Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I could write a whole ton about the NFC South here, but Wikipedia has all the information you need to know. The NFC South is the only division since the 2002 realignment to have each of its teams make a conference championship game appearance: Tampa Bay (2002), Atlanta (2004, 2012, and 2016), Carolina (2003, 2005 and 2015), and New Orleans (2006 and 2009). All four members of the NFC South have made postseason appearances before entering the division in 2002. Also since 2002, each team has won at least three division titles, the only such division in the league. Our last Super Bowl winner was the New Orleans Saints. Before them, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a Super Bowl as well. Our last NFC champion was the Carolina Panthers. Currently, the Atlanta Falcons are poised to make a Super Bowl appearance if they can beat the Packers on Sunday.

We have the best food, the best quarterbacks, and the best looking women. We are also the humblest. The NFC South (thread) will rise again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

berney would have won.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Ever since the division was artificially created following the realignment of 2002 the South is made up of three former NFC West teams (ATL, CAR, and NO) and one NFC Central team (TB). As a result the deepest rivalries in the division is between the Falcons and the Saints, due to a long shared history.

As a Bucs fan, gently caress the panthers meh on the others. I'd root for ATL to win the SB if they make it. But lol rooting for Cam last year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Nystral posted:

Ever since the division was artificially created following the realignment of 2002 the South is made up of three former NFC West teams (ATL, CAR, and NO) and one NFC Central team (TB). As a result the deepest rivalries in the division is between the Falcons and the Saints, due to a long shared history.

As a Bucs fan, gently caress the panthers meh on the others. I'd root for ATL to win the SB if they make it. But lol rooting for Cam last year.

Can't do that at all. I'm pretty sure I was meh on the Panthers last year because I was pulling for Peyton, but no way can I root for Atlanta. I realize that I'm in the minority on this one though as they're seen as the plucky never winning underdog as we were in 2009. If the Falcons win Sunday, I'm a huge AFC fan no matter who wins.

Just saw this.

https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/822548915904016384

Didn't see that coming.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 21, 2017

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Sean is dead coach walking at this point which kind of feels like it's putting a damper on the quality of candidates willing to join up for what is likely a one year stint. Sucks because that Saints win was pretty awesome and I really like Brees.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every team in this division sucks

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Other than the QB I don't really mind the Buccaneers. We always play them close and the games are usually fun to watch. The falcons can go gently caress themselves. I like watching saints games because they're all offense all the time, which is a nice change from most other Panthers games.

gently caress Jameis though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like watching New Orleans play but I fuckin' hate them, I don't mind the falcons except Matt Ryan who I hate and I don't mind the buccs except when their dumb fans think their linebacker who's ok is better than Luke then I want them to suffer.

The posters are p cool dudes though. There's no nfc south jerks around anymore.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Lol how is it even possible to hate Matt Ryan? Like you can be neutral at worst.

Go Falcons!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

gently caress Jameis though.

Is it ok to love your team but hate the QB? I mean Jameis can win MVP a super bowl and SB MVP and I'll still hate him.

Seriously gently caress Jameis

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jameis couldn't outrape Ben

:colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

Lol how is it even possible to hate Matt Ryan? Like you can be neutral at worst.

Go Falcons!

Some people really hate oatmeal. :shrug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I hate Atlanta but that's just because I lived there for so long and was exposed to their fans.

This year has been the worst. I had a friend that went on a restaurants fb page and ripped them apart because they decided they were going to be a Packers bar and "not support the home team". He went on to say how awful the place is (it's not) and stuff like that.

I've known this guy for 6-7 years and I honestly for the life of me cannot remember him watching or going to a Falcons game before the playoffs this year.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hate Atlanta but that's just because I lived there for so long and was exposed to their fans.

This year has been the worst. I had a friend that went on a restaurants fb page and ripped them apart because they decided they were going to be a Packers bar and "not support the home team". He went on to say how awful the place is (it's not) and stuff like that.

I've known this guy for 6-7 years and I honestly for the life of me cannot remember him watching or going to a Falcons game before the playoffs this year.

