Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well we overpaid Jamie Collins. 4th highest paid LB in the NFL now. Everyone feel better or do we have to wait to waste a pick on a QB first?

I have no found any numbers yet. Remember when we made Paul Krueger one of the highest paid Linebackers in the game???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Flikken posted:

I have no found any numbers yet. Remember when we made Paul Krueger one of the highest paid Linebackers in the game???

4 years, $50 million, $26 million guaranteed.

Overpaying decent FAs seems like something the Browns should be doing right now, especially if it's structured such that the Browns can stay out of cap hell should they become pumpkins. That said, y'all have so much cap space it shouldn't make a difference

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

We have to get up to the floor somehow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

We have to get up to the floor somehow.

Yeah I mean, who else are you going to spend it on? Seems like a fine signing of an actually good player, which is the type of thing the Browns need more than anything.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I mean, who else are you going to spend it on? Seems like a fine signing of an actually good player, which is the type of thing the Browns need more than anything.

Depends on who you ask if Collins is good. He whiffed on some huge plays throughout the season. That may have been scheme instead of him though

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jamie Collins is good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I haven't watched a ton of Browns so I'm not very familiar with his play there but it would make sense if he missed assignments now and then. That type of thing is going to happen when you trade for someone in the middle of the season and hopefully gets figured out eventually.

Or it could be the Browns are just cursed, that's always a possibility.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He also had a history of freelancing with the Patriots

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah yeah and he had gang ties too.

What he had a real history of was being the best athlete on the Patriots defense and making incredible plays.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Best example of Jamie making GBS threads up the field was his first game where he blew coverage on Witten giving up a TD or we could go with his jogging after OBJ for 20 yards giving up yet another TD. Dude will take his 26 million and half rear end his way though the rest of his time with the Browns.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Flikken posted:

and paid him more than his replacement who was far better than him made for the ravens lmbo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Can I hire Pacman and Burfict to beat the poo poo out of Keith Butler until he relinquishes the idea of "soft zone, tackle the catch" or is that frowned upon?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Can I hire Pacman and Burfict to beat the poo poo out of Keith Butler until he relinquishes the idea of "soft zone, tackle the catch" or is that frowned upon?
You may be able to hire Pacman straight up soon.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

and paid him more than his replacement who was far better than him made for the ravens lmbo

Ray Farmer.....

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I actually think the Browns are cool and would like them to have a decent team if it wasn't for two things: 1. Josh McCown; 2. the guy whose Sundays are living hell. gently caress him and God bless

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You may be able to hire Pacman straight up soon.

Bengals can save about 7 million if they cut him now, more if they wait until after June 1.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You know how Ben limps or grabs his shoulder/wrist/ulvula after a bad throw? He's taken the Next logical step

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

You know how Ben limps or grabs his shoulder/wrist/ulvula after a bad throw? He's taken the Next logical step

Ben is using public drama to voice his displeasure with his teammates and coaches, and this is an annoying thing he has always done

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

But, we can hope for his retirement.

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ben is using public drama to voice his displeasure with his teammates and coaches, and this is an annoying thing he has always done

After the shitshow that was the AFCCG I'm not really surprised. He shouldn't forget however that Bell carried them through several regular season games and 2 playoff games in spite of Ben's idiotic turnovers.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Flikken posted:

But, we can hope for his retirement.

Ben could break both legs and still only miss three weeks so I don't think he's going to really consider retiring at age 35.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I'll believe he's retired when he's accepted a coaching position at Baylor.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ben is going to retire because he knows the Browns resurgence is coming and is scared

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's already a thread on Cinci Jungle about how the Bengals are poised to dominate the North. Maybe wait until we know if/how they're fixing the o-line?

Nov 6, 2002

Imagine a future where Ben retires, Flacco continues to regress, the Bengals roster rots - and they fire Marvin Lewis -, the Browns nail a bunch of picks and make some good free agency moves and dominate the AFC North for the next several years.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Despite 50 years of evidence to the contrary, this will be the drama that cause the Steelers organization to collapse

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Despite 50 years of evidence to the contrary, this will be the drama that cause the Steelers organization to collapse

You can have a decent organization and still be bad, at least short term. The Steelers without Ben become a pretty one-dimensional team as their defense isn't that good so it all goes on Bell's shoulders.

I, for one, am ready for Andey "The Red Rifle" Dalden to be the best QB in the AFC North.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a patagonian cavy posted:

You can have a decent organization and still be bad, at least short term. The Steelers without Ben become a pretty one-dimensional team as their defense isn't that good so it all goes on Bell's shoulders.

I, for one, am ready for Andey "The Red Rifle" Dalden to be the best QB in the AFC North.

Ben isn't retiring, buddy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This is just the next step in his semiannual radio interviews where he talks about how he's really beat up right now and TOTALLY might not play this week.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ben isn't retiring, buddy

Oh, I don't believe he will for a few more years unless he gets hurt in some way that makes it literally impossible for him to play football

Like burfict biting his hands off or something

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I predict that in the 2018-19 season new Bengals head coach (insert drastically underqualified first time coach here) will decline to resign vontaze burfict, who will end up going to play for Bruce arians and the Arizona Cardinals.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ben is a rapist and I hope he joyrides his motorbike off a cliff thank you and God bless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I predict that in the 2018-19 season new Bengals head coach (insert drastically underqualified first time coach here) will decline to resign vontaze burfict, who will end up going to play for Bruce arians and the Arizona Cardinals.

It would be a surprise to me if bruce arians and I were alive in the year of 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I wish football was a better distraction right about now...

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavauro posted:

It would be a surprise to me if bruce arians and I were alive in the year of 2018

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

My friend, let me tell you about the pleasures of The Roundball

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Eifert Posting posted:

AggressivelyStupid posted:

My friend, let me tell you about the pleasures of The Roundball

Tru

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i hope ben announces he is coming back and then gets hit by a bus like in the smash comedy film "mean girls" aka "the cincinnati bengals" (the bengals in this case are the girls)

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sorry for the mean girls spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was the smallest person in my class and also slow, but my dad made me play team basketball for 5 years. I scored four points. I will always hate basketball.

Loved playing baseball and hockey though. (You know, because the lower levels require zero athleticism).

• Locked thread