Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
When the falcons were up against the seahawks, i monkey paw wished they would go all the way to the super bowl only to lose painfully to whoever the afc decided to send. I'm starting to get just a little bit nervous. At least it isn't against the steelers. Pats are just a little less evil and a team i can honestly root for. Against the falcons that is because gently caress the pats but gently caress the falcons more. Sorry atl fans, you cool tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Noted. And while I'm not one to start arguing over the technicalities of monkey's paws and wishing upon them but If the falcons win it's a pretty big monkey middle finger to me.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
I must reiterate

Jerome Agricola posted:

gently caress the pats

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

Wishing for your heated rival to even make the Super Bowl: :sad:

It was a moment of weakness when I just couldn't bear the thought of the seahawks making it to another one. And a second moment of weakness when I felt the same about the packers. I have a lot of irrational dislike of random teams. And here we are now. Having to root for the pats. How awful.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Serotonin posted:

I'm feeling a bit like a glory hunter currently having picked the Falcons to support. Everyone in the Newbie thread at the end of last season warned me I was setting myself up for disappointment, which being a life long West Ham fan, I was totally at home with.

Weirdly I came close to picking the Bucs but Jesus that font they use on their shirt grosses me out. I'm hoping to get tickets to see the Saints in London next year just for some South solitary.

Now remember that the saints are like tottenhan to you.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Football Outsiders NFC South analysis:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2017/four-downs-nfc-south

"The Panthers need tackles, the Saints need pass-rushers, the Bucs need a safety, while the conference champs need help on... offense?"

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chilichimp posted:

Keep polishing that ring... until it falls off the dead hand of Drew Brees and you realize you don't even have a Quarterback anymore.

Saints are fuckin' just... the most Norman Bates of franchises.

Falcons are the most matt ryan of franchises.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

So is there anyone you're hoping your team drafts this year? Hoping for linebacker or cornerback, but watch Sean pick Deshaun Watson or something else completely out of left field.

I really don't want Fournette to be a Panther just as much as Fiz.

Pass rush, pls. I think our non-Cam DEs combined for something like 2.5 sacks last season.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Chris Mortensen and others reporting trade talks regarding Brandin Cooks. Teams involved: eagles, titans

REPORT: New Orleans Saints in Trade Talks Involving WR Brandin Cooks http://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...ennessee-titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Saints signed former Lion OG Larry Warford. Good, I guess.

• Locked thread