Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I think you all should re-up kap for another 6yr/$126M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Number of years since a Dan Quinn team should have run the ba against the Pats in the Super Bowl: 2 0

We're free Seahawks fans

We're no longer the last to do it

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

shirts and skins posted:

Number of years since a Dan Quinn team should have run the ba against the Pats in the Super Bowl: 2 0

We're free Seahawks fans

We're no longer the last to do it

No longer owners of the biggest choke in SB history

gently caress it, I'll take it

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Manoueverable posted:

I for one can't because the only thing that would satisfy me would be a SB victory over the Pats and after their 5th ring it feels pointless :(

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I hate the Patriots so loving much

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Manoueverable posted:

Still the most spectacular I'd say. Yours is one very easily identifiable moment where a win becomes a heartbreaking and unexpected loss, whereas the Falcons game was a comedy of errors that can't be so neatly summed up in a vine video.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Manoueverable posted:

Maybe now the healing can begin :sympathy:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Freakazoid_ posted:

Maybe now the healing can begin :sympathy:

I will hold that anger and despair in my heart forever.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The last three years have really brought about an escalation of sports choking.

First the Seahawks, then Golden State and now the Falcons. The next team to choke is really going to have to step up their game and blow a 40 point lead in five minutes or something.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Don't forget the Cleveland Indians.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hockey needs to get on everyone else's level

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bad Moon posted:

The Caps alone have choked enough for the last 10 years to more than equal any one of those upsets.

Imagine a Russian
Choking in a playoff race
Forever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The last three years have really brought about an escalation of sports choking.

First the Seahawks, then Golden State and now the Falcons. The next team to choke is really going to have to step up their game and blow a 40 point lead in five minutes or something.

You forgot the Indians.

Which is fair.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Bad Moon posted:

Hockey seemingly has an annual 3-1 series lead go on to a loss (none in 2016 though).Washington has done this the most recently in 2015. In the past 6 seasons, twice had teams given up 3-0 series leads to lose their NHL playoff series: Philadelphia beat Boston in 2010 and Los Angeles beat San Jose in 2014.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Rams are switching to Wade Phillips 3-4 "hybrid" defense, which will be fun because they don't have any of the personnel for it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Looks like both Palmer & Fitz will be back in 2017. :ohdear:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hopefully they won't be doing the pool jump exercise when they do

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
:rip: Steven Hauschka

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Why in the loving gently caress would we pick up Blair Walsh?

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

JPrime posted:

Looks like both Palmer & Fitz will be back in 2017. :ohdear:

As long as we can keep Palmer protected, there's hope. But man, I felt really good about our receiver core before the season and that didn't pan out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benny the Snake posted:

Already won Seattle a playoff game

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benny the Snake posted:

Kickers recover from the yips sometimes. It isn't like he's physically broken, I think.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Doesn't necessarily mean Hauschka is gone. He's still got some years left (as far as kickers go) and is one of the better kickers in the league.
There was an increase in missed FGs and PATs all around this season, not just in Seattle.
Main reason I see him leaving is money.
E: which sucks. He's the beep boop calculating trajectory kicker while Ryan is a goofy Canadian punter that makes funny faces and laughs at himself.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 14, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jon Ryan owns

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

DariusLikewise posted:

Jon Ryan owns

Jon Ryan does own. It sucks that hauschka is probably gone, but he hasn't been particularly great lately and maybe Walsh will be good? idk seems like a pretty lateral move at this point

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
You could maybe hope that Blair Walsh's previous season was the same as Mason Crosby's 2012 season. A bad aberration and hopefully he recovers back to his usual self.

If he still has the yips / is bad, I think that would probably be evident early on in camp, and at that point he gets cut in favor of someone else.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Rams and Niners goons tell me about how your fandoms are reacting to the changes to your defensive alignments.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bad Moon posted:

Rams and Niners goons tell me about how your fandoms are reacting to the changes to your defensive alignments.

I've been wanting to switch to a 4-3u ever since they lost Fangio, Smith & Willis. 3-4 made no sense for the past couple years, given the limited LB talent on the roster. I think the current d-line players they have will fit the new scheme well, though I have some concern over the size of Armstead & Buckner.