I saw this Facebook drama from people back home and it was so loving stupid.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I don't live in Atlanta but I don't really see what the problem is with talking poo poo at a place having a Pack party. This is a pretty rare event for the Falcons and the Pack travels well enough already. gently caress those cheeseheads. It's okay to shittalk a restaurant that does something stupid.

Your friend being a bandwagoner is another issue but that's gonna happen whenever a team has success... more an indictment of your friend than Atlanta.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'm sure yeah, it's rare for the Falcons but people were acting like kids about it and Atlanta is a decent enough sized place for people to do what they want.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was less that he was giving them poo poo about deciding they were a packers bar and more that he was disparaging the actual restaurant, having people go and give them low rating and posting false reviews. Then he shared it on his fb like "hey look what I did!".

The restaurant isn't even a place people would think to go to watch games anyway, so I don't see what the big deal is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This year is the worst.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

This year is the worst.

Depends on who wins tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Depends on who wins tomorrow.

Nah everything is bad

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Alaois posted:

every team in this division sucks

Hello every team in this division!!!

DNS fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 22, 2017

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I've lived in Atlanta since '86 and it's pretty crazy seeing the layers of jadedness peel off Falcons fans and give way to childlike exuberance. Falcons fans are like miserable divorcees who loudly vow never to love again, but once their defenses are down they're all gooey and nougatey.

The ability to lose to anyone has been a constant, unwavering aspect of the Falcons experience, but now they legitimately have the ability to beat anyone too. Haven't bought in like this since '98. All the Mike Smith playoff losses were agonizing, don't get me wrong, but the security blanket of skepticism was never far away, always knew that we weren't on the same talent/coaching tier as the conference's best. Even that 2012 team - those guys beat up on a lot of loser competition & had awful defensive talent that was propped up by Nolan's scheming. It sucked being a play away from the SB, it sucked having great Iceman performances ruined by a loser Abe-less D, but I never had that feeling of "THOSE were the guys who could've sealed the deal...."

That's not this team. They really belong on the field with anyone they play. And if they don't go to the Super Bowl, their loss won't have been an everyday Falcons eventuality - it will have been a miserable failure on the part of someone who could & should have done better. The next 17 hours is gonna be the longest wait of my life

Plus we have this totally non-cursed athlete endorsing us

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/823003064324001793

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Go Bucs and go Jameis.

You should all follow his goofy rear end on Instagram.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Matt Ryan looks like he pays somebody to gently caress his wife

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wait

do the Falcons start playing in their new stadium next year

do they have a chance to get the ring to go along with the goatse

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Yes, yes they do. Last game in the Georgia Dome today win or lose.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until they knock that piece of poo poo to the ground

e: and that's not even me saying that as a rival fan. The Georgia Dome just sucks all kinds of rear end and the new stadium is going to be awesome.

Can't wait to watch Tennessee play there before the Falcons even get a chance to :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Well crap.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

voting 1

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
RISE UUUUUUUUP

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

The Big Jesus posted:

RISE UUUUUUUUP

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
gently caress yeah

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

Wait

do the Falcons start playing in their new stadium next year

do they have a chance to get the ring to go along with the goatse

yes. a very real one.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons, bitch!

Let's go get that ring to strategically place into the new goatse dome!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Unnf

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

gently caress the Falcons and all, but their current team is actually pretty likable and the offense is very fun to watch.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

big money big clit posted:

gently caress the Falcons and all, but their current team is actually pretty likable and the offense is very fun to watch.

I hate myself for saying this but I hope the Saints keep it together for a couple more seasons so we can keep getting these shootouts twice a year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm cheering for Devonta Freeman.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
If/when the Falcons win in 2 weeks, the Panthers will be the only team in the division without a ring. I believe that is something we can all unite around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone said this earlier today but I'm too lazy to fact check but in todays world that means you can take it as gospel but apparently the NFC South is now the only division to have every team represented in the Super Bowl since the realignment.

• Locked thread