Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m confused about whether or not you are actually happy about this and whether or not that is good or bad.

This is his gimmick. poo poo talks, cries about poo poo, then posts saying he's above poo poo talk and about how salty other people are.

FizFashizzle posted:

only thing a gang of saints fans would do for him right now is hang him from a lamp post

I'm 100% certain there's a crowd that'll be at the airport to welcome them back and not light them on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah some are mad, but I mean, what are you going to do? Do you want to demoralize him for the rest of his career? Rookie made a huge mistake, it'll be with him forever until he exorcises that demon.

Maybe over time my opinion will change, but I still think 2011 hurts worse than this. I know this will sound like LOL RINGZ and I don't honestly mean it to be, but man, I am really glad the Saints won it all in 2009. I got to experience the highest high a football fan can feel. The lows all feel strikingly familiar. Losing to Seattle/49ers/Seattle/Minnesota all just feel disappointingly familiar. I'll never take that Super Bowl win for granted because there's a completely legit chance I never see another Saints Super Bowl win in my life.

But I got to see one. And for that I'm eternally grateful. :)

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Sent from my iPad posted:

Yeah, this loss isn’t that bad compared to 49ers and Seahawks. The Saints were way too banged up to win a Super Bowl, and the Vikings are clearly the better team.

Williams will get some poo poo from random peckerwoods but most Saints fans would buy him a beer if they got a chance. He was really solid all year.

Including the INT in this game that got us back into it.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Folks are dumb. You're welcome that you get to share this forum with us good folk.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Oh no one of the billion games where a team came back down 1 point with 10 seconds left.

God yall are bad at this.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

MJBuddy posted:

This is his gimmick. poo poo talks, cries about poo poo, then posts saying he's above poo poo talk and about how salty other people are.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Counterpoint: Cheap shots CAN own.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_61903cfa-0835-11e8-ad31-6b288614865f.html

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

GM of the year for whoever drafted for the Saints.

Life after Brees is gonna be hard, but this draft class will at least let them contend. I also saw an article that said Kamara was the best RB in the NFL last year by a mile, even accounting for Gurley’s higher volume.

How the gently caress Jeff loving Ireland saved this team is beyond me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

weird Asian candy posted:

Falcons and Saints ranked 1 and 2 in some random franchise stability index I have never heard of before right now...

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/2/8/16989146/nfl-stability-index

Ringer is just slapping the word index on poo poo like they ran it through a normalization formula.

But Danny Kelly is pretty good and is probably correct. Neither team has any major FA to sign other than Brees. Neither team got poached for major coaching positions, so both teams should basically be the same next year. FA could change that up, potentially. Saints have "more" cap space, but won't after signing Brees, so they're about even there too.

• Locked thread