Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

I really liked Van Jones and Micheal Moore, but Ashley Judd was speaking Fire and everyone got excited about that. But man, that fact there wasn't a march meant so many signs will never see the light of day. Like this one sign with Trump kissing Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

i was expecting a lot of people but dang that was nuts. was it seriously 750k?

It was a shitload of people but 750,000 just seems too big. Melissa Etherige currently leading a whole-group self-affirmation.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Had about 130,000 in Seattle apparently

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Crossposting from the Democrats thread:

And look who else came out for the march today.

quote:

An estimated 7,000 people are expected to attend the Women's March in Montpelier this afternoon and thousands have already begun to pour into the capital city.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has arrived and addressed the crowd to thunderous applause.

"Too many women have fought for too many years for equal pay, for equal work; we are not going back," he told those assembled.

According to the Montpelier PD, the actual number of attendees was at least twice what Seven Days estimated.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the dumbass liberals going to these things with kgb signs are irritating but mass action is good

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sustained, grassroots action is even better!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

hope you people involved with orgs were collecting contact info from marchers

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

R. Guyovich posted:

the dumbass liberals going to these things with kgb signs are irritating but mass action is good

Lol why do they irritate you?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
maybe we'll have some good out of this in the end

maybe most people are capable of reasoning well and will fight and push for what they value

maybe america.... will be great again

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
whats a kgb sign

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

whats a kgb sign

Not much, what's a KGB sign with you?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gah ive been japed again

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mariana Horchata posted:

Ooooohhh celebritiesss

Liberals continuing the strategy that didnt win the election is pretty funny.
Also what is a womxn?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

did everyone get their check from soros for going out today?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

oh yeah im popping hell of bottles on the Illuminatis dime tonight

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

jarofpiss posted:

yeah but don't tell him that instead of going out I sat home and played video games

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
well that people are marching and protesting and nice and all but unfortunately they didn't solve all of the world's problems for everyone at once so it means they're worthless and trump won again and will always win the only answer is mass suicide sorry everyone

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

that episode of Always Sunny where they go to the abortion rally to get laid but instead they're switching between the women's march and the pro-trump counter protests

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Why is this thread not longer? What thread on SA has better coverage?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

MustelaFuro posted:

Why is this thread not longer? What thread on SA has better coverage?

it's all scattered through the trump and dem thread too

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

it's all scattered through the trump and dem thread too

Any chance for a link to the pages where it starts?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

got any sevens posted:

Liberals continuing the strategy that didnt win the election is pretty funny.
Also what is a womxn?

maddana threaten terror attacks on the white house is funny becuase if someone said that at a trump rally everyone here would have a panic attack. also a good way for trump to push a bill to make feminist as a terror group.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

Any chance for a link to the pages where it starts?

just pop in and be like "hey man those protests, how about em" and youll probably get a conversation going

dem and trump threads are forever living in the moment, on the current page

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

just pop in and be like "hey man those protests, how about em" and youll probably get a conversation going

dem and trump threads are forever living in the moment, on the current page

I'm looking for the coverage on the protests that happened today. I'm not really trying to get a discussion going.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JeffersonClay posted:

Lol why do they irritate you?

because liberals never miss a chance to mix a little anticommunism into concern over the legitimate threat to people of oppressed nations presented by a trump presidency

they have no frame of reference or understanding so play the infant's game of "trump = bad, communism = bad, therefore trump = communism"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

i was expecting a lot of people but dang that was nuts. was it seriously 750k?

from how it looked on the news that's a bit high, but not by much, like if i saw someone claiming 550,000 i'd believe it

the entire metro system was overloaded, there were people waiting hours to get on trains to downtown, maximum uber surge, the whole works

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

from how it looked on the news that's a bit high, but not by much, like if i saw someone claiming 550,000 i'd believe it

the entire metro system was overloaded, there were people waiting hours to get on trains to downtown, maximum uber surge, the whole works

i got there late and pretty much all of central DTLA around Pershing was full of protesters milling around, and Broadway was jammed solid. it was like a music festival, totally nuts.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
yeah, you can get a good sense of the size if you look at some of the areal shots from the LA Times, like this: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-womens-march-live-here-s-an-aerial-view-of-the-massive-1485036542-htmlstory.html

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/822864939161264128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
im legitimately mad that my advisor insisted on doing research this morning, so many of my friends went and it would have ruled

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

because liberals never miss a chance to mix a little anticommunism into concern over the legitimate threat to people of oppressed nations presented by a trump presidency

they have no frame of reference or understanding so play the infant's game of "trump = bad, communism = bad, therefore trump = communism"

Russia nowadays is a right wing oligarchical state that siphons money through criminal contracts to friends of a pseudo-dictator. Russia is not the place to look for communism anymore, I'd see those KGB signs less as hits on communism and more attacks on kleptocracy.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Grondoth posted:

Russia nowadays is a right wing oligarchical state that siphons money through criminal contracts to friends of a pseudo-dictator. Russia is not the place to look for communism anymore, I'd see those KGB signs less as hits on communism and more attacks on kleptocracy.

The KGB hasn't existed since the 90s

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

The KGB hasn't existed since the 90s

Yeah but who knows what the FSB is

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i think it's more just highlighting the trump/russia connection. never mind that people referencing the KGB or the USSR flag are being pretty clueless and outdated with it though

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

R. Guyovich posted:

Vladimir Putin was literally a KGB agent and he just rigged our election; in part by ratfucking dumbass communist fanboys. You fell for it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

JeffersonClay posted:

Vladimir Putin was literally a KGB agent and he just rigged our election; in part by ratfucking dumbass communist fanboys. You fell for it.

Y'all shillaries ran that dumbass campaign.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JeffersonClay posted:

what exactly did i "fall for" numbnuts

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

Vladimir Putin was literally a KGB agent and he just rigged our election

yeah that vladimir putin definitely forced the clinton campaign to not campaign in the rust belt

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

Clinton. She was really bad.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

R. Guyovich posted:

Pointing out our president has been co-opted by a former KGB agent who runs the post-USSR petro-state is not anti-communism or red baiting. Putin knew your reflexive distrust of American intelligence institutions would give him the cover he needed. It worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JeffersonClay posted:

Pointing out our president has been co-opted by a former KGB agent who runs the post-USSR petro-state is not anti-communism or red baiting. Putin knew your reflexive distrust of American intelligence institutions would give him the cover he needed. It worked.

i didn't recognize you with the new avatar lol. anyway you're still an idiot, the hammer and sickle being put on protest signs about trump is very obviously anticommunism and i highly doubt vladimir putin gives a single poo poo about american communists

• Locked thread