Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
It was mentioned in passing above, but Spanish olive oil apparently doesn't have this issue, and is my personal preference anyway, followed by good California oil, then Greek. Given the relative price points and ease of acquisition (Costco sells California Olive Ranch for about $10/L) that means most of my good stuff is from California nowadays.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying http://www.aceitequintasanjose.com/index.php/productos/item/296 when I was in Spain, it blew me away and is apparently not exported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Jose posted:

i bought some olive oil that had sediment in it that claims it was cold pressed and was £7 for 750ml is that likely to be legit i've not actually opened it

From where? Does it claim to be a recent pressing (olio nuovo)? I've bought good quality unfiltered EV cold-pressed CALIFORNIAN oil for about that much in USD, but I'd be dubious getting Italian for about that much. I just saw on Saturday what i recognized as 500mL of VERY high quality oil from a Spanish producer for only $5 -- it was that much because it was labeled as a "spring pressing for use in the summer," ie it's remainder-stock, and was probably closer to $20 back in May/June. Probably still very good, though.

• Locked thread