Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Falcons playing hard ball with Julio. No raise coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Falcons playing hard ball with Julio. No raise coming.

Yea.

Supposedly they informed him that they were already planning on re-doing his deal after this season so hopefully that good faith effort means...something.

They are hopeful he shows to tc...lol...

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Sometimes I feel really sorry for Jameis Winston until I remind myself that he is a scumbag rapist.

Also that he has made more money in the past 3 years than I would if I cloned myself 50 times, killed all of us, and had our internal organs sold on the black market.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

Sometimes I feel really sorry for Jameis Winston until I remind myself that he is a scumbag rapist.

Also that he has made more money in the past 3 years than I would if I cloned myself 50 times, killed all of us, and had our internal organs sold on the black market.

Why wouldn’t you just clone the organs instead of a whole human that you have to kill off?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why wouldn’t you just clone the organs instead of a whole human that you have to kill off?

Killing clones has all of the self actualization benefits of suicide without the pesky 'being dead' at the end.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
FF, Falcons, at least guarantee his money through the end of the year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Come on Falcons, gently caress this up, get Julio out of the division.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1019960331014168577

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Speaking of which, I'd have a hard time finding a division with more weapons than the NFCS.

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

The crazy part is only three guys on the list are over 30, DJax, Olsen, and Ginn.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

FF, Falcons, at least guarantee his money through the end of the year.

Yea, I mean absolutely, otoh they only have $5m in cap room already and have extensions coming up for Matthews, Grady immediately and players like Jones, Neal, Beasley, Coleman (potentially). That coupled with the fact that holdouts never end well for the players, I can kinda see their side and the whole 'just wait til the offseason and we got you' mentality.

We will see what Julio thinks though with TC starting next week...

wandler20 posted:

Speaking of which, I'd have a hard time finding a division with more weapons than the NFCS.

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

The crazy part is only three guys on the list are over 30, DJax, Olsen, and Ginn.

NFCS >

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Curious if the NFL had fully guaranteed contracts like the NBA if we'd see more crazy trades like the NBA.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

wandler20 posted:

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

How dare you leave out Fiz's favorite RB.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Curious if the NFL had fully guaranteed contracts like the NBA if we'd see more crazy trades like the NBA.

Makes you think, doesn't it? Fully guaranteed contracts, no franchise tags, I think you would see more trades and huge names moving around. Like what would be the equivalent in the NFL to Lebron leaving in FA? Imagine Tom Brady leaving NE in FA. It would never happen.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Metapod posted:

*Team starts doing no huddle which means Mariota is calling the plays and not robeski* HOLY poo poo THE BALL IS MOVING

Right? On the first series I remember them going no huddle and Mariota calling three run pass options from the shotgun in a row. Every single one went for 15 yards +. Now that I think about it that might have been before Robiskie but whoever it was still sucked

wandler20 posted:

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

Yeah I don't think you can argue that the NFCS has the best skill position players. What's cool about those older dudes is they are some of the best players. Jackson and Ginn in particular are easily two of my favorite WRs. I have a thing for savvy veterans who can still go deep and run right past the coverage

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

I was going to commend his omission.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

weird Asian candy posted:

Makes you think, doesn't it? Fully guaranteed contracts, no franchise tags, I think you would see more trades and huge names moving around. Like what would be the equivalent in the NFL to Lebron leaving in FA? Imagine Tom Brady leaving NE in FA. It would never happen.

Joe Montana with the Chiefs, Brett Favre with the Jets/Vikings, Peyton Manning with the Broncos.

Granted, their replacements were lined up, but they all made playoff runs and Peyton even managed (to have the league leading defense carry him to) a Super Bowl win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reggie White might be a better example, but I'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding him leaving philly.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Joe Montana with the Chiefs, Brett Favre with the Jets/Vikings, Peyton Manning with the Broncos.

Granted, their replacements were lined up, but they all made playoff runs and Peyton even managed (to have the league leading defense carry him to) a Super Bowl win.

Weren't all them in the twilight of their careers though? Manning was post neck surgery...

James is in his prime. Though, getting a bit old for sure but is not showing any signs of slowing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

Damned odd to see Ted Ginn as a legitimate weapon, but I can't argue it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

waah posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

I was going to commend his omission.

I knew Fiz would approve.

Silly Burrito posted:

Damned odd to see Ted Ginn as a legitimate weapon, but I can't argue it.

I checked his numbers last year, surprisingly solid.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ginn and Jackson are both great. I feel like the lighter, slimmer quicker wide receivers age a little better than the big bodied fellows.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Get you a woman that defends your honor like Miko defends Brent.

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/1019769321688461312

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
OH GOD **NSFW**

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcVqBZgqZU/

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Miko rules

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The best part about her TL yesterday was McCoy responding.

https://twitter.com/Geraldini93/status/1019780606543134720

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
McCoy rules

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I wish McCoy was a Panther. There are few NFL players that I think would actually be fun to hang out with, but he is the top.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/930851539450826752

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hahahahaha "do we have a say in that?"

Also the lady really nailing down the point of him getting a lifetime of benefits like that's the worst part of it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol, what a poo poo franchise I follow.

https://twitter.com/KyleBaileyWFNZ/status/1021256510813466625

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I can think of one big statistic that the NFC South has had humongous parity in in the last 15 years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Keen for those training camp hot takes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Keen for those training camp hot takes.

Fresh from the training camp wire: Cam Newton says he's in the best shape of his life

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Fresh from the training camp wire: Cam Newton says he's in the best shape of his life

UDFA WR has been catching everything and is uncoverable. One to watch!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Washed up veteran on prove-it deal reportedly very happy to be given this chance and just wants to get to work

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong connection building between [starting quarterback] and [receiver you wouldn't expect]. Could be a real fantasy sleeper!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

'Sources' say -this- is the year draft bust puts it all together

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Uh he’s a first rounder thanks

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Josh Gordon gets busted for weed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1021735708199936001?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hold out Julio, get every penny you can!

• Locked thread