Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The only redeeming thing or maybe most hilarious was Tomsula's one year era. Dude is just not a headcoach but goddamn I still chuckled when he actually farted in a press conference and he tried to cover it up.

I don't blame the Hawks for our downfall. I blame the goddamn Ravens. That SB loss was the beginning.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shindragon posted:

The only redeeming thing or maybe most hilarious was Tomsula's one year era. Dude is just not a headcoach but goddamn I still chuckled when he actually farted in a press conference and he tried to cover it up.

I have never seen a man more scared of saying something wrong than his first public interview as head coach. I mean it was a total softball 'get to know you' thing with a team friendly guy and everything, but Tomsula was so utterly terrified of the whole thing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

I have never seen a man more scared of saying something wrong than his first public interview as head coach. I mean it was a total softball 'get to know you' thing with a team friendly guy and everything, but Tomsula was so utterly terrified of the whole thing.
IIRC Tomsula's first words were in that interview were literally "fuh fumbluh dubhuh"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Still Febreeze's finest work

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

I don't blame the Hawks for our downfall. I blame the goddamn Ravens. That SB loss was the beginning.

Yeah. I mean, that's what really sent Jed's expectations through the roof; it was so easy to look at that game and say, "hey, we should've won that," and apparently in Jed's mind that sentence continues, "so if we don't win it by next year, there must be something seriously wrong."

Some of the rest was just normal window-closing, accelerated by a bunch of failed drafts. We were really beaten up by the end of the next year, and our depth was already dropping off; I don't think there's much chance we would've housed the Broncos like Seattle did, though maybe we still would've won. But the huge shock was all the "Harbaugh's gone? gently caress it" retirements, and that's all on Jed and his prissy little fit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
SB losses can really mess with a team. There had been a lot of reports within the Seahawks about ~that playcall~ and that it was really dividing the locker room, with reports of an offseason Hawaii trip to try and smooth things over. Granted, at least Paul Allen didn't blow up the front office because of it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Of course he didn't: guys a nerd; he did the calculations and determined that the most efficient outcome would be to retain his staff.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Paul Allen is too busy chilling on his yacht to meddle in the front office

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benne posted:

Paul Allen is too busy chilling on his yacht to meddle in the front office

We obviously need to buy Jed a yacht and send on a nice long cruise to somewhere. North Korean waters are nice this time of year, I'm told.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Those few years when Kaepernick and the Niners were good (2012-14?) made for a great rivalry

Now the Seahawks don't have a real rival - I hate the Rams because they always give us fits but they are a way off from becoming a complete team. Cards are going to need a QB and Larry is getting old. David Johnson is awesome though

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Man, as a Cards fan I consider you guys our main rival (and beating you at the end there salvaged a little happiness from a lousy season), but I get how you might not feel the same way.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
As a Seahawks fan, I consider you guys (The Cardinals) our main in-division rival. There isn't enough left of the 49ers to really have a rivalry right now... but over the past 10+ years it's really been between them and the Rams. Skills-wise, yeah you guys are our rivals... but historically (in the current NFC West, it's really been the Rams and the 49ers. :shobon:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
In a way, each NFC west team has made the Seahawks a rival. Every time I watch us play the rams or cards and even the pre-collapse 9ers, I think "drat, these guys play their best game of the year against us." it's as if you all have built teams specifically to matchup against the Seahawks regardless of how it works against the rest of the league. Which probably isn't far from the truth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ninja Bob posted:

Man, as a Cards fan I consider you guys our main rival (and beating you at the end there salvaged a little happiness from a lousy season), but I get how you might not feel the same way.

I think of the Cardinals as a friendly rivalry. Fitzgerald is cool and commands a lot of respect from the Seahawks, and I think the feeling is mutual. Patrick Peterson is legit and David Johnson is secretly the best runningback in the NFL. I don't lust to beat you guys, because if we lose to you it's just a tough game against an honorable opponent. They're usually fun to watch; 6-6 was the best game of the season. I can't wait for you all to get a ring, cementing the West as the best division and the First to Four.

gently caress the Rams though.

