Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
unmask voldemort

i'm a wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I do appreciate the write up simply because it satisfies my curiosity on why kiwi farms was shut down. I just hope that when people look back on this they can realize the danger of taking the internet too seriously
:same: I was wondering too. sucks when innocent people unrelated to stupid internet drama and poo poo gets hurt. unironically hope the dudes mom is ok despite mothering an exceptional individual

but i'm really a wizard, i can make my dick go up and down by casting spells.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lowtax posted:

internet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Grant DaNasty posted:

This is like one of those sci-fi movies where an alien from a dead world comes to earth to warn us to learn from their mistakes or else suffer the same fate.

only with doxing and dumb internet drama.
It's a face book!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hello mr KIRK JOHNSON!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I think it's a good idea to have a reminder for people to pay attention to what they post on the glorious internets and tell them to remove themselves from major whitepaging sites when they sign up and in the rules or something. There's a lot of sites that index a lot of public poo poo that you probably didn't even know was public. i think there was some good link somewhere about it and it's a good lesson, especially if you are going to run a website like that, or even just shitpost on somethingawful.

lot of freaks abound

e: this is a good starter http://www.computerworld.com/article/2849263/doxxing-defense-remove-your-personal-info-from-data-brokers.html

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 21, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Monos Bullet posted:

idk what is going on in this thread but removing yourself from these sites is good and I've been in the process of doing it but there are so darn many of them it's hard to keep track of which ones i'd done already.

a helpful link that tells how to remove yourself from the most popular ones:
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2849263/doxxing-defense-remove-your-personal-info-from-data-brokers.html
Oh yeah i think thats the one, there's probably like a dozen more and probably dont make it easy to do so. Just not giving out your dob(its my birthday!)/occupation/city and not having a linkedin (which is worthless) is a good idea preventive which you would think is common sense by now but welp

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sid Vicious posted:

If I don't have anything weird about me and don't care if people look at my picture do I need to be concerned with wiping any connections between the internet and real life?

Only if you dont reflect Voldermorts spells back on him w/ the power of love (j/k no one loves goons)

one weird trick he hATES

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
^ yeah probably a bigger problem for mods, but like I said, freaks abound. lot of whitepage stuff connects and shows every relative and down the rabbit hole it goes. probably won't really matter but an oz of prevention is better than a headache later.

Sid Vicious posted:

I am actually a real life wizard I cast spells on the regular and am not concerned about Voldemort.

:hfive: lets cast spells on each other dicks,

wops i turned mine into a :lolplant:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Can't imagine anybody online would ever be crazy enough to vilify a pizza place.
pizzagater spotted! watch your back sid!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Yeah this

It doesn't take long to do and especially if you recently bought a house or have a mobile plan, your info is out there.

Also do your parents a favour and remove their information as well
is mobile plans how that get all that information? that's really weird and hosed up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tills posted:

You might think kiwifarmers are bad, we are pussies compared to this guy.

is that that Vordrak guy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
:rip: Keg

GBS loves women now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

food court bailiff posted:

Really really. The texture is what turns most people off but if it doesn't bother you it's a really nice and tangy flavor that makes the fruit itself taste sweeter and almost creamy.
kiwis are delicious but passionfruit is one of my favorite. tho it also looks like snotty semen inside but its like liquid sweet tart candy in fruit form.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

We know you weren't involved because something actually happened

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris