Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Communism good?
This poll is closed.
Yes 375 66.25%
No 191 33.75%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
A syncretism of both systems is really the only way to get the positive results that I assume we all want. Capitalism is necessary for the kind of progress in production and living standards that we are accustomed to. But it is not a perfect system in and of itself, merely a tool to achieve certain things. Then, the best parts of communism are taken to complete the system. What's ironic is that a strong social safety net and strong regulations put in place in the right locations and manner actually STRENGTHEN the capitalist system.

Just like communism, capitalism in democracy is easily corrupted by those at the top, particularly finance but also wealth accumulation in general. A strong "proletarian" class is thus necessary to balance it out.

There's a reason capitalism is essentially the "default" system of economics. It is natural to humans and naturally aligns with our sense of ownership, fairness, etc. Communism was a beautiful experiment that ended in totalitarianism in every case; I would submit that social democracy is the logical conclusion of both systems and most likely the only system that actually works and, when employed correctly, results in decent returns for people at every level.

In short, this question is loving stupid, as I'm sure the person who proposed it knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread