Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

BlindSite posted:

I thought id want to see the falcons get their first win, but then the game started and all I could think was gently caress the falcons.

So i was going for the pats.

I was most definitely rooting against the Saints and Panthers during their Superbowl runs but I was legit happy for the Saints posters here because they are good people.

So I can't say I blame any of you for not being able to root for the Falcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

RumbleFish posted:

Unfortunately for us, that is the absolute last thing Dave Gettleman wants to do.

Kawann Short is going to get franchised! Hopefully that works out better this year :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
eh, hating Elway and the Broncos goes far beyond whatever dumb division rivalry the birds have with a team not called the Saints.

I wanted Peyton to fail.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Plus, you talk about the mother of Super Bowl hangovers, Atlanta is going to have this hanging around their necks for a loooooong time. Look what happened to Carolina this year. Hell, even when the Saints win, the next year was the 7-9 BEAST MODE playoff game first round loss.

Can Atlanta make it back to the playoffs next year? Sure. Do I think they will? Nope.

Bucs went 4-12 the year after their Super Bowl

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

weird Asian candy posted:

I was most definitely rooting against the Saints and Panthers during their Superbowl runs but I was legit happy for the Saints posters here because they are good people.

So I can't say I blame any of you for not being able to root for the Falcons.

The quality of Falcons posters have improved since 2009, mostly through attrition. I really wish I got a Lloyd meltdown out of this, and I'd like to think he's still lurking the forums since he kept doing it for a year or two after his ban.

And back then I lived with the loudest, most annoying falcons fans. Here, I think I have a photo of them somewhere...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Bazinga

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yo gently caress the birds. Is it our turn to win the division next year?

My dad's response to the Pats winning was that Drew Brees should be more like that Tom Brady and take a pay cut so we can build a team again. I think that works for the Pats because Brady knows his organization will make smart moves with the extra money and he'll come out ahead by being the best ever. If Brees took a pay cut, they'd just spend the extra money on a 45-year-old linebacker with knee problems.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 7, 2017

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

I don't want Chip Kelly. No more run 'n shoot please no matter how you disguise it. I'd much rather find another guy with West Coast experience who isn't so disdainful of running the ball. Sanu, Jones. Hooper, DiMarco, Freeman. Coleman, and Ryan is a drat good core for a more reasonable approach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Unfortunately for us, that is the absolute last thing Dave Gettleman wants to do.

When the Panthers sign eric berry and julius thomas boy will there be egg on your face.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Blacktooth posted:

I don't want Chip Kelly. No more run 'n shoot please no matter how you disguise it. I'd much rather find another guy with West Coast experience who isn't so disdainful of running the ball. Sanu, Jones. Hooper, DiMarco, Freeman. Coleman, and Ryan is a drat good core for a more reasonable approach.

Apparently whoever it is, Quinn is unwilling to change the scheme so they will need to pickup and run Shanahan's system so the offense doesn't need to start from scratch again. We will see.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MJBuddy posted:

The quality of Falcons posters have improved since 2009, mostly through attrition. I really wish I got a Lloyd meltdown out of this, and I'd like to think he's still lurking the forums since he kept doing it for a year or two after his ban.

i wish i could find where he tilted off the forums after that playoff game

they say he still walks the trail...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Yo gently caress the birds. Is it our turn to win the division next year?

My dad's response to the Pats winning was that Drew Brees should be more like that Tom Brady and take a pay cut so we can build a team again. I think that works for the Pats because Brady knows his organization will make smart moves with the extra money and he'll come out ahead by being the best ever. If Brees took a pay cut, they'd just spend the extra money on a 45-year-old linebacker with knee problems.

That and his wife is loving GIZELLE

Tom Brady's earning potential is measured in greatness, not dollars. He lost the "breadwinner" label a long time ago.

Apparently whoever it is, Quinn is unwilling to change the scheme so they will need to pickup and run Shanahan's system so the offense doesn't need to start from scratch again. We will see.

Interesting... I'm guessing it'll be one of the assistants, then.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

After nosing around a bit at the names being thrown around, I am liking Mike McDaniel. He's been tagging along with Kyle for 6-7 years now, he sounds smart, he's young, and he has that feel good story and tie in with the Falcons now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Get rid of their gloves.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel so bad for Julio. He was a loving god on the field and all for nothing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Maybe Shanahan could have gotten super cute and lined Julio up in the backfield. Maybe THEN he would have run it from the 23 :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I literally sent corrective emails to people reaching out to my team to let them know that not every person on my team was sad the patriots won, and then I wished them a merry Falcons Lost the Super Bowl.

And yeah most of the hate is from being birthed at the same time and then saddled together to be run roughshod over by other historically dynastically dominant teams before being relegated to the division with the smallest combined media market size where no team has consistently run the table resulting in the longest ongoing reenactment of the fight scene from They Live.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Interesting... I'm guessing it'll be one of the assistants, then.

Blacktooth posted:

After nosing around a bit at the names being thrown around, I am liking Mike McDaniel. He's been tagging along with Kyle for 6-7 years now, he sounds smart, he's young, and he has that feel good story and tie in with the Falcons now.

That is what I am guessing. LaFleur, McDaniel or Morris, though I heard Shanahan was going to try and poach McDaniel. I would assume we would hear something pretty soon.

e:

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/828740983453986816

And just to add to the confusion...

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/828750585344045057

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That is what I am guessing. LaFleur, McDaniel or Morris, though I heard Shanahan was going to try and poach McDaniel. I would assume we would hear something pretty soon.

e:

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/828740983453986816

And just to add to the confusion...

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/828750585344045057

We'd have to allow him to take someone. The Seahawks only allowed DQ to take 1 assistant with him, and we might extend the same courtesy... or tell him to go gently caress himself.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

We'd have to allow him to take someone. The Seahawks only allowed DQ to take 1 assistant with him, and we might extend the same courtesy... or tell him to go gently caress himself.

Yup. It will be interesting to see what happens here. I really don't want Chip :ohdear:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:same:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blacktooth posted:

well now they're saying steve sarkisian so who the gently caress knows

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

If you went with D) None of the above, you won!

https://twitter.com/TheFalcoholic/status/829008332178468864

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean it makes a twisted sort of sense if you consider "ok we just got embarassed by the evil empire on national tv, let's grab a guy from the evil empire that got embarassed on tv"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

huh?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Welp, looks like we're letting Shanny take McDaniel and Lafluer

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/2/7/14532838/kyle-shanahan-49ers-mike-mcdaniel-mike-lafleur-atlanta-falcons

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Office Surprise Store posted:

i mean it makes a twisted sort of sense if you consider "ok we just got embarassed by the evil empire on national tv, let's grab a guy from the evil empire that got embarassed on tv"

He is also recovering from a meltdown.

But really, he is a good coach. A pretty big move.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/FalconsKelsey/status/829038223368323072

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I just no joke survived the tornado that hit the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. Here's some video of the aftermath: https://youtu.be/iTyfwGLNUkc

Since it was moving west to east, I can only assume it was the tornado of suck returning to Atlanta from Houston.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 7, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I just no joke survived the tornado that hit the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. Here's some video of the aftermath: https://youtu.be/iTyfwGLNUkc

Since it was moving west to east, I can only assume it was the tornado of suck returning to Atlanta from Houston.

I'm glad ur not dead

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

me too!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

How close to the dome is Michoud Assembly Facility? I'm guessing not close enough.

(glad you're safe)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sike

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

How close to the dome is Michoud Assembly Facility? I'm guessing not close enough.

(glad you're safe)

If you want exact numbers, Google maps can tell you, but from the right location and on a clear day you can see the dome from MAF.

gently caress burned

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im genuinely glad youre not dead.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A tornado in NOLA. You don't see that too often.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I really enjoyed watching the new Falcons safety this year, both in the KC game and super bowl. He has that Eric Berry quality where you watch the opponent ballcarrier just stop moving after a blur of red hits him

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I really enjoyed watching the new Falcons safety this year, both in the KC game and super bowl. He has that Eric Berry quality where you watch the opponent ballcarrier just stop moving after a blur of red hits him

Neal? Neal is a bad rear end but he had a rough Superbowl...he looked every bit of a rookie in that game. He can lay the wood though, all of these youngsters can. They are going to be fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

A.o.D. posted:

Jesus, I didn't know you were there. There were tornados, as best as I can tell, to the North, West, South, and East of me.

• Locked thread