Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone said this earlier today but I'm too lazy to fact check but in todays world that means you can take it as gospel but apparently the NFC South is now the only division to have every team represented in the Super Bowl since the realignment.

it is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

And this is why everyone else sucks.

Go ATL.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

If/when the Falcons win in 2 weeks, the Panthers will be the only team in the division without a ring. I believe that is something we can all unite around.

It certainly is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know this thread existed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

I didn't know this thread existed.

Yeah we didn't want you to know which is why no one told you :getout:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah we didn't want you to know which is why no one told you :getout:

counterpoint: :getin:

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Aww yeah, ain't no party like a red state party. Go Bucs.

I guess I'll root for Atlanta, but only because Julio Jones has ascended to a higher plane.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

marioinblack posted:

Aww yeah, ain't no party like a red state party. Go Bucs.

I guess I'll root for Atlanta, but only because Julio Jones has ascended to a higher plane.

How can a man be both a speedster and a possession receiver? He's undeniable.

Im excited to see what Evans becomes over the next few years.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

How can a man be both a speedster and a possession receiver? He's undeniable.

Im excited to see what Evans becomes over the next few years.

Evans needs a good #2 to take pressure off as Jackson's decline continues. Hopefully it's Brate or Humphries, but I doubt they're going to be that missing 1a or 2 the team needs to keep the pressure off Evans.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Nystral posted:

Evans needs a good #2 to take pressure off as Jackson's decline continues. Hopefully it's Brate or Humphries, but I doubt they're going to be that missing 1a or 2 the team needs to keep the pressure off Evans.

I thought VJax played his last snap as a Buc?

Evans is a monster. Between Julio, Evans, Benjamin, Thomas, Mo and the best #2 WR in football Devin Funchess, the South has some grown rear end men at the WR position.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I thought VJax played his last snap as a Buc?

Evans is a monster. Between Julio, Evans, Benjamin, Thomas, Mo and the best #2 WR in football Devin Funchess, the South has some grown rear end men at the WR position.

VJax is done. Great career though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

VJax is done. Great career though.

I thought so, and yeah, dude was a great player for a long time. I always liked him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone said this earlier today but I'm too lazy to fact check but in todays world that means you can take it as gospel but apparently the NFC South is now the only division to have every team represented in the Super Bowl since the realignment.

If you are talking the 2002 realignment, yeah. Of course, if you go back one more season, you could add the current NFC West as well.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

And yet the NFC East gets all the ratings...

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/Dan_Shaughnessy/status/823604206238126080

:smug:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

gently caress that guy and gently caress Boston.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dan Shaughnessy invented the Curse of the Bambino and looks like a human Brillo pad

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
When the falcons were up against the seahawks, i monkey paw wished they would go all the way to the super bowl only to lose painfully to whoever the afc decided to send. I'm starting to get just a little bit nervous. At least it isn't against the steelers. Pats are just a little less evil and a team i can honestly root for. Against the falcons that is because gently caress the pats but gently caress the falcons more. Sorry atl fans, you cool tho.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
it's not a monkey paw wish if you wish for the ultimate outcome to be bad, and you would support the ultimately bad outcome happening. it's a monkey paw wish if the falcons lose the patriots, but you were suddenly drafted onto the patriots football team and justin babineaux paralyzed you from the waste down on your first play from scrimmage

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Noted. And while I'm not one to start arguing over the technicalities of monkey's paws and wishing upon them but If the falcons win it's a pretty big monkey middle finger to me.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
It's tough being a pats fan, not sure how you do it

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
I must reiterate

Jerome Agricola posted:

gently caress the pats

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerome Agricola posted:

When the falcons were up against the seahawks, i monkey paw wished they would go all the way to the super bowl only to lose painfully to whoever the afc decided to send. I'm starting to get just a little bit nervous. At least it isn't against the steelers. Pats are just a little less evil and a team i can honestly root for. Against the falcons that is because gently caress the pats but gently caress the falcons more. Sorry atl fans, you cool tho.

