Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, it's okay to miss some films, I'm just saying check it out. I rewatched it on netflix semi-recently, might still be up.

I'll put on on my backlog, right after I get to seeing Mr. Deeds, The Scorpion King, MIB II, and Jackass: The movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

lol, gently caress you too I guess.

ha haha I was just messin' with you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

If you root for the pats under any circumstances you're going to the special hell imo

I will cheer for Satan himself before I pull for the Cowboys or the Falcons.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Rewatching the video of the aftermath of the hit and yeah, I agree that Cam looked like a guy reacting to a poke in the eye rather than a concussion.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

Apparently they're looking at Norv. Not sure how much I like that but a literal rock would be an improvement so whatever.

I'm not sure your health will allow it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I don't wear jerseys, but I did purchase a Lance Moore jersey for my nephew.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress I hated that guy. The lil'est security blankie ever.

My happy place is remembering him pivoting in midair to secure a two point conversion catch in the Super Bowl. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlHyGAw4ffY

In the end that conversion didn't matter in terms if the final outcome, but it was just this magnificent convergence of guts and perfect execution.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Paper bag be gone!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

a what? a glazed broom?

Probably a king cake in the shape of a broom.

edit: Btw, if anyone ever throws away a king cake that belongs to me we're fighting.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 13, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

I am too, purple is the hardest color to make a mixed drink in

Drank.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hey guess who I am?

"I'm going to go for the big hit and miss instead of wrapping up for a sure tackle."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's a trick question. I'm just about anyone on the Saints secondary for the past decade.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In spite of the infuriating way it ended, this has been a pretty good season. I really missed those.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I was mad at Williams for a few minutes, sure, but he doesn't get to miss that tackle if he doesn't make the interception to put the Saints back into the game. Football's a funny game like that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/952820235672924160

I guess there won't be any crucifixions in New Orleans today.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 15, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

how about that superbowl hangover though? it was rough this year

The Falcons made it to the playoffs in a division that sent 3 teams to the post season AND managed to win a game on the road. That's not a loving playoff hangover.

weird Asian candy posted:

I remember that one! Do you rank that one better or worse than Saints_Jags_Missed_XP? I feel like that one is an all timer...

My goodness we have found amazing new ways to lose football games :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 16, 2018

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Now that I think about it, that loss against Minnesota was on almost the exact same script as the River City Relay. You had a miraculous come back to put the team in position to win, and the loss come down to one guy who has otherwise played excellently fail to come up with a reasonably easy play.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It's like you're trying to convince people that they're really actually very devastated over this. Probably some people are somewhere, on another forum. Maybe check there?

Maybe if we give him what he wants, he'll go away?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Organized player celebrations good, coaches talking poo poo, bad.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I know your thing is being a douche, but I wasn't referring to this instance. I'm referring to him acting like he didn't remember making a choking sign at Freeman...

You could have been a lot more clear about what you meant.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I assumed by you typing "pretending you didn't do crap" was a direct response to the whole Freeman fiasco.

And Joey my thing is not being a dufus :colbert:

I typed literally none of those words.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

16 degrees here and everything is nearly shut down.

This has been an extremely weird and chilly winter, if just for the fact that it's actually closed. Last year yesterday I think we had a high of 81.

It does make for a pretty scene outside when everything is covered in snow.

I'm at work because the facility administration is very, very dumb. I-10, the causeway, and lots of other roads and bridges are closed, but lol come in to work, y'all.

Even the cafeteria workers are smarter than the people actually in charge; they didn't come in to work today.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

^ That always was frustrating. Especially how many many professions can work remotely these days. Or when your employer forces you in, making you drive 2 hours in the snow white knuckling it the whole time, only to be like :v: ok the roads are super bad everyone go home early!

Do you all have salt trucks and means to clear snow and ice or do you just need to wait for it all to melt?

In NOLA we have salt in the kitchen, salt on the table, salt in the rifles, but no salt on the roads.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I said it in the GDT but it got lost in the scroll: The Better team lost last week in Minnesota.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Why are you still wearing that bag?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

All of the commercials will be on youtube, and I won't have to slog through the funerary procession of yet another Patriots win.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Yeah it sucked in the moment, but the sting is pretty much gone, now. It's nice to have a good season for once.

The River City Relay? That will always hurt.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

It's official, New Orleans has the offensive and defensive rookies of the year as both Alvin Kamara and Marshon Lattimore won. It's only the second time that's happened ever.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_aee1c770-0917-11e8-b130-bbfef44827ca.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_b5a8d198-091c-11e8-aeba-17ebc28491bf.html

This is a large part of why I feel so good about the past season.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

How the gently caress Jeff loving Ireland saved this team is beyond me

There are a lot of moving parts that go to a working front office. It could be that the combination of coach, GM, and owner kept things from working in Miami, or it could be that Ireland was promoted past his level of competency.

Consider how an Adrian Peterson type can't accomplish anything under Payton's offense, but a Kamara/Sproles type turns into a world beater

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I was on team meteor.

I went and did groceries instead of watching this crap.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Y'all missed the third best Super Bowl ever.

That's a matter of opinion. There was no outcome that resulted in a complete game that would have given me satisfaction.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's at the point where I'm okay with the overpaid free agent if he's actually worth the roster slot.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

We had some good times together, it's true.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Works posted:

Yeah I've found that buying into sports journalism twitter hype is always underwhelming.

Would be cool to get Honeybadger though. Graham was good but not sure he's gonna be the same as he was now so I can't really get all that excited about it.

While I'd like to see Matthieu in a Saints uniform, all the toxic relationships that ruined his college career are over here in New Orleans. It's probably best for him to stay the gently caress away from this town.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Could Drew finally get a threatening defense?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Well, if you hate the New Orleans Saints, the good news is that they won't exist in 3 years. They'll be some other, larger market's team.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Last season the division was mostly hot, so by that logic, a 7-9 or 8-8 team is going to the playoffs.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Wins Over/Under:

New Orleans - 9.5
Atlanta - 9
Carolina - 9
Tampa Bay - 6.5

Go Bucs!

I'm gonna double down!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Get a decent TE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

If Chad Pennington can do it, Drew can too.

If Adrian Peterson says you're in crazy good shape even after getting traded away from your team, you're in crazy good shape.

• Locked thread