Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

Take it when you can get my friend. Congrats! Someone has to win this trash division...

remember at the beginning of the season when we thought our division was good

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

God bless you. I am not fairweather either, I've just found myself getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested and charged in these games since the SB and I don't want to turn into Lloyd Christmas :smith:

same, i can't imagine myself switching teams but i shouldn't be this mad about a football game.

i just get insanely frustrated

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Have any of you gotten so frustrated with a football game you have punched an inanimate object? Asking for a friend...

man i invested in a heavy bag to deal with my anger issues

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
falcons might actually be the worst team in football right now

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
3-13 guaranteed

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
even bryant sucks now

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
they genuinely look like they just don't give a poo poo and are doing their 8-5 to collect a check

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

It's genuinely impressive that in both a physical and metaphorical sense I could not see the talent on the field.

get used to it. he's a Project Hire so he'll last a couple years

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
quoted wrong person but what the gently caress ever who cares it's all loving trash and I might as well engrave 28-3 into my loving face so retards can spout it for the next fifty loving years at which point they'll find a way to gently caress up worse

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Falcons coach Dan Quinn: "By no means are we going to change anything on a grand scheme.''

i wanted to make a comment but i don't have one. sticking to your retarded scheme after that game is so loving stupid.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

lol, gently caress this poo poo.

If you come out of that game thinking changes are not in order, then you've resigned to mediocrity, and as a professional competitor, that should be a firing offense.

The best offense in the league last year can't consistently put up 20 points! Same personnel! Same playbook!

hey at least he's telling the fans that there is zero reason to attend or watch games

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Sark has literally never been a coordinator at the Pro level before in his loving life. Why did we hire this chuckle-gently caress?

he's dan quinn's friend

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's the "hey it's ok buddy i'll hook you up with a job" except a professional football team

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

What a world we live in!

I say before next game let Sark get all sauced up like old times and see what kind of fun slingin we can do out there. I feel like if we lose against the Jets, that may be enough for a mid season firing. Let Matt go all Peyton and run his own drat plays. So much stupidity in the calls and timing of the calls coming down from Sark.

he should have been immediately fired after that loving fourth and inches

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if sark's getting fired it won't be this year though. if dq can look at last night and say "nah, the scheme is fine" then there's no reason to even invest in this team anymore.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean maybe i am mr. negative man but after watching that i don't see how anyone could have a glimmer of hope for this team, especially after the loving milquetoast "it's just execution" dq keeps repeating

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
put this in the op

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

I firmly thought this was a 2-3 win team watching the 1st 2 games.

We're not world beaters, and picked up 2 wins against teams playing new QBs so we can't say we're totally legit but its a good start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyAgk9der4

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean lets be fair apparently we all could have used a reminder at the start of the season, lol

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Imma be honest, if we'd lost to the bears and beat the Pat's I'd have better feelings about this team rn.

the pats thing really got on my nerves because it should have been a strong attempt even if they didn't win to get some revenge

then they got out there and puttered around in a "gosh i'd really like to just be in bed right now" sort of way

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Hahah, ok but overconfidence isn't really the word to describe how I feel about this team / season.

well true but i don't have one that says like "mild confidence" so you work with what you have

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

Is ironic cheering just a UK thing?

yes, also i'd apologize for the commentators but nearly every nfl commentator is rock stupid anyways and you probably already guessed this

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/925079753601798144

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers a 2.5 dog at home lmbo

an nfcs divisional game between two wildly inconsistent teams, i'd just flip a coin

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Falcons Are Really Really Terrible

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

ATL with a 4th quarter... comeback?

lol. no.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Falcons have quit

falcons quit at the beginning of the new england game

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

the offense is the worst I've ever seen it, this includes the 4-12 2013 season.

it really feels like quinn is sark's best buddy who helped him get a job after the alcoholic thing

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i got to be on top of 2 peachtree street when they imploded the dome and it was real cool to watch

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the canal street chronicles melted down so hard they started stalking the son of the ref that flagged peyton

classy work saints fans

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeannathomas/status/939948592961347584

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

so between this and the mccarthy treatment of the refs son are the saints now officially the whiniest fanbase?

cripes falcons people didn't react this badly to sb51

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i gotta say coming to the conclusion that they fixed the game because of kneeling is a pretty loving piping hot take

quote:

OK folks, this is the low down…

This year the NFL has lost fans, viewers, ratings, TV revenue and sponsorship dollars.

They want to make up as much as they can since the “kneeling controversy” has subsided.

They need viewers. So by “controlling” the playoff picture ( NFC South is a great opportunity for them), they can create a bigger demand for some of the games remaining.

By making sure the Saints had a disadvantage in the first Atlanta game, they helped insure a lost, which will make the second game a “must see” event.

So there you have it. It’s all about ratings and TV revenue. The NFL couldn’t give a rat’s rear end about each team and their fans. For that matter, the front office of your beloved team couldn’t give a rats rear end about you- the fan.

It’s all about control and the almighty dollar. Just like everything else is.

GO SAINTS!!! WHO DAT!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

On a side note, can I safely just hate Roger Goodell anyway with no conspiracy theories needed?

i think that's probably the one thing you could get atl and no fans to unite on, so go right ahead

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Alex "Silly Burrito" Jones

dunno, has silly burrito attempted to interrogate an alexa lately, because alex jones has

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

McCoy is going to try to play with one arm against Atlanta. With one arm he'll still be by far the best lineman they trot out there. Ryan is just going to carve us up. And this is the game Hargreaves is returning for. :lol:

assuming matt ryan isnt wildly inconsistent between being garbage and being good, a classic "tell" of someone who doesn't regularly watch the falcons

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

Lol Panthers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sean Payton, Pete Carroll and two Jaguars assistants were each fined $10,000 for improperly entering the playing field last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Why pay for something that Rivera’s already getting paid to do?

but if we owned the panthers, we could fire rivera

• Locked thread