Wishing for your heated rival to even make the Super Bowl: :sad:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

I live in Portland, surrounded by fairweather Seahawks fans, so I root against Seattle in any and all circumstances because the effects of their winning and losing are most directly noticeable to me. I don't have to talk to Falcons fans every day about their "historic" defense or dynasty-in-the-making.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

It was a moment of weakness when I just couldn't bear the thought of the seahawks making it to another one. And a second moment of weakness when I felt the same about the packers. I have a lot of irrational dislike of random teams. And here we are now. Having to root for the pats. How awful.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

big money big clit posted:

I live in Portland, surrounded by fairweather Seahawks fans, so I root against Seattle in any and all circumstances because the effects of their winning and losing are most directly noticeable to me. I don't have to talk to Falcons fans every day about their "historic" defense or dynasty-in-the-making.

I hear ya. Now take a seat and let me tell you about our historic offense and dynasty-in-the-making. You see it all started after Seattle lost the Superbowl in 2014...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I hear ya. Now take a seat and let me tell you about our historic offense and dynasty-in-the-making. You see it all started after Seattle lost the Superbowl in 2014...

I can always ignore dumb posts, but I can't just put dumb coworkers and friends on ignore, so in person aggravation will always win out.

Plus, until you've bought a dumb "get in" falcon smilie and post it at every opportunity you still won't be worse than Seahawks posters.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerome Agricola posted:

It was a moment of weakness when I just couldn't bear the thought of the seahawks making it to another one. And a second moment of weakness when I felt the same about the packers. I have a lot of irrational dislike of random teams. And here we are now. Having to root for the pats. How awful.

Two years ago, we took a cruise during the Super Bowl. They put it in the main theater, and had a tailgate party where roughly 90-95% of the people were rooting for Seattle. Five percent of us rooted for the Pats, and on the final interception, you've never seen a room so full of positive energy just suddenly deflate.

It was glorious. :dance:

The only issue I have rooting for the Pats: if Brady wins, he now has five rings. I've always admired Joe Montana even as he was carving up the Saints and I think he is the best QB ever. If Brady has five Super Bowl rings out of seven attempts, would he now be the best QB ever? I realize the RINGZ argument is hollow for some, but that's pretty freaking impressive to get five Super Bowl wins in a career.

Not anything to lose sleep over, though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I can always ignore dumb posts, but I can't just put dumb coworkers and friends on ignore, so in person aggravation will always win out.

Plus, until you've bought a dumb "get in" falcon smilie and post it at every opportunity you still won't be worse than Seahawks posters.

lol I hear ya. It's hard to live in an area of which you are not a fan of its professional team. I was born and raised in the burbs of Chicago and I could not stand Bear fans. Most were fine, of course, but you get the insufferable meatheads and it just makes life awful.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9MQAD1Luo

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I'm new to the NFL and I'm here for gentle ribbing and mockery as a Falcons fan. As a British soccer fan I'm used to stabbings from rival supporters so this all seems very civilised

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
As a Bucs fan, I'm just happy when people remember that the Bucs exist.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

marioinblack posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

marioinblack posted:

This sums up my view as well.

Though at least we have a Superbowl win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

That was Wheez who did that, it was the only thing I held against him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

marioinblack posted:

All four NFC South teams are going to the Super Bowl in a row. Bucs are up in 2018.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

All four NFC South teams are going to the Super Bowl in a row. Bucs are up in 2018.

That would mean the Saints would go in '19 and I don't think Brees will still be around then

Nov 6, 2002

2018 season Super Bowl. Saints are next season.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

2018 season Super Bowl. Saints are next season.

I'm ok with this on,y as long as Brees retires after winning and Payton leaves the organization.

Speaking of the Saints I lost track but wasn't the owner and his kids fighting over the team or something like that. The wife / stepmom was the crux of the argument IIRC but gently caress if I know anything beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I never said they'd win.

NFC South lose four Super Bowls in a row. :devil:

• Locked thread