Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Great win tonight for the AFC East!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really can't wait for Tom Brady to retire op

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

a patagonian cavy posted:

it's goddamn wild that only Brady tearing his ACL prevented a 13 year stretch of the Patriots winning the AFC East.
They still tied for the division in both 2002 and 2008, just lost on tiebreakers both times.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They still tied for the division in both 2002 and 2008, just lost on tiebreakers both times.

Also in 2008, they were 11-5 and it was a 3 way tie if I remember correctly.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Great win tonight for the AFC East!!!!!

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Maybe Brady retires now

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Maybe Brady retires now

lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let's post some ideas about how to stop tom Brady :

kill him
tonya harding bodyguard situation
trick him into eating gluten
???

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Hmm, I think this needs a cool update.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

let's post some ideas about how to stop tom Brady :

kill him
tonya harding bodyguard situation
trick him into eating gluten
???

Lock him in a room with nightshade veggies

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hmm, I think this needs a cool update.

It needs a bunch of *'s too. For their cheating.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lock him in a room with nightshade veggies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy0fTFpqT48

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Just want to congratulate everyone in the AFC East to be in the division that has won the most (4) Super Bowls since the 2002 realignment. This wouldn't be possible without the Jets, Bills and Dolphins functioning as our version of the Washington Generals.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

Just want to congratulate everyone in the AFC East to be in the division that has won the most (4) Super Bowls since the 2002 realignment. This wouldn't be possible without the Jets, Bills and Dolphins functioning as our version of the Washington Generals.

lol if you think that avatar is going to last

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ehud posted:

lol if you think I bought it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GaussianCopula posted:

lol if you think I bought it.

lol

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Chad Pennington is Patriots kryptonite and therefore a true American hero.

Always had a ton of respect for Pennington, dude was tough as nails. I remember a Jets-Pats game in Jersey where he got injured during a play and tried to drag himself to the sideline afterward so as not to cost his team a timeout, to a unbelievably loud chorus of booing from the hideous Jet fans. A drat shame how he got treated there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The_Raven posted:

Always had a ton of respect for Pennington, dude was tough as nails. I remember a Jets-Pats game in Jersey where he got injured during a play and tried to drag himself to the sideline afterward so as not to cost his team a timeout, to a unbelievably loud chorus of booing from the hideous Jet fans. A drat shame how he got treated there.

Jesus. Reading his wikipedia page almost every single year is some new horrible injury. Guy seems like he was crazy unlucky.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Early in his career he hosed up his shoulder and lost all his arm strength, and basically because of that he'd play himself into more injuries. He was a really talented, incredibly accurate QB who just basically took hits like Ryan Fitzpatrick without the ability to sustain them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Even in his prime though his arm strength was a major issue. The Raider game in the 2002 playoffs was hard to watch him throwing floater after floater when they they were playing 9 in the box.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ehud posted:

Have you heard from your awesome former coworker yet? I want fist bump him in front of you :D

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Have you heard from your awesome former coworker yet? I want fist bump him in front of you :D

Fist bump his face instead pls.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Chad Pennington was robbed of the MVP award in 2008.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The p really should stand for "Pennington"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can't wait for tom brady's big reveal of all the ways he cheated in about 20 years when he's broke and needs money to fight a court case or score blow

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Real hurthling! posted:

can't wait for tom brady's big reveal of all the ways he cheated in about 20 years when he's broke and needs money to fight a court case or score blow

Tom has his Sugar Mama, he won't be broke.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins schedule for 2017

Home opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Oakland (12-4), New Orleans (7-9) (in London), Tampa Bay (9-7), Denver (9-7), Tennessee (9-7)
Away opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Atlanta (11-5), *Kansas City (12-4), Baltimore (8-8), Carolina (6-10), Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)

We are absolutely completely super mega turbofucked next year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Home opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Oakland (12-4), New Orleans (7-9) (in London), Tampa Bay (9-7), Denver (9-7), Tennessee (9-7)
Away opponents: *New England (14-2), Buffalo (7-9), New York Jets (5-11), *Atlanta (11-5), *Kansas City (12-4), Baltimore (8-8), Carolina (6-10), Los Angeles Chargers (5-11)

teams you think will be good won't be and vice versa

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If the Patriots went 2-14 well...that would be kewl

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

teams you think will be good won't be and vice versa

Like the Dolphins! :haw:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Dolphins will be a better team with a worse record IMO

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gotta waste a home game in London just so Steve Ross can get his hard rock stadium superbowl bid. Season is already over IMO because of this move.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
next season Tommy finishes what he started....19-0 with a super bowl win over the giants

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Turdsdown Tom posted:

next season Tommy finishes what he started....19-0 with a super bowl win over the giants

blitz for six

Nov 6, 2002

One Morer

tehchekt
May 7, 2007
something cool and profound
NFL Network is replaying all Pats SBs today. LI just started...anyone watch an? I caught end of 36, 1st half of 39, end of 49

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

tarbrush posted:

This isn't a lot to complain about.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
What a winning smile :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

• Locked thread