Niners, I used to loathe you but I have been entirely consumed by hatred for York. Almost every fiber of being in me burns for his humiliation, what remains is a cool sense of pity for your situation. Good luck.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
There are no friendly rivals in for me in the NFC West, I hate all your dumb teams for different reasons. I wish for fire and ruin upon all your franchises.

But the posters are cool :)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I think of the Cardinals as a friendly rivalry. Fitzgerald is cool and commands a lot of respect from the Seahawks, and I think the feeling is mutual. Patrick Peterson is legit and David Johnson is secretly the best runningback in the NFL. I don't lust to beat you guys, because if we lose to you it's just a tough game against an honorable opponent. They're usually fun to watch; 6-6 was the best game of the season. I can't wait for you all to get a ring, cementing the West as the best division and the First to Four.

gently caress the Rams though.

Niners, I used to loathe you but I have been entirely consumed by hatred for York. Almost every fiber of being in me burns for his humiliation, what remains is a cool sense of pity for your situation. Good luck.

that's basically it for me as a cards fan too. i still laugh at the redd's apple ale commercials depicting 49ers fans drinking wine or sitting down to pee though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chichevache posted:

God, how have we offended you that I'm getting sympathy from Chiche ?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The thing about the Cardinals for me is, what exactly is the identity of their fanbase?

Seahawks fans are smug hipsters, Niners fans are smug tech bros, Rams fans used to be Midwestern hicks and are now frontrunning LA scum. What are Cards fans? How am I supposed to hate them without an easily identifiable stereotype to hone in on? :saddowns:

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 26, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Snowbirds and weird old St. Louis residents.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Guy Fieri lookalikes with strong opinions on the best club in Scottsdale? I dunno.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Benne posted:

The thing about the Cardinals for me is, what exactly is the identity of their fanbase?

Seahawks fans are smug hipsters, Niners fans are smug tech bros, Rams fans used to be Midwestern hicks and are now frontrunning LA scum. What are Cards fans? How am I supposed to hate them without an easily identifiable stereotype to hone in on? :saddowns:

Joe Arpaio voters.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ask a Seahawks fan who they think is the team's eternal rival and it'll tell you when they started rooting for the team. If they say the Broncos, they're old school. If they say Rams, they started rooting after the switch to the NFC West. If they say 49ers, they started rooting during Russell Wilson.

Edit: some might say Steelers, Patriots or Packers. Which feels wrong in many ways.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

mllaneza posted:

God, how have we offended you that I'm getting sympathy from Chiche ?

Chiche is the Holy Ghost of Seahawks posters after Wheeze ascended.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

seiferguy posted:

Ask a Seahawks fan who they think is the team's eternal rival and it'll tell you when they started rooting for the team. If they say the Broncos, they're old school.

Or raiders, I probably would answer Raiders.

seiferguy posted:

If they say Rams, they started rooting after the switch to the NFC West. If they say 49ers, they started rooting during Russell Wilson.

All true

seiferguy posted:

Edit: some might say Steelers, Patriots or Packers. Which feels wrong in many ways.

Agreed, very wrong to call these teams rivals. We only hate Steelers and pats because we lost superbowls to those teams, but that's nothing close to rivalry territory. As for packers, anytime I meet a packers fan I just laugh and say "fail mary, replacement refs got it right" and watch as blood vessels threaten to explode from thier head.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Krycek posted:

Agreed, very wrong to call these teams rivals. We only hate Steelers and pats because we lost superbowls to those teams, but that's nothing close to rivalry territory. As for packers, anytime I meet a packers fan I just laugh and say "fail mary, replacement refs got it right" and watch as blood vessels threaten to explode from thier head.

