Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

I don't even care about that superbowl loss anymore

*hurriedly shuffles obfuscatory objects over blueprints labelled "plans to get even with Tom Brady"*

What happened to the plans to get even with Kyle Shanahan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Who's winning a Super Bowl first, the Panthers or the Falcons?

This is what sucks about what happened in SBLI...you just never know. Everything has to line up.

As objective as I can be, I think Atlanta has the better roster, with lottsa young talent so I would say them but again...you just never know.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

This is just wrong and makes me feel really uncomfortable to think about.

Same fam

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fans are dumb

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Go home Metapod, yer drunk

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Falcons playing hard ball with Julio. No raise coming.

Yea.

Supposedly they informed him that they were already planning on re-doing his deal after this season so hopefully that good faith effort means...something.

They are hopeful he shows to tc...lol...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

FF, Falcons, at least guarantee his money through the end of the year.

Yea, I mean absolutely, otoh they only have $5m in cap room already and have extensions coming up for Matthews, Grady immediately and players like Jones, Neal, Beasley, Coleman (potentially). That coupled with the fact that holdouts never end well for the players, I can kinda see their side and the whole 'just wait til the offseason and we got you' mentality.

We will see what Julio thinks though with TC starting next week...

wandler20 posted:

Speaking of which, I'd have a hard time finding a division with more weapons than the NFCS.

Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley (R)
Devonta Freeman
Tevin Coleman
Mo Sanu
Michael Thomas
Ted Ginn
Alvin Kamara
Mark Ingram
Mike Evans
Desean Jackson
OJ Howard
Cam Brate
Chris Godwin
Ronald Jones (R)
Greg Olsen
Devin Funchess
DJ Moore (R)

The crazy part is only three guys on the list are over 30, DJax, Olsen, and Ginn.

NFCS >

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Curious if the NFL had fully guaranteed contracts like the NBA if we'd see more crazy trades like the NBA.

Makes you think, doesn't it? Fully guaranteed contracts, no franchise tags, I think you would see more trades and huge names moving around. Like what would be the equivalent in the NFL to Lebron leaving in FA? Imagine Tom Brady leaving NE in FA. It would never happen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Joe Montana with the Chiefs, Brett Favre with the Jets/Vikings, Peyton Manning with the Broncos.

Granted, their replacements were lined up, but they all made playoff runs and Peyton even managed (to have the league leading defense carry him to) a Super Bowl win.

Weren't all them in the twilight of their careers though? Manning was post neck surgery...

James is in his prime. Though, getting a bit old for sure but is not showing any signs of slowing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Excellent! Grady is next!

Glad they locked Jake up.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, same, but... yeeeeeeeesh, I have fever dreams of Jake just turning to poo poo after this.

Nah man, Jake is solid. He is no elite stud lt or anything, but he is a totally solid and reliable nfl caliber lt. He rated better than Lewan and Solder last year and that was with the line being all beat up. I'm good with this, he is an important piece and in a couple years he will be nowhere near top 3 paid tackles. imo, it would be a huge risk to try and let him walk and find a better replacement through draft because if we had to get one in FA next year it would have been primo $$$.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I didnt think we had a choice, but *sucks air through teeth* please don't Baker this up!

lol I know the name sends shivers down by spine but Jake has missed 1 game his entire career. At this point Baker had already missed like an entire seasons worth of games.

*knocks on wood*

*rubs rabbit foot*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Vita Vea on the other hand was carted off this morning :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Whatever a Chris Cockrell is (Panthers db) he was just carted off as well. Cancel training camp Atlanta kthx

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

well we better all just look at the McGahee pictures again just to get the general idea

Think more Tyler Lockett than Willis McGahee from the sound of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sorry bruv. Was there any murmurs of an achilles pop?

• Locked thread