Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ehud posted:

imagine a boot with a hole worn in the sole...

Is it a men's ugg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

We are 2 days away from the Buffalo Bills leading the division for the first time in forever.

Thank you Kansas City.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I don't care how lame sour grapes are, it's all I have as a Bills fan--I would like to point out that, after six months of "omg look at all these great players the pats stole from the Bills" commentary from idiot NFL pundits, which culminated in Al Michaels's lovely comment, none of those players did anything of positive consequence* last night

*I don't think three one-yard touchdown runs in a losing effort counts as "anything of positive consequence," especially when the same player got stuffed on two 4th down runs when the game was on the line

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/890625226693685248

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The second you put that logo on your body you just magically become a piece of poo poo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

I usually do not care about the AFCE, but this tweet alone makes me want to root for the Bills to win the division this year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The jets will somehow beat the bills sunday in an unwatchable game and its gonna be funny

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

The jets will somehow beat the bills sunday in an unwatchable game and its gonna be funny

This, except the Bills will win

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Real hurthling! posted:

If the Jets beat the Bills, the Bills need to just straight up start tanking immediately...which may be their plan anyway. It's hard to know with them.

The Bills are going to be so poo poo this year...

Even I can see it. The Bills are a potemkin village. They have no depth at several critical positions and their starters are held together only by DETERMINATION and chewing gum.

If a player named LeSean McCoy is not healthy the Bills are....like...cosmically hosed.

His backups are 2 fullbacks and a scrub. Since the team has 2 fullbacks in the year of our Lord 2017, my expectations are that they will run the poo poo out of the ball. So McCoy outside of miraculous probability is going to be injured. Maybe if we had another decent running back after McCoy on a run-first team that might be a good idea. Instead we tendered that player for a 5th rounder and let him go to our division rivals.

But we have the best...fullbacks...ever!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A part of me hopes the Jets & Bills game ends in a tie just so the Pats can be solely in last place.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Zerilan posted:

I usually do not care about the AFCE, but this tweet alone makes me want to root for the Bills to win the division this year.

Also Gilmore was the one who got clowned on Hill's long TD, which isn't a great look in your debut after an offseason of poo poo talking.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 10, 2017

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Android Apocalypse posted:

A part of me hopes the Jets & Bills game ends in a tie just so the Pats can be solely in last place.

As long as we're dreaming, I want it to end 4-4 with two safeties each.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Bills, Bitch.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
1st muuufuckin place!
Lesean McCoy is Soo cool! He's even cooler than your teams favorite players.
#BendtheKnee

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Eat poo poo AFC East

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sheen Sheen posted:

Eat poo poo AFC East

The Pats got their asses reamed in Primetime. The Dolphins couldn't play their game because their city is literally being destroyed right now. The Jets successfully took the first step toward an intentional 0-16 season. The Bills are in first place.

Confirmed, AFC East ate a huge poo poo sandwich this week

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Toughest division in football right here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is no way a good coach like Sean Payton or one of the hot college coaches comes to the Jets OTHER THAN if Darnold comes with the job. That is why they have to go 0-16.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They're winning 2-4

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

There is no way a good coach like Sean Payton or one of the hot college coaches comes to the Jets OTHER THAN if Darnold comes with the job. That is why they have to go 0-16.

If Gase goes below 8-8 people want him fired Bc it's his fault Tannehill didn't get surgery

These are genuine opinions on finheaven

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They're winning 2-4

Who are they beating other than the Browns maybe? The Bills at home? That is 2. I can't see any more than that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Who are they beating other than the Browns maybe? The Bills at home? That is 2. I can't see any more than that.

A split with the Dolphins is possible, never count out the Chargers to lose a game they should win

My favorite part of their WYTS this year is the truest part: they're the Jets. They'll always do worse than you think. What's worse than getting 0-16 when it'd benefit you most is winning just enough games to not have the #1 pick, which is exactly why it's going to happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The team will suck until the johnsons sell dont get hopes up for next year.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

they're the jets, normally they find a way to lose but when losing is winning and winning is losing, they will find a way to win. not a lot, just enough to gently caress themselves over.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

A split with the Dolphins is possible, never count out the Chargers to lose a game they should win

My favorite part of their WYTS this year is the truest part: they're the Jets. They'll always do worse than you think. What's worse than getting 0-16 when it'd benefit you most is winning just enough games to not have the #1 pick, which is exactly why it's going to happen

They are gonna start Hackenberg too at some point and he has even less of a chance of lucking into a win than McCown does.

Real hurthling! posted:

The team will suck until the johnsons sell dont get hopes up for next year.

There are lots of moronic owners who luck into a good team. It's possible that they actually do get a QB next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theyre like incapable of staffing a competent office.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Theyre like incapable of staffing a competent office.

They basically hire people to tell them who to hire. It's not impossible that next time they hire someone competent, especially if a no brainier guy like a Sean Payton is available.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats true

Nov 6, 2002

Until Sean tells them which DC to hire.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no way Bob Kraft is any smarter than Woody Johnson. He just hired the right coach and lucked into a qb.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There is no way Bob Kraft is any smarter than Woody Johnson. He just hired the right coach and lucked into a qb.
Well Kraft is an accomplished businessman whereas Woody inherited $2 billion, managed to not lose it, and flips $100m penthouses for fun and profit.

I see 2 potentially winnable games on the Jets schedule this year, home v Bills and home v Jags. Anything else is just pure dumb luck.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean, it's the NFL. There's no reason to think that things can't go horribly awry for like the Bucs or the Saints late in the season and New York can steal one.

But that said, I think three wins is their ceiling and they're considerably more likely to go 0–16 than win four.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well Kraft is an accomplished businessman whereas Woody inherited $2 billion, managed to not lose it, and flips $100m penthouses for fun and profit.

I see 2 potentially winnable games on the Jets schedule this year, home v Bills and home v Jags. Anything else is just pure dumb luck.

You forget the Browns game.

They are gonna have Hack in there by the next bills game.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

he does the two things that an owner needs to do to be a good owner: (a) hired the right coach (and GM) and (b) stayed the gently caress out of all decisions beyond those two and let the competent people he hired run the thing instead of sticking his fingers in repeatedly

you would think (b) would be easy but somehow a lot of owners find it difficult

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

he does the two things that an owner needs to do to be a good owner: (a) hired the right coach (and GM) and (b) stayed the gently caress out of all decisions beyond those two and let the competent people he hired run the thing instead of sticking his fingers in repeatedly

you would think (b) would be easy but somehow a lot of owners find it difficult

Trust me, if his Coach/GM didn't win he wouldn't stat out of it. It's easy to leave a guy alone who wins.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Trust me, if his Coach/GM didn't win he wouldn't stat out of it. It's easy to leave a guy alone who wins.

uh tell that to jed york

or hell, tell it to jerry jones

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

uh tell that to jed york

or hell, tell it to jerry jones

Jed is just an extraordinary idiot. And the Cowboys are pretty well run.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Jed is just an extraordinary idiot. And the Cowboys are pretty well run.

jerry jones fired the guy who won him two super bowls because he was mad the coach was getting credit instead of jerry jones and the cowboys were stunningly mediocre for a long time as a result (despite the one super bowl they won with the departing coach's team that jerry took credit for)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

jerry jones fired the guy who won him two super bowls because he was mad the coach was getting credit instead of jerry jones and the cowboys were stunningly mediocre for a long time as a result (despite the one super bowl they won with the departing coach's team that jerry took credit for)

I'd take that for the rest of my life.

• Locked thread