Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Mike Brown has gotten a lot better, like a serial killer who decided 4 murders a year was excessive and limited himself to one.

The one being Hamilton county, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
:smith:

Cincinnati is improving despite the stadium tax but it's depressing to think what the local govt could do without it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Hey guys just dropping in to let you guys know (as if you didn't already) that the NFC holds the best northern division in the NFL. Except the Packers you guys can have them maybe.

Thanks and cheers :cheers:.
Bengals lead all time record against the NFC North teams except the Vikings who are only one up. If that's how you deal with us then I can't imagine your records against the other good teams in the AFCN. Y'all can't hang, homie.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
cincinnati always seemed like a hell to me

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

v2vian man posted:

cincinnati always seemed like a hell to me

West side's pretty bad, I hear good things about the east side and Clifton but I lived on the faaaaaar west side so I'm glad to have moved away

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's pretty mediocre but getting better. Cincinnati was the first city to ban conversion therapy and has recently begun the process to become a sanctuary city.

It's relatively easy to get a decent job. Good craft beer and diverse cuisine. Cheap as dirt.

The suburbs are redstate hellholes though if you can't tune people out. Indian Hill and Mason will make you contemplate a murder/suicide.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Mystic Stylez posted:

except it turns out Modell was right because selling your soul to Satan might be a bad decision indeed

I can't say this enough.

After the City of Baltimore was too loving cheap to replace Memorial Stadium, (even thorough they finally agreed to replace it with Camden Yards after Colts fled).

After The State of Maryland tried to lock down the Colts via Eminent Domain, and sent them packing overnight.

WE were so bored waiting for a new NFL team we didn't deserve, we named our CFL team The CFL Colts, then Stallions, and easily won the Grey Cup.

But luckily Art's poo poo saved us from a hell of CFL and 110-yard fields.

RAVENS ARE MORE THAN BALTIMORE DESERVED TO GET, but at least now they don't take their sports teams for granted.

Also, Ravens came within a single score of sweeping the Steelers and potentially taking the North. I have high confidence that our offensive line next year could actually protect Joe, and him not *unofficially* playing injured the first half of the season would certainly help.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 4, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Move Baltimore to the east and buffalo to the north and it would be the best division.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cincinnati is full of white people therefore cannot be trusted.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
More Joe Thomas hour.

This time interviewing a Raven's player.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Joe-Thomas-Hour-Kyle-Juszczyk/afd5f0b7-75d6-4d68-b9aa-d337aa9ed133

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

they've gentrified OTR so this is even true of most of downtown, right?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

My part is way more black and Hispanic than the Midwestern average. Other parts are very Indian. The white parts are very, very white, though.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

here's a cool wallpaper i found, on google, to the fellow cincinnati bentgals fans of this thread. hope you enjoy it and stay safe

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Josh McCown cut, good bye sweet prince. We will always have have your 457 yard game against the Ravens.

Edit: I wonder if this means the RG3 experiment continues??

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just making room for Handsome Jimmy.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Just making room for Handsome Jimmy.

The last thing the Browns need is a sketchy Patriots cast-off qb considering its bereft roster. He'd get killed in our division. Hmm, on second thought...

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

I don't think the Browns are willing to give up a 1st for Jimmy G but history has shown me that I should never assume competence on the part of the Browns

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

a patagonian cavy posted:

I don't think the Browns are willing to give up a 1st for Jimmy G but history has shown me that I should never assume competence on the part of the Browns

On one hand, the Browns on the other people have been predicting Brady back up to the Browns for years. :iiam:

When was the last time the Browns have traded a high Draft pick for any player?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Flikken posted:

On one hand, the Browns on the other people have been predicting Brady back up to the Browns for years. :iiam:

When was the last time the Browns have traded a high Draft pick for any player?

Looks like when they gave up their 2008 1st to draft Brady Quinn in 2007. Not a pick-for-player trade but they're not missing 1st round picks in other recent years and I'm too lazy to go through their entire drafts for that time

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

here's a cool wallpaper i found, on google, to the fellow cincinnati bentgals fans of this thread. hope you enjoy it and stay safe

AJ Green doesn't look like that. F.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Looks like when they gave up their 2008 1st to draft Brady Quinn in 2007. Not a pick-for-player trade but they're not missing 1st round picks in other recent years and I'm too lazy to go through their entire drafts for that time

they did the same thing to get johnny football a couple years later

it's been a long time since they traded a pick for a player but then the front office is entirely new since end of 2015 season so their history is meaningless

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

v2vian man posted:

they did the same thing to get johnny football a couple years later

it's been a long time since they traded a pick for a player but then the front office is entirely new since end of 2015 season so their history is meaningless

I thought that was trade fuckery with the pick they got from the colts for Richardson, so they didn't really trade out of the 1st round and still had two that year

Not that it ended well lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tell You what. when it comes to people openly lmaoing someone else's team, i feel nothing but sympathy for those who do it. terrible upbringing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I thought that was trade fuckery with the pick they got from the colts for Richardson, so they didn't really trade out of the 1st round and still had two that year

Not that it ended well lmao

It was trade fuckery. Technically we traded up for Gilbert after trading back too.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Joe Flacco is the most handsome man in the NFL football league

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Oberst posted:

Joe Flacco is the most handsome man in the NFL football league

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
http://imgur.com/8Z6atjn?r.gif

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Greetings friends, just learned this place existed. gently caress you all.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

swickles posted:

this place as in this thread or this place as in the Rust Belt?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

swickles posted:

Hello friend! Won't you stay awhile?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

OK, so this is off the wall, and maybe I just spent too much time in the sun over the long, crazy-warm holiday weekend, but I've found myself thinking the Ravens' collection of tight ends would make a pretty good reality TV show.

For interesting stories and compelling narrative, you could do a lot worse than "Real Tight Ends of Baltimore."

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Maxxxxxxxxx

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bengals should trade for Romo.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Godspeed Baby Hawk!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That is a bullshit cop out. No one rides around with that much on them if he isn't selling it. You can take the thug out the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out the thug.

THis guy is a 1st round NFL draft pick who has earned millions of dollars. If this bum cant make ends meet without selling drugs or even doing drugs until his short NFL career is over well he deserves to lose everything and I hope he does.

He has been 1 player I have always had a genuine dislike for. Never liked him as player and now yet another black eye for th team.

Think about this for a minute.
If Trent Richardson was still on the roster that would make 2 Ravens players arrested within a week span!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

That is a bullshit cop out. No one rides around with that much on them if he isn't selling it. You can take the thug out the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out the thug.

THis guy is a 1st round NFL draft pick who has earned millions of dollars. If this bum cant make ends meet without selling drugs or even doing drugs until his short NFL career is over well he deserves to lose everything and I hope he does.

He has been 1 player I have always had a genuine dislike for. Never liked him as player and now yet another black eye for th team.

Think about this for a minute.
If Trent Richardson was still on the roster that would make 2 Ravens players arrested within a week span!

Source your quotes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Source your quotes

Russellstreetreport.com

He got shut down in the next post anyway -

Elam grew up and went to high school in Palm Beach Gardens, one of the most affluent counties in the America, home to more golf course per capita than anywhere in the country. Yet you assume that he's from the ghetto why?

No need to answer. Your use of the label "thug" along with your inaccurate assumption tells many of us the answer already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Flikken posted:

Godspeed Baby Hawk!
Baby Hawk owns.

• Locked thread