Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Goff going to have a good sophmore year imo. Except when he plays the Seahawks of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Goff going to have a good sophmore year imo. Except when he plays the Seahawks of course.

Disagree

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean he can't be worse right?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Goff will have 14 lovely games and his two good games will inexplicably come against the Seahawks, because that's just how things work in this division.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

Goff will have 14 lovely games and his two good games will inexplicably come against the Seahawks, because that's just how things work in this division.

There's no more Jeff Fisher magic.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean he can't be worse right?

Correct.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
RIP Russell Wilson. The thought of Thomas playing RB is... odd? I love seeing his enthusiasm after running all the way across the field to take someone out.

Chichevache posted:

As was demonstrated in the TNF game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chichevache posted:

Yeah it took me a second to remember that, but it's true! The curse is lifted. Now we just have to worry about the lovely o line.

Anyway, whoahoa, what is this about SF maybe getting Kirk Cousins? Niners fans...do you like that?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hawks will still poo poo the bed against the Cardinals.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah it took me a second to remember that, but it's true! The curse is lifted. Now we just have to worry about the lovely o line.

Anyway, whoahoa, what is this about SF maybe getting Kirk Cousins? Niners fans...do you like that?

If they get him for a rnd 3 or less in trade, sure. If it's a first or second rounder, gently caress that. Niners are going to suck next season no matter who is QB, would rather they just grab a cheap vet (Hoyer, Schaub) who can fill space for the next couple years, and try their luck in the draft while they rebuild.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

The Niners got sick of a quarterback who kneeled at inappropriate times, not sure why they think this one is different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYDDVzqOTo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

its all nice on rice posted:

RIP Russell Wilson

Don't worry, he's got his magical concussion water to protect him!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

shirts and skins posted:

For real? drat. Well, I guess 51 years is a good run. Shame the Pats had to be the last ever Super Bowl champs though.

In your heart of hearts you knew that it would always end in a Patriots victory.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

If they get him for a rnd 3 or less in trade, sure. If it's a first or second rounder, gently caress that. Niners are going to suck next season no matter who is QB, would rather they just grab a cheap vet (Hoyer, Schaub) who can fill space for the next couple years, and try their luck in the draft while they rebuild.

God I hope they trade the number 2 pick this year, getting a shitload of picks would be much better given how talent less this roster is

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nervous posted:

In your heart of hearts you knew that it would always end in a Patriots victory.

Two gin-soaked tears, victory over himself, loved Bill Belichick, etc.

So, Calais Campbell is taking off? I'm liking this offseason more and more. http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2017/03/05/cardinals-likely-lose-jefferson-campbell-free-agency/98777718/

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jeff Fisher has left and his curse will be broken.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Part of me tells me that 9ers should use this as a rebuilding year and get a QB next year since they have talent deficit almost everywhere, but I'm not an NFL GM.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

Part of me tells me that 9ers should use this as a rebuilding year and get a QB next year since they have talent deficit almost everywhere, but I'm not an NFL GM.

With 6 year contracts (and no offset), the front office can take their time and get the best pieces they can each season. Going to suck a bit in the short term, but hopefully around the time the Seahawks are falling apart, the 49ers will be a competent team again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

Kirk Cousins next year.

Coldforge posted:

With 6 year contracts (and no offset), the front office can take their time and get the best pieces they can each season. Going to suck a bit in the short term, but hopefully around the time the Seahawks are falling apart, the 49ers will be a competent team again.

Eh, not like the Rams or Cards want to do it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm just waiting for the Antoine Bethea shoe to drop so the 49ers ditch both of their notable FA acquisitions of the last half decade

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm tempted to fantasy book Torrey Smith on the Seahawks, but a one-dimensional deep threat is kinda redundant when Tyler Lockett can do more (when healthy).

On the other hand, I will gladly take him over Jermaine Kearse.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

I'm tempted to fantasy book Torrey Smith on the Seahawks, but a one-dimensional deep threat is kinda redundant when Tyler Lockett can do more (when healthy).

On the other hand, I will gladly take him over Jermaine Kearse.

I'll take Greg Hardy over Jermaine Kearse.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Chichevache posted:

I'll take Greg Hardy over Jermaine Kearse.

What's Jerramy Stevens up to now?

Or Hope, for that matter.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kearse will make an amazing acrobatic catch every six games or so to break up his usual routine of letting an easy one bounce off his hands or facemask every game

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What's Jerramy Stevens up to now?

Or Hope, for that matter.

poo poo, I've seen Hope catch a ball and a beatdown, so she's twice the man Kearse is.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Hope Solo played hockey instead of soccer she'd be the greatest goon of all time

(assuming she actually fought the opponents instead of her own teammates in a drunken rage)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

I'm just waiting for the Antoine Bethea shoe to drop so the 49ers ditch both of their notable FA acquisitions of the last half decade

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/839245100442079233

99 milly in cap space

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

And they only need to fill those gaping holes at EVERY loving POSITION OH MY GOD I HATE YOU JED YORK

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Even if the Niners get Kirk Cousins, who the gently caress is he throwing to? Jeremy Kerley and Lucky Fans In Section 306, Row 12?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Benne posted:

Even if the Niners get Kirk Cousins, who the gently caress is he throwing to? Jeremy Kerley and Lucky Fans In Section 306, Row 12?

Kirk throwing into an empty seat is pretty fitting.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Benne posted:

Richard Sherman :grin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Al

Shon

Jeff

Ery's

Good friend Eddie Royal after he gets cut

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Benne posted:

They've got like $500 million in salary cap space and lots of quality draft picks, give it a minute. Not that they're getting Cousins, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

warcrimes posted:

They've got like $500 million in salary cap space and lots of quality draft picks, give it a minute. Not that they're getting Cousins, though.

[citation needed]

It's 2017 or 2018. Kirk is doodling him and Shanahan with hearts around them in his Trapper Keeper.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 8, 2017

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/07/seahawks-dont-tender-contracts-to-restricted-free-agents-deshawn-shead-brock-coyle/

quote:

The Seattle Seahawks will not tender restricted free agent contracts to cornerback Deshawn Shead and linebacker Brock Coyle.

According to Tim Booth of the Associated Press, the agent for both players, Cameron Foster, confirmed the Seahawks’ intentions to not offer tenders, making both players unrestricted free agents.

Seems like a shame. ACLs seem pretty recoverable these days, but I guess halfway through the season is too long to wait for Shead.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Shead's been hit or miss, but also had a tough run considering he's opposite the field of Sherman.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Bummer. Deshawn was shaping up. into a decent number 2 corner. I will Shead a tear.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Weird that they wouldn't at least put the lowest tender on Shead just to have the right of first refusal. Also I didn't realize the Seahawks had signed noted rapist Perrish Cox.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Now that Cox is back in the NFC West the Seattle-SF ping ponging of his contract will begin anew.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

Weird that they wouldn't at least put the lowest tender on Shead just to have the right of first refusal. Also I didn't realize the Seahawks had signed noted rapist Perrish Cox.

Nah, he wasn't found guilty. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Niners waived Marcus Martin, who had perfected the art of snapping a football and immediately getting knocked on his rear end.

• Locked thread