Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like watching New Orleans play but I fuckin' hate them, I don't mind the falcons except Matt Ryan who I hate and I don't mind the buccs except when their dumb fans think their linebacker who's ok is better than Luke then I want them to suffer.

The posters are p cool dudes though. There's no nfc south jerks around anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Mike Smith wouldn't swear. That's hosed up.

Cant trust a dude who doesnt swear.

Like that weird fucker who coached the dolphins during that hard knocks season.

P sure jesus doesnt care.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I thought id want to see the falcons get their first win, but then the game started and all I could think was gently caress the falcons.

So i was going for the pats.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I feel bad for Atlanta fans :(. I feel your pain bros.

Also, gently caress you all. Suffer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I really don't want Fournette to be a Panther just as much as Fiz.

I just want the Panthers to get some tackles so Cam doesn't end up dead.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't understand what the saints are doing.

Saints.txt for the last 5 years.

Im pretty sure theyre just a money laundering organization right now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

When will people learn to not deal with the loving Patriots. I can't think of one deal made with them that ended up well for the trade partner.

Kony ealy will not work out for the pats.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

One thing, good luck stacking the box to stop the Saints if they put both Ingram and AP in the backfield. Brees gonna throw for 6000.

At the very least, he'll be better than Spiller.

Im sure some teams need to stack the box.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/857772107081674752

i aint accepted you into poo poo bitch

why dont you hit three plates on your bench

In posts where I talk myself into this pick. Arian Foster on Joe Rogans podcast said he thought for running backs bench press numbers were stupid and people should spend more time on flexibility and muscle conditioning so maybe

Ah gently caress i cant do this poo poo

gently caress this pick.

Stupid cunts. What the gently caress are they thinking?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

What an upstanding looking young man.

A thing I literally read this morning "Glad we drafted a hard working smart player and not some thug".

I don't watch college football what was Stanford's offense like? We did hire their WR/RB coach to replace Proehl, maybe they're giving him a lot of input and he's putting in a lot of poo poo for passing and motioning running backs, that's the only thing I can think of at this point? It makes no sense for the team we had last year unless a big part of the offseason has been re-tooling the offense to feature more passing and motion concepts. Don't forget too, Jim Skipper is a pretty loving good RB coach he turned Tiki Barber from a 3rd down return man into one of the most productive backs in the NFL.

Some of this is me talking myself into the 2 picks, but there's 2 guys on the offensive staff with a history of getting a lot of all purpose yards out of running backs guys expected to only be return men/3rd down guys. It's a gamble but hey, gently caress it they're in it now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

and carolina trades up for a guy that probably would have been there when they actually pick

of course

People always say this and it's rarely true.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All the pr people for the panthers are referring to our 2nd rounder as a wide receiver.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Get to a gym and put down the fork Benjamin you lazy oval office.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im a panthers fan and i would wear that hat.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cmac is gonna own and it's going to be cool.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

I don't think Fiz agrees with your assertion...

I'd be worried if that's why he was brought in. He's good catching and running and that's all I give a gently caress about tbh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Is he gonna be split out a lot? What happens to JStew?

JStew is still going to be the thumper and fozzy is still on the roster too. In terms of being split out, definitely. Apparently they're giving him route trees when he's motioned wide, not just fixed patterns like most of their backs get. I'm thinking very much how the eagles used Westbrook under Reid. Not to make the comparison just because he's white but I think the way Danny Woodhead is used is a decent model for a more vertical offense. About 150-200 touches a year trying to net a thousand plus yards however they come. Some years westbrook had over 300 touches, depends on how the implementation goes. He's definitely not being brought in just to run down hill though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Beat writers aren't allowed to report on formations but apparently CMC is lining up like literally everywhere.

Luke openly spoke about it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Exactly that, honestly.

I'll forever love Tedd Ginn because he was a pretty decent Panther, but gently caress he could be the most punishing motherfucker in the world to watch play.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

that's exactly what he is.

he'll probably be mauled by a bear on the field in the preseason or something.

Yeah I agree with this assessment. He's not going to wow you with a great play but he's not going to let you down in any area either. He's just a very solid linebacker. He was great cover to have.

I'm gettin a boner watchin his cuts

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was Coryell on the ballot this year?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He can thread the needle like a motherfucker though and its not like cam can't throw short routes.

