Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's obviously Arthur Blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

It's obviously Arthur Black.

ftfy

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/02/saints-themed_bacchus_parade_w.html

Float has a "Dirty Bird Gumbo" front with different teams listed as ingredients.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I will miss Victor Cruz

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/eli-says-goodbye-to-victor-cruz/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
More like the Boos Cruz

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If only seven people rise up, has anything truly arisen?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My dick counts for at LEAST 7 people.

And this poo poo is risen.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That's not even the face I'd want to punch most coming out of the SB...

BTW, SB backwards is BS and that SB was super BS...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

and I'm flaccid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

weird Asian candy posted:

That's not even the face I'd want to punch most coming out of the SB...

BTW, SB backwards is BS and that SB was super BS...

Real talk, who do you blame the most?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Real talk, who do you blame the most?

The most? Shanahan. I mean, you have to give credit to the Patriots for absolutely dominating the 4th. Not throwing any shade their way, they earned it. I just think the play calling, the aggressive style of snapping the ball with :20 left on the clock, the passing on obvious running downs, the story about Ryan screaming at the QB coach to tell Shanahan to call some running plays...I blame him this most. I blame Quinn for not stepping in and putting an end to the aggressive play calling and call some drat run plays. Situational football was non existent that quarter and it cost them the championship.

Kyle was great, I wish him the best in San Fran, but super gently caress how he called that 4th quarter.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Football Outsiders NFC South analysis:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2017/four-downs-nfc-south

"The Panthers need tackles, the Saints need pass-rushers, the Bucs need a safety, while the conference champs need help on... offense?"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

"The Panthers need tackles, the Saints need pass-rushers, the Bucs need a safety, while the conference champs need help on... offense?"

The Falcons actually do need guards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

The Falcons actually do need guards.

A guard...Chester is pretty bad. Levitre has been solid. That Schweitzer dude is supposed to be worth a look and we have Swiss army knife Garland to trot out but Chester most definitely needs to be upgraded.

DE, Guard, ILB, TE, FS in the draft/FA would be swell.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
What's a restricted free agent? They refer to Taylor Gabriel as one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Serotonin posted:

What's a restricted free agent? They refer to Taylor Gabriel as one

When a drafted player that's only been in the league for 3 seasons with a team has their contract run out, they're a Restricted free agent, and their current team can put a 1st, 2nd or other* round tender on them which is a 1 year deal that's like $3m for a 1st, $2m for a second and $1.5m for other.

However, another team can make that player an offer and then their original club can either match it or give up the listed draft pick as compensation to get the player on that contract.

*Other is the round the player was originally drafted in with some exclusions I forget.

So basically any good player gets a 1st round tender and then nobody signs them to a giant contract because gently caress giving up your 1st round pick.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerome Agricola posted:

I mean, if they had been able to make a field goal......

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I mean, if they had been able to make a field goal......

poo poo, I woulda settled for an attempt!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

When a drafted player that's only been in the league for 3 seasons with a team has their contract run out, they're a Restricted free agent, and their current team can put a 1st, 2nd or other* round tender on them which is a 1 year deal that's like $3m for a 1st, $2m for a second and $1.5m for other.

However, another team can make that player an offer and then their original club can either match it or give up the listed draft pick as compensation to get the player on that contract.

*Other is the round the player was originally drafted in with some exclusions I forget.

So basically any good player gets a 1st round tender and then nobody signs them to a giant contract because gently caress giving up your 1st round pick.

... we didn't draft gabriel... huh.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I know this sounds twisted, but I was thinking in a weird way, Atlanta was the best team to lose that Super Bowl. Can you imagine the vitriol that would be directed at the losing team if it had been Seattle, or Dallas or New England that had blown a 28-3 Super Bowl lead? It would be a never ending parade of memes and jokes for months and months. But Atlanta? They've never called themselves America's team. Their fanbase never attempted to claim credit for wins. They don't have spoiled, self-important fans. No one really cares enough to make fun of them, aside from Saints fans.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 25, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

... we didn't draft gabriel... huh.

Maybe since you picked him up off waivers you inherited his rookie contract?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I know this sounds twisted, but I was thinking in a weird way, Atlanta was the best team to lose that Super Bowl. Can you imagine the vitriol that would be directed at the losing team if it had been Seattle, or Dallas or New England that had blown a 28-3 Super Bowl lead? It would be a never ending parade of memes and jokes for months and months. But Atlanta? They've never called themselves America's team. Their fanbase never attempted to claim credit for wins. They don't have spoiled, self-important fans. No one really cares enough to make fun of them, aside from Saints fans.

Memes, you say? Oh we've got the memes. Oh yes we do. Memes and tweets and jokes oh my.

https://twitter.com/NOTSportsCenter/status/828444696930373634

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/828404378990022656

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

Maybe since you picked him up off waivers you inherited his rookie contract?

Yeah, that makes sense, if he was cut.

Silly Burrito posted:

Memes, you say? Oh we've got the memes. Oh yes we do. Memes and tweets and jokes oh my.

yer makin' me sad :smith:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 25, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I feel bad for Atlanta fans :(. I feel your pain bros.

Also, gently caress you all. Suffer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

NFC South in a nutshell there, folks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

yup

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Saints and Tampa bros just hanging out over here polishing our rings and shaking our heads sadly at those people ruining the neighborhood's good image.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Keep polishing that ring... until it falls off the dead hand of Drew Brees and you realize you don't even have a Quarterback anymore.

Saints are fuckin' just... the most Norman Bates of franchises.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

Keep polishing that ring... until it falls off the dead hand of Drew Brees and you realize you don't even have a Quarterback anymore.

Yep, it's gonna suck when he's gone, but we still at least won the Super Bowl when we made it there. :smug:

Who knows, Sean Payton might get lucky and find another Brees. Probably not, but you never know.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chilichimp posted:

Falcons are the most matt ryan of franchises.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

Every quarterback dies, but not every quarterback truly lives...to win a Super Bowl for his team. For instance, Matt Ryan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Remember when the Bucs mattered a decade and a half ago

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I really don't want Fournette to be a Panther just as much as Fiz.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Remember when the Bucs mattered a decade and a half ago

Can't hear you over all these ring

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I just want the Panthers to get some tackles so Cam doesn't end up dead.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Kalli posted:

Jesus this poo poo is complicated. Is there any good resources for understanding the whole transfer/draft system. Soccer transfers system is so much more simple.

Thanks for the info.

Also lol at the lack of memes. My social media has been inundated. 😟
Even loving Madden 17 is mocking me. Wishing I'd never downloaded that new commentary update.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I just want the Panthers to get some tackles so Cam doesn't end up dead.

I've given up on that tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

Pass rush, pls. I think our non-Cam DEs combined for something like 2.5 sacks last season.

• Locked thread