I envision Armstead at SS DE, Ian Williams/Glenn Dorsey at NT, FA/draft pick or maybe Ronald Blair at UT, Buckner or Carradine at Elephant. SS LB would be Lynch or maybe Ronald Blair. It's going to take some experimenting and a season of some physical changes to make it work, but there's probably also going to be an awful lot of roster changes, so :shrug: who knows how it'll end up looking. Excited for the change, though. Even if I suspect the defense will be absolute trash for at least one more season, it won't take as long to make the switch as people probably think.

Edit: I think it's great, most people seem excited (yay change) or indifferent. Defense has already gone to crap, so who really cares what scheme they use now?

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 15, 2017

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
The way I see it, the Hawks are looking to go cheap at kicker, even if that means downgrading from where they've been at the past few seasons. Hauschka can likely demand more on the FA market than they want to pay. Walsh is probably a low risk, high reward potential replacement. I'd wager his deal with seattle has zero guaranteed money, leaving us free to cut him at any time and not lose cap space.

I'm thinking Hauschka will get a big payday with another team and Walsh will get a chance at redemption in Seattle on the cheap and we put the money towards the o-line or not. Naw, we'll probably waste the cash on overpaying a bad cornerback.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Armstead and Buckner are really bad. Armstead can't play in any scheme, total bust

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DariusLikewise posted:

I hate the Patriots so loving much

:same:

Bad Moon posted:

At this point, my reaction to everything the Niners do is "gently caress it, why the hell not?"

We're a franchise in a hopeless death spiral so no matter what coach Whoeveritisatthemoment tries it won't matter a single, solitary drat because that rotting pseudohuman pustule Jed York is in the Owner's Chair.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 15, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

African AIDS cum posted:

Armstead and Buckner are really bad. Armstead can't play in any scheme, total bust

Even in Seattle?

on the offensive line?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
For all the talk about Seattle's O-line, cornerback is the position I'm most worried about right now. DeShawn Shead tore his ACL in the playoffs and probably won't be ready for Week 1, and we don't really have a starting-caliber CB2 to step into his place. We need to either find someone in the draft ready to start right away, or overpay a guy like Trumaine Johnson just to make sure that position isn't a total black hole.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 15, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
As dire as the depth is at CB at least they have proven in the past to be able to find and produce players who can perform.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I don't like to see FA signings at the CB position because most veterans are unwilling or unable to adapt to the technique that seattle coaches. But you're right, weakness at one corner position just means you need to avoid Sherman's side of the field and sooner or later you'll hit some big plays.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Shead's career is probably over

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It sounds like there are a ton of guys on the 90-man at CB, so maybe they've been able to train somebody up from there? It takes a while to learn the system. But yeah, CB depth is pretty poor. I could also see Seattle spending a pick on a backup FS, someone to lighten Earl's load and start prepping for the transition when he retires. Obviously I know the most about Budda Baker, but I'm sure the pros watching the draft have a better idea than me. A genuine interior pass rusher would be nice too, our rush had a tendency to disappear against good tackles because we didn't have enough in the center.

Of course, none of that matters unless we fix the offensive tackle situation. I actually think there is potential in the interior of the O line, Ifedi was bad but actually has teachable talent, and Britt was actually decent. But if we have to run Gary Gilliam out at RT again I think Russ might die.

Some people I talk to are more pessimistic, they think that it doesn't matter who the Seahawks draft, they think Cable will just ruin them. Pretty bleak perspective, but it's been a while since Seattle has had even competent pass blocking so they may have a point.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

I've thought about it some more after initially thinking the Rams were dumb for switching to a 3-4, but as long as they put Aaron Donald in a position where he can get one-on-one in pass rushing and find another good middle linebacker they should be pretty solid. I trust Wade Phillips to not completely try and force a system on the players rather tailor a system to make it work with the talent they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Apparently the Dolphins are releasing their left tackle Brandon Albert. Maybe the Hawks will pick him up? Hahahaha, no we'll take another college basketball player, or something.

• Locked thread