Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Aguayo got released from Carolina's practice squad, which means he's halfway to making the complete circuit through the division! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Richardson is selling the team at the end of the season, if anybody has any doubts about how the investigation is going to go.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Does Thomas Davis get suspended for his hit on Adams?

I don't really think he should, he obviously felt awful and he isnt a dirty player but with all these suspensions I feel like he gets at least 1 game.

Probably a one-gamer that is dismissed on appeal, although honestly I'd rather him eat the suspension week 16 vs Tampa instead of appealing and risking missing either week 17 against Atlanta or the first playoff game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Keep your head on a swivel, kid! Maybe don't throw interceptions to the special teams safety if you don't want to be blocked :smugbert:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oh no doubt Cam calling his shot was awesome, I was more referring to his disappointing comments a couple days ago about Jerry Richardson.

e: in non creeper owner news...Tevin Coleman has cleared concussion protocol and will play Sunday.

We finna get a Freeman/Coleman v Ingram/Kamara trackmeet and its going to own bones.

All I want for Christmas is for Sark to use our backs more in the pass game.

how would you like to steal an offensive coordinator from a division rival that almost exclusively throws to running backs

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ulmont posted:

Somewhere from #3 to #5, most likely #4, but it depends on the Colts / Texans game and the tiebreakers. Browns (1) and Giants (2) aren't going to change (well, Colts and Giants could swap if the Texans and Giants both win, but it doesn't matter for this), but the Colts, Browns (from Texans) and Buccaneers could all be 4-12 after the weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-order-week-17-could-provide-plenty-of-re-ordering-in-the-top-five/

They probably stay at 5 because of SOS (Houston and Indy have weak SOS because they played each other twice, and Tampa played 6 games against winning-record teams just in the division)
I never knew this site existed but I'm really glad it does:
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Honestly I think the Rams or the Vikings have a much better shot of going to the big game than any of the NFC South teams, but if one of them were to make it, I'd bet on the Saints.

Rams/Vikings gonna kill each other in the divisional round & whoever survives Panthers/Saints gonna pick the bones in the NFCCG after cruising through the Eagles.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/01/cameron_jordan_matt_kalil.html

quote:

Jordan wasn't upset about something that happened on the play. He was just relaying his thoughts about Panthers left tackle Matt Kalil's blocking skills.

"I was actually talking more to the other Kalil brother," Jordan said after the game. "I don't know his first name, Speedbump. Let's call him Speedbump McGee. That guy."
"Carolina picked him, so the brothers could reunite," Jordan said. "I think Ryan Kalil is a hell of a player, and Matt Kalil, speedbump."
:lol: Speedbump McGee

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A real fan roots for a meteor in a PIT/NE vs not-my-team-from-the-NFC-South Super Bowl.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-part-ways-with-OC-Mike-Shula-QB-coach-Ken-Dorsey/ac55e975-b353-49d1-9b90-4b629efe87e1

IT'S HAPPENED :vince:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sent from my iPad posted:

Oh good, the Eagles didn’t bother to show up. Maybe next week the Falcons will actually face a playoff team that gives a poo poo?

They showed up, they just aren't that good without Wentz.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Gonna need the birds to win this because I sure as hell don't want the Saints to have to play in that bullshit next week if they win tomorrow. I think the weather is supposed to get worse.

both teams are birds

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Btw, just carrying the news from the NFC West thread in case anyone hates the Seahawks, but they’re expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as OC.

this is what happens when you sign literally every living relative of Norv Turner :smugbert:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

who gave Pederson the Vince Young playbook, give that man a medal

seriously all you had to do was cover one receiver and one running lane and the only play Foles could run would have been nothing and the Falcons routinely did neither

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Barudak posted:

Im vert drunk in green colored mai tais right now so I just want to share Im glad the eagles lost and I want some goddamn kingcake

got some bad news for you when you sober up

e: i saw that

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

three posted:

It is honestly astounding how worthless Julio is in the red zone.

remember when he dropped a game-winner in the end zone against Carolina

maybe it's just end zones that he has trouble with

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Still need to draft a QB for a transistion, but pay Drew Brees.

you already have a QB for transition, he's playing on your special teams unit

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

yeah i'm enjoying it too but i'm talking about putting it on a loving t-shirt.

if you wanted people to never drop 28-3 no matter what this is an excellent way to do it, by pretending that having a miracle play happen to you is on the same caliber as choking away a 25 point lead.

https://twitter.com/TheJazzyBelle/status/952924735788249088

:laffo: #BlewDat

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/MatthiasBeekie/status/953121814087110656
imma miss this guy when he's gone

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alaois posted:

am i the only person in this thread north of the mason-dixon

I live in Bills Mafia territory. The flaming tables keep it relatively warm.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/SportsFrontPage/status/960388684993490944

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ulmont posted:

Saints: Vikings and Rams
Panthers: Lions and Seahawks
Falcons: Packers and Cardinals
Buccaneers: Bears and 49ers

Yeah, that's gonna suck.

poo poo it's a pretty good year to get the #2 schedule, considering the Lions are going through a coaching change and the Seahawks secondary is literally turning to dust

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

RumbleFish posted:

Can't believe the Panthers are actually cutting declining fan favorites instead of giving them huge contracts. Is this really Marty Hurney?

Gonna miss J-Stew and his epic stiff-arms.

It's Hurney unshackled by Richardson.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

Marty Hurney is an idiot part 2

counterargument: team is better with a Smith at WR

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm tempted, but I love my current av so much!

Also...and more importantly...I don't think he is going anywhere either...

as much as I'd love to see him leave the division because he tears the Panthers apart literally every time they play, I don't really want an entire season of hearing about how Taysom Hill was on special teams last year and now he's the starting quarterback of the 4-12 New Orleans Saints!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bad: week 4 bye
Good: NOLA in wk17 is the furthest from home we get

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Steve Smith says the Panthers just finally replaced him :stare:
I didn't think he thought anyone was on his level, at any point, ever.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I mean it's gotta happen some year...right?

to be fair third place counts as "out of the basement" and ATL/NO are both really overdue for a "our QB is injured, we're hosed" season, so there's hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

do we get to retroactively declare it the Richardson Curse if the Panthers have back-to-back winning seasons immediately after Richardson sold the team

• Locked thread