrawn, but Pellaeon desperately needs more love. Is he in the new book? It's still not on Audible in the UK, and that's the only way I really enjoy non-Warhammer books nowadays.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

With respect to that otherwise tragic data recovery mission, I have nothing to say except to give three cheers and one cheer more for the right good Captain of the Pinafore.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

He's also not the captain but rather the admiral, fleet commander rather than ship. I do love Thrawn, but Pellaeon desperately needs more love. Is he in the new book? It's still not on Audible in the UK, and that's the only way I really enjoy non-Warhammer books nowadays.

I don't think so. Disney's all about pushing Thrawn up and forgetting about that other guy. Because fanservice.

And as for replacing the unfortunate Cogitator/Chimaera (your pick), Captain Ramius of the Archangel reporting for duty.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 22, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Thrawn looks exactly like 40k voidborn anyway.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Chapter 4, Part 10 wherein we celebrate double digits by avenging Rogal Dorn. This time for real.

Sorry to say this, but Dorn remains unavenged. The ship aboard which he died was the Sword of Sacrilege, which in this game is th Tzeenchian Nemesis ship.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dorn doesn't need avenging, he's fine.
https://youtu.be/M56aycpd9kA?t=1008
(this series should totally be canon, that would make 40K way more fun)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Cy Pherr of the Loyalist Dark Angel Space Cruiser.

I'm not a traitor. Not at all.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dreadwroth posted:

Dorn doesn't need avenging, he's fine.
https://youtu.be/M56aycpd9kA?t=1008
(this series should totally be canon, that would make 40K way more fun)

I love how he pops the helmet off by flexing. Best Primarch, indeed.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
You had a chance to finish that last ship off in the last battle with a boarding action or a lighting strike, but you didn't.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

VolticSurge posted:

I love how he pops the helmet off by flexing. Best Primarch, indeed.

I love how humorless they portray Dorn in it, its great.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dreadwroth posted:

I love how humorless they portray Dorn in it, its great.

Dorn being humorless is more or less canon, going by the Horus Heresy series. Rogal Dorn is very, very German.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Taking on a lance battleship in a formation that lets it use both of its broadsides against you is... an interesting approach. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Aumanor posted:

Sorry to say this, but Dorn remains unavenged. The ship aboard which he died was the Sword of Sacrilege, which in this game is th Tzeenchian Nemesis ship.

I like how Herp being wrong about which ship Dorn died on is now a thing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

my dad posted:

Taking on a lance battleship in a formation that lets it use both of its broadsides against you is... an interesting approach. :v:

Taking down a battleship with a couple cruisers is still pretty impressive.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

For more names, we should have the Jupiter 2 under Captain Will Robinson

And the Dorn's Vengeance under Captain Claw (I'll get you next time, Dorn Killer!)

The word you're looking for with the launched sensor is PROBE.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 24, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Apologies for the delay, I've been trying endlessly without success to pull off a really cool trick that can be done in the next mission, the fight with the Planet Killer, but have failed repeatedly.

Have these stream VoDs of Star Trek Bridge Crew (VR) instead while I still fling myself at Abaddon to no avail:

Bridge Crew Part 1

Bridge Crew Part 2 (Might still be processing, Twitch is being slow, enjoy this highlight if it is processing)

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 31, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Apologies for the delay, I've been trying endlessly without success to pull off a really cool trick that can be done in the next mission, the fight with the Planet Killer, but have failed repeatedly.

Have these stream VoDs of Star Trek Bridge Crew (VR) instead while I still fling myself at Abaddon to no avail:

Bridge Crew Part 1

Bridge Crew Part 2 (Might still be processing, Twitch is being slow, enjoy this highlight if it is processing)

That actually makes the game look kinda fun. I know it's probably not in reality,because VR, but still.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Edit:Whoops,doublepost. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

That actually makes the game look kinda fun. I know it's probably not in reality,because VR, but still.

It's some of the most fun I've had playing a game. Mostly because of the people, it's a decidedly social experience. I'm certainly playing it all day tomorrow as well.

• Locked thread