Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I find it funny when AFCE players (the latest being Stephon Gilmore) express "surprise" when other AFCE teams immediately go and sign them. This has literally been going on since the 1960s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

pasaluki posted:

I find it funny when AFCE players (the latest being Stephon Gilmore) express "surprise" when other AFCE teams immediately go and sign them. This has literally been going on since the 1960s

It happens in every division because you can evaluate a guy much better if you play against him twice every season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://youtu.be/qCsdu13E590

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Lol. What stage of Bills fandom is that and how do I get there asap? I'm still stuck between frustration and indifference.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

It's funny because it's true

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Then I looked, and I heard a single eagle crying loudly as it flew through the air, "Terror, terror, terror to all who belong to this world because of what will happen when the last three angels blow their trumpets."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fuckin' got 'em, AFCe bros

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

nooooooo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurke_SI/status/858383976586768384

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diva Cupcake posted:

fuckin' got 'em, AFCe bros

Never seen that happen before lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i accidently clicked on TFF today for the first time since winter so i guess this means its time to start preparing myself to watch jets games for another year

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Real hurthling! posted:

i accidently clicked on TFF today for the first time since winter so i guess this means its time to start preparing myself to watch jets games for another year

No, don't. It's not worth it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magnetic North posted:

The shame is free and private when you watch from home

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Real hurthling! posted:

Week 1 will should be a stiff test: will the Jets take the lead for the basement, or can the Bills poo poo the bed bad enough to start 0-1?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Can't wait to see which AFC East team has an impressive 8-8 season only to fall to 4-12 the next year. My money is on the Bills.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Can't wait to see which AFC East team has an impressive 8-8 season only to fall to 4-12 the next year. My money is on the Bills.

It's the Jets because their fans are doing the "tank for Sam" thing and going 8-8 is going to be very agonizing for them. Maybe they even go 1-7 first and than 7-1 losing the last game and thereby their playoff chances to the Patriots, who are playing Jacoby Brissett in the second half because they already have the #1 seed locked up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think the jets should play hard and win games every year because they will just ruin and discard whatever qb they draft if they do have a kotite caliber season

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Funny thing: it's similar as a Pats fan. I have to watch at home as well, but not because of Geno Smith, but because of the waves of overwhelming shame I feel from sharing a fanbase with these terrible, terrible people.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Magnetic North posted:

Funny thing: it's similar as a Pats fan. I have to watch at home as well, but not because of Geno Smith, but because of the waves of overwhelming shame I feel from sharing a fanbase with these terrible, terrible people.

gently caress that life's too short to be existentially embarrassed about liking a football team

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

What if you like psu

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Phobeste posted:

gently caress that life's too short to be existentially embarrassed about liking a football team

Explains Patriots' fans lack of shame.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

fsif posted:

Explains Patriots' fans lack of shame.

Exactly. Never gonna apologize for liking the Patriots

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Why are you embarrassed by being a staten islander then?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

What if you like psu

Seppuku.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Phobeste posted:

Exactly. Never gonna apologize for liking the Patriots

I am not ashamed of being a Pats fan. I am ashamed of Pats fans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Magnetic North posted:

It's actually fine when you expect nothing. I'm gonna actually be upset when they win games this year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
NE 14-2
Miami 10-6
Buffalo 7-9
Jets 4-12

Lol watch Miami and NY switch places in this guess

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

NE 14-2
Miami 10-6
Buffalo 7-9
Jets 4-12

Lol watch Miami and NY switch places in this guess

I just can't see how the Jets will be anything but a train wreck this year. McCown is going to get hurt three quarters into the season and they'll ride the Hackenberg/Petty express all the way to the #1 pick.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I just can't see how the Jets will be anything but a train wreck this year. McCown is going to get hurt three quarters into the season first game and they'll ride the Hackenberg/Petty express all the way to the #1 pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I just can't see how the Jets will be anything but a train wreck this year. McCown is going to get hurt three quarters into the season and they'll ride the Hackenberg/Petty express all the way to the #1 pick.

That's where I'm at. They are missing some crucial pieces but theyve still got solid talent

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hackenberg wins starting gig in preseason
Jets go 8-8, above and beyond all expectations
Franchise QB articles written about Hack
Jets draft another DL in round 1
Go 4-12

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

That's where I'm at. They are missing some crucial pieces but theyve still got solid talent

Not counting rookies, they really don't have any talent anywhere but on the DL and 2 of those guys are big question marks coming off of really bad years. It's probably the worst roster in the NFL.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Not counting rookies, they really don't have any talent anywhere but on the DL and 2 of those guys are big question marks coming off of really bad years. It's probably the worst roster in the NFL.

You guys cut a lot of names I was thinking of, and I'm used to you guys having pure stud Dlines.

I'm shocked. They've been decimated. Wtf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The jets will win 5 games somehow and against better judgement

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Christian Hackenberg is feeling more "comfortable" this year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

An under discussed possibility for the Jets: they lose enough games and get one of the draft's top quarterbacks, quarterback then goes on to bust.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They will draft a kid with few college starts and a tiny amount of passes and tout his accuracy and mindset

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

You guys cut a lot of names I was thinking of, and I'm used to you guys having pure stud Dlines.

I'm shocked. They've been decimated. Wtf

This was the right thing to do. They are much better off tearing it down than winning 6-7 games with vets on their last legs. There was no path toward being competitive in 2017.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Jets will never take a QB with a high draft pick. They'll just draft the Geno Smiths and Christian Hackenbergs of the world in the second round every few years ensuring the cycle continues in perpetuity.

• Locked thread