Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
hahah such a unaggressive comeback of mild annoyance

"I hope you get a bill you weren't expecting"

"I hope you get comfy on the couch to watch TV then realize the remote is too far away to reach"

"I hope you step on a lego"

Nah that last one is just mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean, Joe-bags... I don't wish him or any of you any real harm.

But Fiz is a giant wet blanket, so I'm fine with him having some weird dietary concern forever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Also, I'll get you that cert soon, when I feel like not being dead for a period of longer than like 20 minutes.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Office Surprise Store posted:

yeah see this is the part where it just, we're the biggest super bowl losers ever.

most yards allowed. most first downs allowed. biggest lead blown. only team to lose in overtime.

and now we get loving chip kelly's wild ride.

Look at the time of possession...you're already on the ride.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, Joe-bags... I don't wish him or any of you any real harm.

But Fiz is a giant wet blanket, so I'm fine with him having some weird dietary concern forever.

I appreciate your measured response to provocation on the Internet.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

oldskool posted:

Look at the time of possession...you're already on the ride.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Also, I'll get you that cert soon, when I feel like not being dead for a period of longer than like 20 minutes.

I'm not worried about it, whenever you get around to it. I wasn't going to bring it up for a while anyway given the situation

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Chilichimp posted:

The Falcons are now the Titans 2.0 with a brand new multi-billion dollar stadium.

As a fan of the titans and Falcons, this one hurt much more.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

As a fan of the titans and Falcons, this one hurt much more.

I mean... version 2 is an improvement on the original... just in this case, it's an improvement in shittiness.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Office Surprise Store posted:

and now we get loving chip kelly's wild ride.

what does this mean, why did you say this

is the Falcons next OC Chip Kelly?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

SHOAH NUFF posted:

it's starting to look that way

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

SHOAH NUFF posted:

There have been rumors...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Oh man, I sure do hope the Falcons end up with Chip.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Chip Kelly Redemption campaign begins: NAU!

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I recently posted something like "I'd love to see what Kelly does as an OC for someone!" so i guess now i have to put my money where my mouth is.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I thought teams tried to improve from their weaknesses. Do we really need MORE three and outs that take no time off the clock?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

A.o.D. posted:

Oh man, I sure do hope the Falcons end up with Chip.

Oh man can the offense get off the field even faster?

weird Asian candy posted:

That said, these guys are young and the Falcons are going to be a force in the NFC for at least the near future. What sucks is you never know when you will be back, if ever, unless you are the Patriots :smith:

I mean, maybe? They're the same pros and joes team that they've been since Julio got there, and their best 5 players are:

Matt Ryan, guy coming up to next extension where you'll pay him 27 mil/year.
Julio Jones , locked in for 13.5/mil for the near future and hopefully doesn't lose his foot; has only started a complete season once and plays hurt constantly
Alex Mack, a really great center you're paying 11 million dollars/year to for his 32-35 year old seasons which could probably work out.
Freeman, last year of contract
Beasley, your only legit no-strings young star, for 3 years.

Next best guy after that is Jake Matthews. That's not a good next best. And if anyone on the line actually get injured next year, they'll drop off entirely.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol, no

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Their best defender is Marcus trufant, not Beasley.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

FizFashizzle posted:

Their best defender is Marcus trufant, not Beasley.

Think you mean desmond, but this is his option year and the last year of his contract. Also they played better after he left, which doesn't make any sense to me because he is good, but he's not a young core to build on anymore.

Debo Jones could turn into that though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MJBuddy posted:

Think you mean desmond, but this is his option year and the last year of his contract. Also they played better after he left, which doesn't make any sense to me because he is good, but he's not a young core to build on anymore.

Debo Jones could turn into that though.

They are resigning him, he's not going anywhere. The entire rookie class looks like they could be the core to build around. Jones, Neal, Campbell all look like they will have promising futures.

Jarrett and Hageman also look good and really came on in the playoffs.

They need another pass rusher badly to compliment Beasley. Upgrade Allen at FS, add an ILB and the potential is there.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

They are resigning him, he's not going anywhere. The entire rookie class looks like they could be the core to build around. Jones, Neal, Campbell all look like they will have promising futures.

Jarrett and Hageman also look good and really came on in the playoffs.

They need another pass rusher badly to compliment Beasley. Upgrade Allen at FS, add an ILB and the potential is there.

The problem with great guys at market value is that you can't win poo poo with them if you don't have great guys on their rookie deals. You can basically judge every team in the NFL on if they hosed up the market value of their veterans or were able to backfill their team with cheap talent from the draft or UDFAs.

See: Seahawks defense and Russell Wilson until they all got paid and turned into pumpkins.

