Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

florida isn't two states. that poll is scripted

Tamplando is the worst loving state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJBuddy posted:

I appreciate that fans of the entire NFCS probably agree.

y'know what

fair

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Lmao woke up to FB posts about glory hunting Falcons fans. Don't think the dude thought that insult through

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

This feels like the 2006 FA Cup final all over again. My team, underdogs, taking unexpected lead then the favourites clawing it back in dying seconds for us to lose in extra time. People call that the greatest final ever too.

Except this time I've had 2 hrs sleep.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 6, 2017

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

What's up 0-2 in super bowls bros

nothing erases the pain of losing to a dead peyton manning, but arthur blank getting to see his team blow it on the sidelines helps salve the wounds

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

What's up 0-2 in super bowls bros

:hfive:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tato posted:

nothing erases the pain of losing to a dead peyton manning, but arthur blank getting to see his team blow it on the sidelines helps salve the wounds

At least he didn't slink away.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Weirdly, as a very recent (Feb 16) fan of the Falcons (and football full stop) I can kind of live with the result. Winning would have been great but kind of like peaking too soon.

Im aware 99.99999999999999% of Falcons fans would probably break my nose for saying that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Serotonin posted:

Weirdly, as a very recent (Feb 16) fan of the Falcons (and football full stop) I can kind of live with the result. Winning would have been great but kind of like peaking too soon.

Im aware 99.99999999999999% of Falcons fans would probably break my nose for saying that.

Most Falcons fans just started cheering for the team over the last two months. They're the ones that have a Deion sanders cowboys jersey in their closet, or just go to the Georgia dome to talk about UGA, or moved to Atlanta from somewhere else and just got caught up in the hype.

The actual, real rear end Atlanta sports fans, the kind that bought MLS tickets or go to hawks games or rightfully boycotted the braves after they announced the move.... they all knew this was coming.

All Atlanta does is lose championships. The city needed the literally greatest pitching staff of all time just to beat goddamn Cleveland, and still managed to lose a poo poo load of World Series.

Being an Atlanta sports fan is suffering.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Im British.

Im used to suffering

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Most Falcons fans just started cheering for the team over the last two months. They're the ones that have a Deion sanders cowboys jersey in their closet, or just go to the Georgia dome to talk about UGA, or moved to Atlanta from somewhere else and just got caught up in the hype.

The actual, real rear end Atlanta sports fans, the kind that bought MLS tickets or go to hawks games or rightfully boycotted the braves after they announced the move.... they all knew this was coming.

All Atlanta does is lose championships. The city needed the literally greatest pitching staff of all time just to beat goddamn Cleveland, and still managed to lose a poo poo load of World Series.

Being an Atlanta sports fan is suffering.

He's right, I knew we were gonna lose yesterday morning.

Reason? I couldn't picture myself celebrating a Superbowl win... but in true Falcons fashion, they made me believe right up until the end. Honestly, it just feels like the capstone of 2016 for me. Just the worst goddamn year.

edit:

gently caress you, Fiz, your words hurt, man :cry:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 6, 2017

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Its interesting to hear your perspectives as established fans. Im curious as to why its like that in Atlanta. I know nothing about the city really other than spending 3 nights partying there back in 95. In fact my recollection of the city is super hazy other than I liked it much better than Memphis where I had just spent a few weeks crashing on someones sofa.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Also can some wiser and more experienced heads try and clue me up as to what Shanahan and Ryan were doing on that drive with 5 mins on the clock and on the 40 yard line? Why didnt they just hand it to Freeman 3 items, take a yard or two, run the clock down and then get Bryant on for a FG?

Was this the point they choked, or was there a better plan and Im missing something obvious as a noob?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Also can some wiser and more experienced heads try and clue me up as to what Shanahan and Ryan were doing on that drive with 5 mins on the clock and on the 40 yard line? Why didnt they just hand it to Freeman 3 items, take a yard or two, run the clock down and then get Bryant on for a FG?

Was this the point they choked, or was there a better plan and Im missing something obvious as a noob?

Nah you got it. It was real stupid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I thought I'd feel better this morning. I don't. This is a huge kick to the nuts and I don't think I'm going to be able to let this go for a long long time. It almost would have been better to be blown out. Having been the better team for 75% of the game and having to witness your team choke away their best chance at a superbowl is just depressing.

