Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Like Goff into the Rams offense? I would of much rather had the 2 first round picks at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For sure at this point Goff looks bad, but the offense outside of RB is p poo poo for Stl right?

Plus McVay turned Cousins into a decent QB, maybe he can work his magic on Goff.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DariusLikewise posted:

Like Goff into the Rams offense? I would of much rather had the 2 first round picks at this point.

Just thimk, if you hadn't traded up for Goff, the Browns would have drafted him and Wentz would have fallen probably to Philly without the trade.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
JAY

CUTLER

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like the Rams should have used last year as a rebuild year, kept the draft picks to fill out other roster needs, then go for a FA QB this year like Romo. Of course, Jeff Fisher ~faaaaart~ and NEW CITY kind of ruined them.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Rams are hosed this year too, they will have 40 million in cap space, but no first round pick and they will probably use most of that space re-signing Trumaine Johnson, TJ MacDonald and Kenny loving Britt

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I feel like the Rams should have used last year as a rebuild year, kept the draft picks to fill out other roster needs, then go for a FA QB this year like Romo. Of course, Jeff Fisher ~faaaaart~ and NEW CITY kind of ruined them.

Goff would have been absolutely perfect for Chip's wild ride, too. Stupid Rams ruin everything (though especially the Rams).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goff is such a weird black box at this moment. Air Raid QBs have a rough track record in the NFL, but at the same time Goff had nothing to work with last year and was basically thrown to the wolves.

Maybe a real coaching staff and a scheme not stuck in the 1970s can help him turn around (along with WRs worth a poo poo), but the tape he put on last year was not very encouraging. I mean, his rookie stats were on par with Leaf and JaMarcus, so it's gonna take a lot of work for him to wipe away those comparisons.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

Goff is such a weird black box at this moment. Air Raid QBs have a rough track record in the NFL, but at the same time Goff had nothing to work with last year and was basically thrown to the wolves.

Maybe a real coaching staff and a scheme not stuck in the 1970s can help him turn around (along with WRs worth a poo poo), but the tape he put on last year was not very encouraging. I mean, his rookie stats were on par with Leaf and JaMarcus, so it's gonna take a lot of work for him to wipe away those comparisons.

otoh, he had a (comparatively) rough first year at Cal, and got better every year as he learned the system & the team around him improved. I think he'll be fine with the new, offensive minded head coach. Just wish it wasn't for the Rams.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My thoughts as well, assuming the Rams get some decent offensive support.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Coldforge posted:

otoh, he had a (comparatively) rough first year at Cal, and got better every year as he learned the system & the team around him improved. I think he'll be fine with the new, offensive minded head coach. Just wish it wasn't for the Rams.

I don't know that. I thought he looked better his junior year than his senior year at Cal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russell Okung is a FA again. Given what our OTs did last year I'd be totally fine bringing him back.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I would be too if he is willing to sign for cheap. He's not the elite LT that he thinks he is and doesn't deserve the type of salary he expects. He's good, not great but better than what we got. I just don't see him coming back to Seattle with his tail between his legs so to speak when he can probably get the same pedestrian offer from most teams in the league that aren't the seahawks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of former Seahawks, Breno Giacomini is a FA again, and god drat is our RT position such a black hole that I'm getting nostalgic for Breno loving Giacomini.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Speaking of former Seahawks, Breno Giacomini is a FA again, and god drat is our RT position such a black hole that I'm getting nostalgic for Breno loving Giacomini.

Gary Gilliam will turn out to be really good, he just needs more time under the zen master Tom Cable.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Krycek posted:

Gary Gilliam will turn out to be really good, he just needs more time under the zen master Tom Cable.

He'll be good for the second half of the season then get traded to another team or released, allowing Tom to start the cycle anew.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

Okung and Giacomini are free agents. I wonder what it would be like to have NFL talent at both tackle positions again?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Okung and Giacomini are free agents. I wonder what it would be like to have NFL talent at both tackle positions again?

For ~10 games with Okung, but it would still own.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013

Chichevache posted:

For ~10 games with Okung, but it would still own.

I can't see the Seahawks bringing him back. Maybe if he converted to TE, then back to a Tackle to trick Cable into insisting on him.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/837083512759070720

:hellyeah: At least one part of this team will be watchable next year

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/837353700469407744

rip russ

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013

....gently caress. Looks like he's gonna be doing the Greased Up Deaf Guy routine all season again.

Anyone happened to have seen anything about the 49ers QB situation? I need to focus on someone else having a terrible time to make me feel better.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/837083512759070720

:hellyeah: At least one part of this team will be watchable next year

Okay, that owns, but I hope they change the uniforms too, otherwise white horns with yellow and blue jerseys will look garbo

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
The Rams logo in their Twitter handle is blue and white so maybe they will. I like the idea since I've always associated blue and white with LA (Dodgers, natch).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Febreeze posted:

Okay, that owns, but I hope they change the uniforms too, otherwise white horns with yellow and blue jerseys will look garbo

Didn't they use blue and white throwbacks sometime last year? I imagine they'll look like that. Can't imagine them sticking with yellow if they change the helmet.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

What a weird way to put that. That's the sort of cliche you use in retrospect, like "he grew so much more than anyone thought was possible". This way it's like he's predicting that the guy will fail and still suck.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Guys, it's okay. We can make due with a poor o-line. Russ will just drink more nano bubbles and be fine.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
In related Seahawks news...

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/837375251386261504

Also:

https://twitter.com/SeaTimesSports/status/837382849686880256

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 2, 2017

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
The seahawks are going to destroy the nfl next year

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

:nallears:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Febreeze posted:

Good news

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/837468605205757953

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

For real? drat. Well, I guess 51 years is a good run. Shame the Pats had to be the last ever Super Bowl champs though.

rjmccall posted:

What a weird way to put that. That's the sort of cliche you use in retrospect, like "he grew so much more than anyone thought was possible". This way it's like he's predicting that the guy will fail and still suck.

Maybe he's discovered that Fant is actually a baby giant, and will be 10 feet tall by the end of the year?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Came to post that.

I like it. I'm pretty sure they're going to change the logo, too. I'm thinking it'll be this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

That's not bad. Nice and clean. I was worried they'd keep the shoulder stripe and it would look too close to the colts but they made the whole shoulder blue and made the stripe gold, that's nice. Kind of looks like a uniform Navy would wear.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 3, 2017

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thin gold stripes on either side of the blue stripe on the pants would pull it together but then gently caress the Rams

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Febreeze posted:

That's not bad. Nice and clean. I was worried they'd keep the shoulder stripe and it would look too close to the colts but they made the whole shoulder blue and made the stripe gold, that's nice. Kind of looks like a uniform Navy would wear.

I still wish they went back to the blue/yellow, but the old-school white/blue is a classy style that still holds up today, so it's fine. At least they stopped emphasizing the gold, which always looked like an awkward fit next to the traditional Rams colors.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MILLENNIUM BLUE AND CENTURY GOLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

DariusLikewise posted:

MILLENNIUM BLUE AND CENTURY GOLD

if you add those two numbers together it's the total yards goff is going to pass for this upcoming season

• Locked thread