The whole touch thing wont be as much of an issue as the pundits think. Tolbert, Olsen, ginn, fozzy and Stewart have done plenty of work in the short areas for Carolina over the past two years. Theyre just designing routes and other poo poo for a guy who'll excel at it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

The only short touch passes that I can think of off the top of my head that Carolina ran with high success recently was the play where Olsen would fake block then sneak across field out to the flat and Cam would hit him as he was wide open.

Cam still can't throw a screen pass, and rarely do any other short routes (depending on definition) tend to work.

Stewart hasn't had more than 100 yards receiving in a total year but once in the last 4 years (181 in 2014).

Tolbert had 151 in 2015, and Whittaker had 226 in 2016.

Do you watch games dude? Hes not aome retard who just uncorks rockets non stop. The dude can throw a short pass. Hes not dropping a bucket catch over a linebacker, under a safety into the receiver in stride Brady style but the guy isnt full dragon like you seem to be saying.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Norwell is a legit guard.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shutting down the Texans offense.

Such great heights.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

i hate myself, the panthers, and CMC most of all

CMac is going to own and you're going to like it.

Say it with me

"lunch pail"
"scrappy"
"grit"
"hard working"
"intelligent"

When the cold wind blows you'll hear his name "Christian" and your balls will start to tingle.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NFC South owns, all of our teams are hilariously flawed in some fashion, all of them are fun to watch and there's no way to tell which team is going to be poo poo, go 8-8 of have a shot at a ring.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

God willing the panthers actually mean what they say about protecting cam this year.

Let that white motherfucker get killed instead

I know he's a huge piece of poo poo, but if someone on the offensive line had a little more richie incognito about them when it came to getting revenge for late hits on their QB it would happen a lot less. I wouldn't give a poo poo if someone got ejected if they punched gently caress out of a dude for late hitting to the head.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

At least someone got a pleasant distraction from Trump in February.

Floridians get one this week :)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cam was way off in the first half but he came good in the second. 6/6 for 66 yards and a touchdown. I think he was just antsy and hadn't had any live fire at all for a while. I think getting hit and running around a bit was actually beneficial to him dude looked dialed in the the 2nd half.

Bills next week might be a bit of a trap game, if there's anyone out there who knows how to scheme for the Panthers and knows their defensive system and how to exploit it it'll be Buffalo's staff.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, if you can make it to the playoffs semi healthy you've got a shot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Olsen being out is going to hurt a whole lot and Cam hurting his ankle and getting sacked 6 times is not a good sign.

The defense is cool and good but it's going to be a long season if they can't keep Cam upright. At least we get the saints next week. Brees is probably going to poo poo house the back end but at least it's a good team for Cam to get his arm dialed in against.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saints ideally need a multi year plan with the standard. Fire everyone in the front office and poach some up and coming dudes. Trade or cut everyone who isnt on a rookie contract and good and sign some vet to start while you groom a rookie.

To be honest I've kind of been expecting it for two years now.

I'm guessing with the ownership issues its not likely to happen.

I keep hearing people reference rumors Brees wants out. Probably for a Peyton style 2 year mega money deal for a shot at a ring.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

He is wasted in New Orleans and honestly, he'll be 39 by the end of the season. But then Brady still looks okay so maybe someone would give him a 2 year deal to chase a ring.

He's been relatively injury free his career and probably juices like other top Tier qbs. If someone throws him a few mill I'm sure hed stick around for a shot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If dak Prescott continues being poo poo cowboys would give him all the dollars.

If not Jacksonville would probably pony up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

2011 and 2012. The years we got Cam and Luke :)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know :(

He might come good if the offensive line doesnt get him murdered. I hope so anyway.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

All joking aside, what actually happened to Cam?

Last year probably multiple concussions, shoulder injury and his ankle has been bad for like 2 years now.

His training camp was pretty much being a cheer leader + a minimal pitch count. So he's now realistically had a season plus an off-season injured and not training or practicing and he's lost a lot of his progress as a qb.

The offensive line still sucks so he still gets lit up and he's so banged up he can't practice during the week so any change they might want to make they can't.

Olsen and Benjamin are now both hurt.

He doesn't take painkillers and refuses to take the needle. Which probably affects him a bit too.

I don't know if I'd consider him done but the team mishandled him last off-season. He had surgery way too late in the year to be back for training camp and this is the result.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All our teams are bad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Panthers should have hired Hue Jackson when he interviewed here or chud the second he got sacked by Cleveland or Greg Roman the moment he was let go by the 9ers.

Hell they should have gone after Weinke to be QB coach when the rams cleaned house at the very least.

Sticking with Shula is beyond stupid at this point. Hurney is probably too gutless to sack him.

• Locked thread