Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

I just no joke survived the tornado that hit the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans. Here's some video of the aftermath: https://youtu.be/iTyfwGLNUkc

Since it was moving west to east, I can only assume it was the tornado of suck returning to Atlanta from Houston.

I had no idea one touched down. All our phones went off with the alerts between 9-11 this morning. Glad you're OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Sark... jesus christ. I was really hoping for McDaniel or LaFleur. I'm glad Quinn has an eye on continuity, but it's interesting that he's letting go of all the guys who have been coaching Shanny's system for years... I would've thought he'd want guys around who know all the coaching points and nuances of the offense, because I'm sure there's gonna be at least a couple new faces when training camp comes around. Maybe he's confident that the rest of the players know the offense well enough that it's become institutional knowledge.

MJBuddy posted:

I think Atlanta looks promising for next year, but it's not clear that they'll remain the best team in the South

I mean, I agree for sure. It's a competitive division with 4 teams that could all win 10+ games. Atlanta doesn't need THAT many things to go wrong for them to end up in last place. But I like the position they're in, and if they draft well again and don't get shredded by injuries I think you're looking at one of the most competitive teams in the conference.

Silly Burrito posted:

Plus, you talk about the mother of Super Bowl hangovers, Atlanta is going to have this hanging around their necks for a loooooong time.

This is my more pressing concern. I think if anyone can lead the franchise through a trial like this, it's Quinn & Ryan. But in the aftermath of that game... it felt like we'd been given the death penalty.

PostNouveau posted:

My dad's response to the Pats winning was that Drew Brees should be more like that Tom Brady and take a pay cut so we can build a team again. I think that works for the Pats because Brady knows his organization will make smart moves with the extra money and he'll come out ahead by being the best ever. If Brees took a pay cut, they'd just spend the extra money on a 45-year-old linebacker with knee problems.

For sure, though it also works because they essentially pay Brady outside the cap by letting Brady have free office space for his wellness company at Patriot Place and funnel business towards it by letting his business partner have free reign of treatment facilities & guide injured players towards his company. In other news I hate the Patriots

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

For sure, though it also works because they essentially pay Brady outside the cap by letting Brady have free office space for his wellness company at Patriot Place and funnel business towards it by letting his business partner have free reign of treatment facilities & guide injured players towards his company. In other news I hate the Patriots

Yeah, but the Saints could do something similar, let Drew Brees have a Jimmy Johns in the Superdome or something.

I'm just saying if Jesus came down and gave the Saints $5 million and salary cap room, they'd just use it to facilitate a trade where we give the Rams half our secondary and they give us magic beans. Mickey Loomis would take $5 million in extra cash, tie up Pete Carmichael on top of it and burn the whole loving thing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha.

7 Falcons Fans Show Up To Greet Team Upon Their Return From The Super Bowl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seems high. I dont mean that as a slam, either.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I mean who is gonna take a day off work to drive way the gently caress up there to watch some dudes get off a bus

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

The Big Jesus posted:

I mean who is gonna take a day off work to drive way the gently caress up there to watch a bunch of losers get off a bus

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

And that's the difference between the Saints and Falcons fans.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Saints fans are unemployed and no opportunity cost of time? Seems right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

Saints fans are unemployed and no opportunity cost of time? Seems right.

Scamming disability is a job :colbert:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

PostNouveau posted:

Scamming disability is a job :colbert:

lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Jesus Christ that's not the onion.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is only a story... because the "lovely atlanta fan" narrative. And it's only funny because it's obviously not fair weather in that photo.

How many teams returning to their practice facility in the middle of bum gently caress nowhere get a welcoming committee after LOSING the super bowl?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chilichimp posted:

This is only a story... because the "lovely atlanta fan" narrative. And it's only funny because it's obviously not fair weather in that photo.

How many teams returning to their practice facility in the middle of bum gently caress nowhere get a welcoming committee after LOSING the super bowl?

http://www.kiro7.com/news/photos-fans-welcome-seahawks-home/43654078

quote:

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll greets airline employees and their families on the team's return from the NFL Super Bowl XLIX football game Monday, Feb. 2, 2015, at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in SeaTac, Wash. The Seahawks lost in the Super Bowl to the New England Patriots on Sunday.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/31171893/fans-welcome-the-carolina-panthers-home-after-super-bowl-50

quote:

Hundreds of fans came out Monday night to welcome their Carolina Panthers back home after Super Bowl 50. The Cats lost the big game, but that didn't stop loyal Charlotteans from showing their Panthers pride and support.