Watching them snap the ball with :20 on the play clock...watching them not run the ball and kick the fg...watching Ryan take a sack and then Matthews hold. I'm sick. I feel sick. I'm not getting over this one for a long time and right now it doesn't feel like I ever will.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

I thought I'd feel better this morning. I don't. This is a huge kick to the nuts and I don't think I'm going to be able to let this go for a long long time. It almost would have been better to be blown out. Having been the better team for 75% of the game and having to witness your team choke away their best chance at a superbowl is just depressing.

Watching them snap the ball with :20 on the play clock...watching them not run the ball and kick the fg...watching Ryan take a sack and then Matthews hold. I'm sick. I feel sick. I'm not getting over this one for a long time and right now it doesn't feel like I ever will.

please don't kill yourself we need you here :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Seahawks fans were asking themselves something very similar two Super Bowls ago. Hindsight and all that, but yeah, that's exactly what they should have done. Shanahan got cute.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I figured either way I was going to see the Pats lose or the Falcons lose and get something out of it, but I'm angry that Atlanta blew that lead. How do you even do that? I don't think I've ever been this mad at a team I don't like for failing to win a game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

marioinblack posted:

I figured either way I was going to see the Pats lose or the Falcons lose and get something out of it, but I'm angry that Atlanta blew that lead. How do you even do that?

It's even more insane considering the last big Super Bowl comeback was 10 points.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

marioinblack posted:

I figured either way I was going to see the Pats lose or the Falcons lose and get something out of it, but I'm angry that Atlanta blew that lead. How do you even do that? I don't think I've ever been this mad at a team I don't like for failing to win a game.

It's honestly making me rethink why I allow myself to be so invested in a football team that it can allow me to feel the way I feel right now. I feel like I just lost a family member, and it's just not right. It's a freaking football game. Gah, I hate this.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Race Realists posted:

please don't kill yourself we need you here :ohdear:

Hah, I would never go that far. I feel like complete crap right now though, I want to crawl in a hole and not come out for a month.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Seahawks fans were asking themselves something very similar two Super Bowls ago. Hindsight and all that, but yeah, that's exactly what they should have done. Shanahan got cute.

I really don't give a poo poo what they thought, given that they won rings 3 superbowls ago.

It's honestly making me rethink why I allow myself to be so invested in a football team that it can allow me to feel the way I feel right now. I feel like I just lost a family member, and it's just not right. It's a freaking football game. Gah, I hate this.

You'll get over it.

Just self deprecate hard for a few weeks and we'll be back to our chipper "no hope" selves until we prattle off some retarded win streak next season and blow a humongous lead in the post season.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

I feel traumatized and I have no idea how to find catharsis for this. I know Titans fans who still can't bear to look at Kevin Dyson stretching for the goalline and this is like 100x worse. The Falcons set the new gold standard for losing and have wiped every other defining moment of their 51 year old franchise off the board and replaced them all with this. I don't... I don't think I'll even be able to shittalk Panthers fans over SB 50 anymore. It's hard to imagine something other than a team plane crashing or a shock overnight relocation being more traumatic to a fanbase, even one as accustomed to disappointment as Atlanta. Because this isn't plain old Atlanta sports team disappointment, the kind the Hawks/Braves/Falcons treat us to every year. This is some knife twisting, opening the box from Hellraiser, Cleveland and Buffalo poo poo.

I can't really even pillory anyone for it. Shanahan's the closest thing to a villain, and we aren't even in the game without him. Ryan held onto the ball too long, but the guy put up a 144 passer rating while possessing the ball for like 20 minutes. Freeman didn't pick up Hightower, but the guy ran his rear end off the rest of the night. Quinn should've pushed KS to run more, but he got the defense to play WAY above their heads until their legs gave out. I guess I'll settle for hating the Patriots with every fiber of my being but WAIT I was doing that already

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Game comes down to these for me:

https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/828439931181740033
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/828484706018721793

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DNS posted:

I feel traumatized and I have no idea how to find catharsis for this. I know Titans fans who still can't bear to look at Kevin Dyson stretching for the goalline and this is like 100x worse. The Falcons set the new gold standard for losing and have wiped every other defining moment of their 51 year old franchise off the board and replaced them all with this. I don't... I don't think I'll even be able to shittalk Panthers fans over SB 50 anymore. It's hard to imagine something other than a team plane crashing or a shock overnight relocation being more traumatic to a fanbase, even one as accustomed to disappointment as Atlanta. Because this isn't plain old Atlanta sports team disappointment, the kind the Hawks/Braves/Falcons treat us to every year. This is some knife twisting, opening the box from Hellraiser, Cleveland and Buffalo poo poo.

