Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You guys do know the Titans aren't actually real right? It's just an old Greek myth about a team that was 1 yard away from winning the Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Roasted Donut posted:

the browns are cool, the steelers are the best, the ravens are admirable, the bengals are loving poo poo

I can't stand the way you aren't fill with pure hatred for the Ravens the way I am for the Steelers. But of course, we're all waving terrible towels tomorrow.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Still a forums babe, this is my first division thread. It does not disappoint.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

have you considered the following alternative facts: the bengals have won the past two super bowls and will win this one

I've complied relevant crowd size analysis of the greater Cincinnati area that proves the Bengals in fact, ain't poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ricky Wagner is in the Osmele boat. Good player, impossible to give them that much. The Ravens seem to believe you should pay only the truly irreplaceable.
Also, they've had dead money tied up in Pitta, Nagta, Rice, Webb, J.Smith and other bad situations the past few years so there isn't too much to go around.

Edit: Case in point, Eugene Monroe is currently counting 4.5 million against the cap. He's part of 10 million in dead money.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 9, 2017

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Weddle couldn't gang tackle AB at the goal line for the division title, so there's that

With Mosley, our other best defensive player.

:(

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Kenneth Dixon got a 4 game suspension for PEDs, rip

You'd think with Harbaugh's youth pastor vibe he wouldn't be handing out "adderall" left and right.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens will draft their first star WR unlocking Joe's ELITE potential resulting in an MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and undefeated season.

I miss having good WRs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Most. If a coach has buy in a high draft pick that player needs to gently caress up continuously in order to see a bench. When the higher draft pick isn't even bad, just a bit worse than someone else they can be drat near impossible to dislodge.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
All Watts are just Trump cocoons, the Bengals are overflowing with He-man woman beaters (even for this division), and Ryan Mallet is going to rise like a meth addled messianic phoenix from the ash like corpses of the Ravens *adopts PFF nerd voice "Good football players".

Kizer and Garrett seem alright.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Flacco's back from his back injury and a year removed his ACL tear. According to science recovering from these type of injuries should raise his QB power levels to PeyPey tier. That said I can not yet confirm the rumor that he has been playing in weighted pads for the past 10 years in order to make playing against the AFC North a greater challenge.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baltimore sucking against the Jags is a callback to the old AFC Central. They went 12-4 in 2011 and lost to a garbage Seahawks team and the worse Jaguars.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
With a new QB and a 1st overall pick Browns fans are getting all feisty. Worry not, you still have a spot reserved in the AFC North basement.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Your undefeated Baltimore Ravens are looking a little less invincible in the cold light of Texans@Bengals. At least they have those 6 guaranteed wins from playing all you bozos. That should see Baltimore comfortably to an 8-8 season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Weird that you recall a close playoff determined by one play because I remember a game in which the Steelers lost by two touchdowns and never really threatened to win.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm willing to say that the Steelers excellent WR picks and development aren't luck based but if they had an inkling that Brown could be who he became there is no way Pittsburgh waits until the 6th round to grab him. They were smart to pay him over Mike Wallace when most of the league thought that would be dumb, so that deserves real props.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've enjoyed the rock paper scissors dynamic of recent years with Steelers beat Bengals, Bengals beat Ravens, Ravens beat Steelers, Everyone beats Browns.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was that the time the Steelers were down 21-3 at half, and came back to essentially win the game on a 3rd and 18 with about minute left, and Ben threw a 65 yard pass to AB that he caught on his helmet during his rookie season?

There's been so many

I was so excited for the Steelers to pay Mike Wallace and let Brown walk exclusively because of that play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A very reasonable proposal.

The beloved Baltimore Ravens are still undefeated against their awful, no good, quite bad, AFC North contemporaries. That turnover ratio is super unsustainable but I'm all in on this super lucky defense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was my understanding.

So these are the guys Baltimore lost for the year thus far off the top of my head:

Marshal Yanda G
John Urscle G/C
Alex Lewis G

Nico Sarigusa G
Bam Bradley LB
Tavon Young CB
Maurice Canady CB
Danny Woodhead RB
Kenneth Dickson RB

Tim White WR
Crocket Gillmore TE
Dennis Pitta TE
Darren Waller TE

Everyone bolded would have been a starter or been guaranteed significant playing time. 13 seems like a whole lot of players to be down by week 3 and I still can' t help but feel I'm missing some one up there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

im really proud that andy dalton with 14 seconds to go on a tie game, forgoing the attempt to take a shot to get into field goal range for the win, and took a knee in protest to take the game into overtime against the packers

The Ravens are such dedicated social activists that the entire team took a knee for 4 quarters in London. Jaguars were so touched they scored a touch down on themselves to prevent the shut out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At last year's Steelers@Ravens game I saw a woman wearing a Roethlisberger jersey and a MAGA hat. So I turn to my Father and say "Look Dad, it's the worst person in the world." We laughed and laughed and laughed. Today I had a 30 minute conversation with my Dad trying to understand his frustration with the players kneeling during the National Anthem. The distilled version is that he isn't watching Football to be proselytized to so if the players want to make a statement they should buy ad time like anyone else. Also, if NFL players are allowed to make political statements via simple gestures it would only be fair to let Nazis, members of Isis, and every other monster in the world have their say before each game as well. Therefore no one should ever protest in anyway that might be visible.

Say what you will of 2016 but I liked it a hell of a lot better than 2017.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Harbaugh proving himself to be a galactic brained super genius. Everyone worth killing on the Ravens is already dead.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Are there any clock towers overlooking the Steelers practice facility? Asking for a friend.

She wants to remember the precise second her eyes perceive the eminent visage of Antonio Brown, god's perfect creation blessed with the inimitable ability to push dudes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Gotta admit that the Ravens coaches turning that pile of corrupted flesh into a respectable O-line is drat impressive. Still think we might get beat by the Bengals.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I know this and stand by my statement.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They did. They lost. It was sad.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Oberst posted:

I'm glad Joe thomas never accomplished anything of note in the nfl

:same:

It would have tainted his beautiful legacy to win a Superbowl with the Pats one year or some other lovely thing like that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Oberst posted:

Afcn facts

Suggs did nothing wrong
Ben did nothingt wrong
Harrison did nothing wrong

Burdick didn nothing wrong
Joe thomas Iis a Barry sanders style quitter

What the gently caress is this poo poo?!?

That's not okay.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ob, how can you say this poo poo when there is video evidence that Ben is a rapist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6mxtgWlmzY

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Get hosed. If I can keep myself from liking Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown some consistently good Tackle that happens to be a fine human being isn't going to break my hate streak.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's a shame the Ravens will waste Lamar Jackson's career by keeping up their proud tradition of RB by anonymous committee, cast-off WRs and endless 1st round TE busts

Cast-off WRs for sure but the last 1st round TE in Baltimore was Todd Heap and he kind of worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Optimistic. More likely the Bengals go 4-12 sweeping the Ravens and Browns.

• Locked thread