Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The jokes will not stop until you win a Super Bowl. #VictoryFuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

If any of you fucks rooted for Brady in the Superbowl, you're dead to me.

I was so ready to set aside all divisional beef and praise the Falcons so hard for finally destroying the evil darkness that is the Pats, but...

Hail Satan

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yay for Tampa and all but why'd Broncos cut him? I thought Ward was good?

Apparently he's had some injury trouble and he's getting older. I think it's a great move by the Bucs, he still has plenty of upside.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wait, what happened? They don't get a bye week now?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

marioinblack posted:

I live in Maryland, but all my family is in St. Pete. I'll take the distraction of football for the weekend.

I had to evac St. Pete, it's gonna be loving gone.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am too, honestly. I don't feel like Hard Knocks or preaseason gave us any indication on how well they'll actually play. I will say that Doug Martin looks fresh and lean (BSOHL!!) so it'll be interesting to see what he does when he comes back too.

If Martin is working like he was in 2015, that takes a lot of pressure off of Jameis, so that could equal a super explosive offense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Does any other Bucs fan feel like the season hasn't really started yet, since they didn't play?

Or is that just me because I missed Week 1 due to Irma?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A Pale Horse posted:

What if I told you Mike Glennon almost beat the NFC champions last week.

What if I told you the NFC champions are also bad?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Are you buying in then?

You really don't get the Bucs fan cycle, do you?

1. Overhyped optimism (We are here)
2. Making excuses for slow slide into mediocrity
3. Realizing the mediocrity is actually pure awfulness
4. Fire all coaches and repeat

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously though, Bucs could do some things this year. I do not like it.

We looked fine, but we got bailed out by a lot of mistakes on the Bears' part. We didn't look crisp, for lack of a better word. Maybe that's just first week jitters and now with a win under their belt they'll start clicking more consistently. We certainly have all of the weapons, Jameis threw to literally everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I love that we won and won bigly (big league?) but it was just as much the Bears being awful.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

You guys are so loving reactionary. the falcons are probably the best team in the nfc right now

Ehhhhhhh

You beat the Bears and a completely injured Packers squad. Maybe slow down on the "best team" hype.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

(besides the Bucs :cool:)

This is kinda what I was getting at. :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Extremely pro click. I loving love McCoy so much.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I didn't realize you started the Dilf for 5 years! :stare:

loving Christ those were bad years.

Also, I still think we gave up on Freeman too soon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Man, I was all in on Freeman after that once incredible season he had. loving Schiano.

:same:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks, Noob Noob!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

“I’m not going to be a fan anymore, I’m so tired of this”, says Falcons fan, 9 month after team was in the Super Bowl

loving :laffo:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus loving Christ, the Bucs.

So much for this being our year. We're going to be a huge bust. 7-9 at best.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also, Tampa is the latest to fall victim to the "they've got so much talent" curse where people talk about your team like it's impossible that all of those good players will make a bad team, but that exactly what happens.

It also doesn't help that a lot of our defensive starters are injured.

But yea, Jameis is terrible, he can't get into an offensive rhythm to save his life, he's totally inconsistent and still makes a ton of risky/bad throws.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Take it when you can get my friend. Congrats! Someone has to win this trash division...

Looking like Carolina at this point, though they always have the potential to crater.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I got pretty frustrated after the Bucs went down 31-0 or whatever yesterday so I turned it off to watch some movie with my wife. Was kinda watching on twitter saw they were coming back so I put the game on and Fitz immediately threw a pick on the one yard line and then watched Peterson score a 1 yard td and went back to watching the movie.

I basically did the same thing. It felt like I was jinxing them by watching cause they only did good things when I wasn't looking.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ulmont posted:

Patriots @ Saints: Saints scored 20.
Patriots v Panthers: Panthers scored 30.
Patriots @ Bucs: Bucs scored 14.
Patriots v Falcons: Falcons scored 7.

Really, Bucs should have scored 23, but Nick Folk.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

remember when I was hopeful 50 pages ago?

Same, man, loving same.

We have now hit the true nadir of the Bucs fan cycle, knowing that the losing season is going to happen and being able to do nothing but watch it unfold.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

we don’t sarcastically cheer, but we’ll give what’s called a “Bronx cheer” when a lovely team finally does something competent.

Is that like when the Browns fans get to cheer their one win?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Works posted:

Can any of yall tell me about living in Birmingham, AL? Job offers from UAB in the mix. From a professional standpoint its a good place to be for my field. Only been through the city a few times and that was over 10 years ago.

I spent a week there to train for a job one time. It was the most stereotypical "The South" town I've ever been to. Every single vehicle on the road was a giant pick up.

On the plus side, they do have Zaxby's.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's a fun Bucs fan game, watch a bunch of those "best NFL plays of all time" videos on YouTube and see how many time the Bucs are featured as the team being styled on.

Make it a drinking game if you have no particular love for your liver.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Works posted:

Not today Bucs fans, not today

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard for beating an awful team after it's over.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Works posted:

Oh trust me I won't (if we win). Fully aware of the flaws of my own team.

Honestly at this point, I feel like the Bucs should be tanking for draft position but I know expectations are way too high for that to happen.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I have no idea how. Falcons look like straight trash.

Every week there's one line that's totally off. There was one week the Chargers were favored against the Eagles, in Philly.

E: VVV *sits smugly in the "Haven't lost a Superbowl" club*

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 5, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hmm yes sure I see your point but have you considered

gently caress the Saints

It's cute that you still have hope.

Lost Season.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I stopped posting in here once the Bucs started sucking so I'm just checking in to say that I'm sad the Bucs suck

loving :same:

wandler20 posted:

Well, looks like another coaching search is in order. Dirk totally lost the team and really is in over his head. I had hope like always but another swing and a miss.

"I had hope like always" is the title of the documentary of the Bucs fan life.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Works posted:

Just saw the Evans hit on Lattimore finally (stream was messing up) gently caress that guy. I hope he earns a game off.

As a Bucs fan, I'm amazed he wasn't ejected. He absolutely deserved to be.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

What Evans did was cool and good

Dude, come on, no it wasn't, you don't cheap shot a guy from behind when he can't see you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I unironically appreciate Jameis and Tampa for allowing me to realize things could always be worse.

At least we've never lost a Superbowl :smuggo:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

While true, it's been almost 15 years now. Not much tread left on those tires friend.

Rings are eternal.

Plus, there are teams that have been around for decades longer than the Bucs that still have 0 rings (looking your way, Minnesota), so ours being a bit old doesn't bother me.

Real talk though, I get that the mindset going into every game is "let's win this thing!" but goddamn that clip is embarassing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

How old were you when they won just curious? I was 23 in 03 and I feel like I'm the old man on the forums hah.

I was 17. poo poo was amazing, the city went nuts, we were living across the bay in Pinellas county and still everyone was honking their horns and cheering, it's my favorite part of sports, how they can unite people together in moments of shared triumph.

That Works posted:

This is how its done.

I mean, had the Bucs won (yea, lol, I know) we'd be posting the exact opposite reactions. Jameis' bragging becomes retroactively justified in the universe where the Bucs won.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Even if they won we’re talking about how loving weird that is.

Oh, I get ya, like the finger licking part?

Yea. Super weird.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My thoughts, towards the end of the Saints/Bills game:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

The drew brees rushing touchdown is a short film about a man desparately trying to find a way to get out of doing something he doesnt want to do and then being forced to anyway.

lmao

"Really? *sigh* god drat it, fine"

• Locked thread