The Saints were going to get a parade regardless of if they won or lost.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 8, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Man, parades in New Orleans are unheard of too.

Falcons arrived home in the middle of a work day, national narrative "Where are all the Falcons fans to welcome home their team?"

Look, look... like... a few dozen panthers fans showed up in the evening to welcome home the panthers when they lost!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 8, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what were people in flowery branch busy doing? was the line at the welfare office especially long that day or something?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

what were people in flowery branch busy doing? was the line at the welfare office especially long that day or something?

I know it's hard to imagine, but... the Georgia suburbs aren't filled with welfare queens. :jerkbag:

In fact, neither is Atlanta, but good luck convincing white flight dipshits that their city isn't falling into poo poo.

edit:

Upon further consideration: referring to Flowery Branch as a suburb of Atlanta is kind of inaccurate. That town is a stones throw from Gainsville ffs. I bet every god drat person in Flowery branch is a Bulldogs fan.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 8, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I know it's hard to imagine, but... the Georgia suburbs aren't filled with welfare queens. :jerkbag:

In fact, neither is Atlanta, but good luck convincing white flight dipshits that their city isn't falling into poo poo.

I lived in Atlanta for 11 years and I'm there every other weekend, and flowery branch is a meth riddled hell hole.

It seems that it is, in fact, you who is the racist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Flowery Branch might be meth riddled, but it's also not really "Atlanta".

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons moving on from Bryan Cox and Richard Smith. Not surprising on Smith, Quinn took over defensive play calling and the defense magically got better. Cox has been on borrowed time for a bit now.

That said...lot of turnover in the offseason is making me nervous.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Falcons moving on from Bryan Cox and Richard Smith. Not surprising on Smith, Quinn took over defensive play calling and the defense magically got better. Cox has been on borrowed time for a bit now.

That said...lot of turnover in the offseason is making me nervous.

The Broncos cleaned house after their blow out in the Super Bowl (48?). No, that is putting it too lightly. They scorched and salted the earth. They were back in it two years later, and won. These kind of moves aren't unprecedented, and are often good.

Both of these guys were left over from the previous head coach I think. Reading into it, they probably aren't terrible. They just never got comfortable enough with Dan's system.

Here, have a parade:

https://vine.co/v/hu5rmT1eHJx

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Only ITP counts as Atlanta. Everyone knows this.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Otherwise Atlanta would be the largest city in the world. I know people that live 20-30 miles from downtown who tell people they're from Atlanta.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Otherwise Atlanta would be the largest city in the world. I know people that live 20-30 miles from downtown who tell people they're from Atlanta.

atlanta at its biggest would be a suburb of houston

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
All cities will be suburbs of Houston soon enough

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Saints were going to get a parade regardless of if they won or lost.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738832

quote:

"I'm going to the airport," he announced. "They brought hope to this city when nobody else could. The mayor sucks. The governor sucks. The legislature sucks. The president sucks. The only thing that doesn't suck is that team. They brought hope to this city, and I'm going to the airport."

That's after losing in the NFC Championship game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738832

That's after losing in the NFC Championship game.

Haha, and it was raining, and everyone went out to loving Metairie for it.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, and it was raining, and everyone went out to loving Metairie for it.

Worse. Kenner.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

Worse. Kenner.

Man wherever the airport is. It's all Metairie to me.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Man wherever the airport is. It's all Metairie to me.

Metairie, on the border of New Orleans and Cleveland.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Check your PM's Joey Freshwater.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Check your PM's Joey Freshwater.

Thanks dude

Now I just have to come up with something new to replace my current avatar...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thanks dude

Now I just have to come up with something new to replace my current avatar...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
poo poo thats good but I really don't like Jameis and would rather not have him as my avatar if I can avoid it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

poo poo thats good but I really don't like Jameis and would rather not have him as my avatar if I can avoid it.

Jameis isn't really the "take a no" kinda guy though...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Igotchufam

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's Mardi Gras time again.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/831199133310533632

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I've been looking at that all morning and trying to figure out who the guy on the right is supposed to be. I'm just gonna settle for Derek Luke and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DNS posted:

I've been looking at that all morning and trying to figure out who the guy on the right is supposed to be. I'm just gonna settle for Derek Luke and move on

I think it's supposed to be Mohammad Sanu.

• Locked thread