I can't really even pillory anyone for it. Shanahan's the closest thing to a villain, and we aren't even in the game without him. Ryan held onto the ball too long, but the guy put up a 144 passer rating while possessing the ball for like 20 minutes. Freeman didn't pick up Hightower, but the guy ran his rear end off the rest of the night. Quinn should've pushed KS to run more, but he got the defense to play WAY above their heads until their legs gave out. I guess I'll settle for hating the Patriots with every fiber of my being but WAIT I was doing that already

See, I can't hate the Pats. My hate is directed at Atlanta right now. The Pats came back and won, you have to give them credit for that. They took advantage of a team on the ropes that never should have been on the ropes in the first place. I tip my cap to the Patriots and when I can fully digest this and take a step back to look at it without all the emotion I am feeling right now, this will go down as one of the best superbowls ever. As much as it hurts, it really was. Atlanta blew it, plain and simple. Hate them, not the greatest coach and QB ever for taking advantage of them blowing it.

That said, these guys are young and the Falcons are going to be a force in the NFC for at least the near future. What sucks is you never know when you will be back, if ever, unless you are the Patriots :smith:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

See, I can't hate the Pats. My hate is directed at Atlanta right now. The Pats came back and won, you have to give them credit for that. They took advantage of a team on the ropes that never should have been on the ropes in the first place. I tip my cap to the Patriots and when I can fully digest this and take a step back to look at it without all the emotion I am feeling right now, this will go down as one of the best superbowls ever. As much as it hurts, it really was. Atlanta blew it, plain and simple. Hate them, not the greatest coach and QB ever for taking advantage of them blowing it.

That said, these guys are young and the Falcons are going to be a force in the NFC for at least the near future. What sucks is you never know when you will be back, if ever, unless you are the Patriots :smith:

Dude they'll never be back. This was it, this was the window. Time to get really into the Hawks until their 1st round exit

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

Dude they'll never be back. This was it, this was the window. Time to get really into the Hawks until their 1st round exit

I can't wait until you go away.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Chilichimp posted:

I can't wait until you go away.

Why

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

The Times-Pic not pulling any punches.

https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/828622254133100545

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm relieved the Panthers didn't become the Eagles of the NFCS. And as much as I hated suffering through our Super Bowl loss last year, it was kind of a boring and forgettable game overall. It's not really going to stand out in Super Bowl history. I have no idea how Falcons fans, players, etc. come back from last night, especially since with it being the first overtime Super Bowl AND the biggest comeback, it's gonna stay on NFL highlight reels forever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

I'm relieved the Panthers didn't become the Eagles of the NFCS. And as much as I hated suffering through our Super Bowl loss last year, it was kind of a boring and forgettable game overall. It's not really going to stand out in Super Bowl history. I have no idea how Falcons fans, players, etc. come back from last night, especially since with it being the first overtime Super Bowl AND the biggest comeback, it's gonna stay on NFL highlight reels forever.

The Falcons are now the Titans 2.0 with a brand new multi-billion dollar stadium.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

DNS posted:

Nice troll, fucker. Everyone knows Atlanta doesn't have an NBA team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I want a copy of this to hang right next to the one from the Saints win.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Also, I can't imagine a more painful way to lose a Super Bowl. Sorry to the Falcons fans here, you're pretty alright.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

RumbleFish posted:

I have no idea how Falcons fans, players, etc. come back from last night, especially since with it being the first overtime Super Bowl AND the biggest comeback, it's gonna stay on NFL highlight reels forever.

yeah see this is the part where it just, we're the biggest super bowl losers ever.

most yards allowed. most first downs allowed. biggest lead blown. only team to lose in overtime.

and now we get loving chip kelly's wild ride.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

big money big clit posted:

Also, I can't imagine a more painful way to lose a Super Bowl. Sorry to the Falcons fans here, you're pretty alright.

i have never felt so emotionally dead inside as i did after that game. like i wasn't even depressed. just numb.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm glad it happened and hope they feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm glad it happened and hope they feel bad.

I hope you develop a wheat allergy.

• Locked thread