Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

This season has been something else though, you picked a great season to jump on board. The offense is hella fun to watch and seeing the defense literally learning how to play in the NFL before your eyes has been p cool.

This and the shift in attitude from the staff and out of the locker room. This team is like no other Falcons team I have seen, and I have been a fan since the late 70's. The Grits Blitz, to challenging the Bucs to being the worst team in the league, to Glanville's wreckless gunslinging, Reeves' overly conservative stint, and finally Smith's frustration. I feel like Quinn and crew have the right answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

-23 yards. Ugh.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

I don't want Chip Kelly. No more run 'n shoot please no matter how you disguise it. I'd much rather find another guy with West Coast experience who isn't so disdainful of running the ball. Sanu, Jones. Hooper, DiMarco, Freeman. Coleman, and Ryan is a drat good core for a more reasonable approach.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Apparently whoever it is, Quinn is unwilling to change the scheme so they will need to pickup and run Shanahan's system so the offense doesn't need to start from scratch again. We will see.

After nosing around a bit at the names being thrown around, I am liking Mike McDaniel. He's been tagging along with Kyle for 6-7 years now, he sounds smart, he's young, and he has that feel good story and tie in with the Falcons now.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Office Surprise Store posted:

i mean it makes a twisted sort of sense if you consider "ok we just got embarassed by the evil empire on national tv, let's grab a guy from the evil empire that got embarassed on tv"

He is also recovering from a meltdown.

But really, he is a good coach. A pretty big move.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Falcons moving on from Bryan Cox and Richard Smith. Not surprising on Smith, Quinn took over defensive play calling and the defense magically got better. Cox has been on borrowed time for a bit now.

That said...lot of turnover in the offseason is making me nervous.

The Broncos cleaned house after their blow out in the Super Bowl (48?). No, that is putting it too lightly. They scorched and salted the earth. They were back in it two years later, and won. These kind of moves aren't unprecedented, and are often good.

Both of these guys were left over from the previous head coach I think. Reading into it, they probably aren't terrible. They just never got comfortable enough with Dan's system.

Here, have a parade:

https://vine.co/v/hu5rmT1eHJx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Yea, this team still frustrates the crap out of me. Being bailed out AGAIN at the goal line really doesn't change that.

I don't know. I think they are moving in the right direction. Hopefully the early bye allows them to digest what has been going on, and they settle down a bit. The Falcons seem like they are just a step off of the pace they had late last season.

• Locked thread