If I had to choose one non-NFCW rival for the Seahawks, I would probably say it's the Packers. There's a lot of history there - Holmgren's departure, "We want the ball and we're gonna score", John Schneider being a former GB exec, Fail Mary, NFCCG comeback, and the fact that we've always played them almost every year now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

If I had to choose one non-NFCW rival for the Seahawks, I would probably say it's the Packers. There's a lot of history there - Holmgren's departure, "We want the ball and we're gonna score", John Schneider being a former GB exec, Fail Mary, NFCCG comeback, and the fact that we've always played them almost every year now.

Panthers is a sneaky high pick too. We seem to play them every drat year these days and the teams seem to like each other less every time.

Agree that we don't really have a true rival right now though, beyond that our biggest competition for the division is currently the Cardinals.

Saying we were rivals with th Broncos in the 90s is like saying a rabbit had a rivalry with an eagle. That poo poo really only went one way. Rams Hawks was great though, although nothing tops that brief run of Niners Hawks games. Shame that team fell apart.

Kinda tough for Seattle teams in general to have natural rivals because they are so far away from everyone else. When Portland and Seattle both have a team in the same league that's automatic, but right now that's just MLS. MLB tries to lump us in with San Diego for NL/AL rivalries but there is just nothing there.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hated the Broncos in the 90s because gently caress John Elway, but Raiders fans were just behind Cowboys fans as the most obnoxious kids on the playground.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Chichevache posted:

that 6-6 game drat near killed me so many times.

edit: No idea what the AZ "fanbase" is. Lots of transplants here...fleeing the cold from back east/north, the cost of living in california, etc.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

I hated the Broncos in the 90s because gently caress John Elway, but Raiders fans were just behind Cowboys fans as the most obnoxious kids on the playground.

My dad was a broncos fan so when I was a kid I loved Elway and was super salty about Joe Montana. I loved Steve Largent though and when I came back to enjoying sports again Matt and Walt were easy guys to like.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks were awful in the 90's so the Broncos were hated but not like the Raiders in the 80's. Seahawks and Raiders were both good from 1983-1988 and I remember Raiders games at the Kingdome and fights in the stands and poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Bad Moon posted:

I loved Steve Largent though and when I came back to enjoying sports again Matt and Walt were easy guys to like.
I forgot what his name was but one season back in the 80s a Broncos safety laid out Largent in Denver, rendering him unconscious for several minutes. A few weeks later in Seattle, that same Broncos safety intercepts a pass and runs it back several yards before getting absolutely blown up by Largent so hard he fumbles the ball back to Seattle.

Even as a Broncos fan I thought that was a pretty cool story of ultimate revenge.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I forgot what his name was but one season back in the 80s a Broncos safety laid out Largent in Denver, rendering him unconscious for several minutes. A few weeks later in Seattle, that same Broncos safety intercepts a pass and runs it back several yards before getting absolutely blown up by Largent so hard he fumbles the ball back to Seattle.

Even as a Broncos fan I thought that was a pretty cool story of ultimate revenge.

That's "The Hit", my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSOPrwb-mQc

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

:stare:

Owns.

RKRGoat
Jun 20, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

I wish for fire and ruin upon all your franchises.

I bring you good news, the fire is here. Wait, no. This is bad what is this.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

JPrime posted:

that 6-6 game drat near killed me so many times.

edit: No idea what the AZ "fanbase" is. Lots of transplants here...fleeing the cold from back east/north, the cost of living in california, etc.

Temporarily embarrassed Packers fans really.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

JPrime posted:

People who don't like Mexicans much?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
YORK SUPER DORK

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
AZ Cardinals fans are mostly trashy, but a good kind of trashy. The fun kind.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
*extremely Jim Nantz voice*

Hello friends and welcome to the thread where I spiral out of control before I Jovan Belcher myself in Jed's cabana his neighbors won't let him build.

A tradition unlike any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Did the waitstaff forget to tell the kitchen to burn your toast again, Mr. Nantz?

• Locked thread