I think Atlanta looks promising for next year, but it's not clear that they'll remain the best team in the South with their bad defense and O-Line that scrapped together a good season out of no where after years of falling over themselves (see: Panthers). Then there's the matter of the rest of the NFC not rolling over.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Think you mean desmond, .

I do that every single time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

The problem with great guys at market value is that you can't win poo poo with them if you don't have great guys on their rookie deals. You can basically judge every team in the NFL on if they hosed up the market value of their veterans or were able to backfill their team with cheap talent from the draft or UDFAs.

See: Seahawks defense and Russell Wilson until they all got paid and turned into pumpkins.

I think Atlanta looks promising for next year, but it's not clear that they'll remain the best team in the South with their bad defense and O-Line that scrapped together a good season out of no where after years of falling over themselves (see: Panthers). Then there's the matter of the rest of the NFC not rolling over.

Nah, our line is good right now because of alex mack. We could use better guards and a good reserve tackle.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MJBuddy posted:

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see them pay Alford before Trufant but maybe they have plans for him at FS and sticking Collins opposite Trufant? I don't know.

I feel like Atlanta is setup pretty well for the near future. They have cap space, Ryan is getting restructured which should free up even more...I don't know what's going to happen with Freeman though if these agent demands are any indication of what he really wants.

I also feel like the defense came a long way from the start of the season so I'm not expecting them to be bad and outside of Chester, the oline is solid.

I doubt Carolina is as bad as they were again, Tampa is up and coming and New Orleans still has Brees so the division should be fun again.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What is Atlanta going to do for OC? Internal promotion?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

My body is ready

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Forgive me for asking but why do Saints fans despise the Falcons so much?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Oh what a wild ride it will be.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kelly, Morris and LeFleur seem to have the most traction. I don't know if my body is nearly as ready for the Chip Kelly Experiment...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because super gently caress the Saints

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its mutual, and the saints and Falcons have been division rivals for decades.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, our line is good right now because of alex mack. We could use better guards and a good reserve tackle.

Bad lines tend to overperform when they have continuity and stay healthy. Alex Mack is a huge difference maker, but he probably couldn't salvage that line if anyone went down.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What is Atlanta going to do for OC? Internal promotion?

Shanahan is probably poaching anyone he thinks is worth a drat. Bringing in someone like Kelly at least means Kelly can bring in his guys to re-staff.

I doubt Carolina is as bad as they were again, Tampa is up and coming and New Orleans still has Brees so the division should be fun again.

I'm a bit worried about Tampa, and Carolina could probably fix a lot of problems if they spend money. Saints have no cap space, so basically have to hope they can draft a pass rusher, a 2nd/3rd round O Linemen/DB that can grow into the role, and then hope the line doesn't have injuries again.

Because super gently caress the Saints

The Atlanta Falcons football team lost in the Super Bowl, leading 28-3 with 17 minutes left in the game. It was the worse championship game collapse in NFL history. That, and Tom Brady's transcendent comeback performance will be all that people remember about this season's finale.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 7, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The same way two brothers who are very much alike can have a heated rivalry. We hate each other's teams, because that is exactly what you are supposed to do.

In my mind, any Saints fan rooting for Atlanta last night is not a true Saints fan, no matter how much you detest New England. I wouldn't expect them to cheer for us if we made it back to the Super Bowl.

It's just a good old fashioned rivalry.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The one constant in the NFC South is that no one stays at the top for very long, so I expect the Falcons reign to be short lived, not for any specific football reasons, but because that's just the way it is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

big money big clit posted:

The one constant in the NFC South is that no one stays at the top for very long, so I expect the Falcons reign to be short lived, not for any specific football reasons, but because that's just the way it is.

Plus, you talk about the mother of Super Bowl hangovers, Atlanta is going to have this hanging around their necks for a loooooong time. Look what happened to Carolina this year. Hell, even when the Saints win, the next year was the 7-9 BEAST MODE playoff game first round loss.

Can Atlanta make it back to the playoffs next year? Sure. Do I think they will? Nope.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

The same way two brothers who are very much alike can have a heated rivalry. We hate each other's teams, because that is exactly what you are supposed to do.

In my mind, any Saints fan rooting for Atlanta last night is not a true Saints fan, no matter how much you detest New England. I wouldn't expect them to cheer for us if we made it back to the Super Bowl.

It's just a good old fashioned rivalry.

You can segment my facebook friends into a. my college friends not from New Orleans who became die hard Saints fans because they started college in 2006 and we made them watch football every Sunday and b. People from New Orleans originally, primarily high school friends.

One group cheered for the Pats, one for Falcons. It was the ultimate bandwagon fan test.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought id want to see the falcons get their first win, but then the game started and all I could think was gently caress the falcons.

So i was going for the pats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

Carolina could probably fix a lot of problems if they spend money.

Unfortunately for us, that is the absolute last thing Dave Gettleman wants to do.

• Locked thread