Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That is a bullshit cop out. No one rides around with that much on them if he isn't selling it. You can take the thug out the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out the thug.

THis guy is a 1st round NFL draft pick who has earned millions of dollars. If this bum cant make ends meet without selling drugs or even doing drugs until his short NFL career is over well he deserves to lose everything and I hope he does.

He has been 1 player I have always had a genuine dislike for. Never liked him as player and now yet another black eye for th team.

Think about this for a minute.
If Trent Richardson was still on the roster that would make 2 Ravens players arrested within a week span!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Source your quotes

Russellstreetreport.com

He got shut down in the next post anyway -

Elam grew up and went to high school in Palm Beach Gardens, one of the most affluent counties in the America, home to more golf course per capita than anywhere in the country. Yet you assume that he's from the ghetto why?

No need to answer. Your use of the label "thug" along with your inaccurate assumption tells many of us the answer already.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Alshon Jeffery feels like an Ozzie special.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

AB gets $18 mil for 2 years, $17 mil for 3 after.

Ok nevermind maybe not

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 27, 2017

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

lol Elam grew up in Riviera not Gardens

And he drat sure was raised in the hood. His sister and older brother were killed in gang violence

It's why his older brother is so involved with his charity....about gang violence

Hmm siding with the racist guy huh :colbert:

e: since I don't post much I'm going to clarify that I'm being sarcastic, Matt Elam has never been good enough for me to care where he's from

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

thought of this: fart motel

:vince:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Weddle is the new secret GM of the Ravens.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kenneth Dixon got a 4 game suspension for PEDs, rip

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wonder how brent musburger feels about all this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I might look at the Ravens football game tonight, more to see if Cutler plays then anything the Ravens can possibly do.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pulchritudinous posted:

I don't know what it is, but for whatever reason, they play...not good against them. :iiam:

I was watching the Jags game a few years ago with a Bills fan and another Ravens fan and by the 2 quarter we were both insisting that we were 100% going to lose that game and the Bills guy just wouldn't believe us.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Baltimore sucking against the Jags is a callback to the old AFC Central. They went 12-4 in 2011 and lost to a garbage Seahawks team and the worse Jaguars.

I suspect that the one I was talking about. Later I was walking into a 7-11 and a guy was walking out past me, we were both wearing Ravens gear, our eyes met briefly and we both just shook our heads.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

&.....e?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

The 2017 Ravens: Greatest Team Of All Time

We're going to win 19 games and shut out everyone

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrance West: the leagues first 4000 yard rusher

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

tyler eifert ignorantly jacking it to pat tillman for all the wrong reasons is the last straw. i've become a fan of the ravens, steelers, and browns in real life but will continue to 'cosplay' as a bengals user for my hardened dedication to roleplaying

Welcome friend

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Luckily there's an unsigned qb out there if Flacco turns out to be crippled

JFF

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

As they celebrate 50 years with their tagline "we're not just the 2017 Bengals we're every Bengals team" these first couple games have felt like a comforting nostalgia blanket. Yes, this is what being a Bengal's fan is supposed to feel like.

Yeah the Ravens playing D and running the ball 70 times a game with a qb who can't throw is kid of giving me the warm and fuzzies too

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

Marshal Yanda out for the season

well he was the one thing holding the offense together, rip

doesn't he do the line calls lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrance West has a "soft tissue injury" because sure why not.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

pic of joe with the ravens OL post-yanda injury

Somehow still better then Seattle.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm actually a Chiefs fan

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This may be the least excited I've ever been for a Ravens-Steelers game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Gotta admit that the Ravens coaches turning that pile of corrupted flesh into a respectable O-line is drat impressive. Still think we might get beat by the Bengals.

I'm entirely torn between giving them credit for somehow making this a respectable season and also wanting them gone (Oz and company) for having us in a position to be this broken in the first place. However I'm starting to lean toward the rumors of Joe's back finally being right and that's why they've been opening things up the last few weeks and he's playing decently, especially considering what he's working with. I was Full Kawalimus like 5 weeks ago but I think they've bought themselves another year, although I still think it's time for Oz to hang em up and see what DeCosta has.

Even when they're actually good the Ravens love to play down to their opponents so I could see a flukey loss to a Bengals team that's being kept alive by an iron lung.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens gonna lose

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think the saddest part is I felt nothing but mild amusement.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't know why anyone thought it was preordained that the Ravens would win (optimism is fine but I know people who are genuinely shocked by this). It felt like a classic Ravens let down game the whole week...a 6-9 team vs a 9-6 team who just got pushed by the loving colts last week, a division rival we always have problems with, "Marvin's last game against the team he won a super bowl with" for the emotional aspect...I thought we'd win because of being at home but that's offset by the 10 degrees outside, new years eve, team is boring af to watch anyway leading to the stadium being half full (correct me if I'm wrong but it looked that way on tv).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have eagerly awaited the great removal of the Ben for years now

:same:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Breshard Perriman was the worst ranked receiver in 2017 by PFF.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the afc north thread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberst posted:

Suggs better hofer

Ring
Playoff wins
Dpoty
Respect of the league
Fought through season ending injuries

Joe thomas is a quitter who gave up at the first sign of physical adversity

/

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What in sam hill is going on in this thread

Why is Terell Suggs with the walking dead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk, he just started posting in every thread a week or 2 ago, so I'm guessing it's a shameful re-reg. Possibly parmesan basil judging by the insufferable way it posts

The outrage is spot on but I feel like parm has been around the block enough here not to bite that easily. Imagine arguing with oberst.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberst posted:

This game triggers me more than any other

06 vs colts is the only thing even close

I kicked a dent in my truck after that Colts game.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I guess if we're doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZoDDYkoKi4

There's an afcn discord channel?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

It's for all of SAS but has a lot of TFF users. Just don't be a thin-skinned insecure baby who needs to be swaddled and you'll be fine.

Yeah I've been there since launch day; I wasn't sure if I was misreading that there was a dedicated afcn channel

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How tf are you gonna leave Hines Ward off that list? Love to hate that guy

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberst posted:

I forgot btrxvause I habe cye

Hell, same.

Here's my favorite Bengals play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1N5NYyb24

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011