Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Communism good?
This poll is closed.
Yes 375 66.25%
No 191 33.75%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ormi posted:

I was raised on an orchard :sun:

makes sense cause ur a fruit :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

gobbagool posted:

or, you know, evidence that he was wrong either

there's actually a lot of evidence he was wrong, from current observations of uncontacted tribes to archaeological reconstruction of work flow in ancient societies. caroline humphrey, who also gets quoted in the ATL article, is one of the most respected scholars on the subject, by the way.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

gobbagool posted:

funny, leftists always criticizing Adam Smith, but every single idea coming from the left about how to manage an economy always seems to end up with lots and lots of starving people. Weird, that!

yeah i'm not seriously going to get into a debate on the merits of communism with you in this incredibly serious thread, just wanted to drop in and give some background on the barter theory of money since i happen to know a little bit about the topic :shrug:

• Locked thread