Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

Landry wasnt very highly paid. And, we'll never know what his contract could have been if they had simply negotiated a long term deal after the 2016 season. The ludicrous amount he was set to make in 18 was due to the move to franchise tag him. As for his talent, again, hard to say. When his average target puts him in traffic and he only gets downfield targets in the pro bowl, that may be more a failure of scheme. Letting your best players go because they cost tooo much makes good fiscal sense, but it's real hard to argue the team got better.

Oh yeah, they're definitely not better, and they absolutely should have paid Landry after 2016, but they deserve a small amount of credit for taking hard decisions to get out of cap hell.

Watch them give Tannehill an eleventy billion dollar extension...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It is mildly hilarious watching them convince themselves this is their year while the patriots dynasty points and laughs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

My view is, it's fine to view Landry as not being worth what he wanted, but I don't get replacing him with Amendola and that Chiefs guy. Not that they aren't fine #2 / #3 options, but they're paying them almost what Landry's making, and they gave them an odd amount of guaranteed money, pretty much keeping Amendola for 2 and the other guy for 3 years.

Dolphins are still idiots, water still wet.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I figure Osweiler is a break glass in case of tanking QB.

Tannehill should be fine, it was just an ACL and he's had plenty of time to rehab it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

me speaking to your avatar :

thanks again for Dante culpepper over drew Brees you short little rear end in a top hat!!!

We'd have ruined Brees like we ruin everything.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Raku posted:

are y'all trying to get me to post pictures of his lake castle

i mean I've GOT some

Still in Alabama

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Good thing we got rid of our best receiver so we could pay $27m for *checks notes* Bobby/Brice McCain

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Repressed homoeroticism in football is the best.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Tony Sparano just died :saddowns: He was never the perfect coach, but he did give us on of the few unambiguously enjoyable seasons in recent memory

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins gonna be mediocre. Again.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

Parker is the type of guy who could go somewhere else and make you look dumb.

The current worst part of being a Dolphins fan is that this is true of basically everyone.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
loving Dion Jordan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
We just need to bring back Coach Muscles. We'd still be poo poo, but our coach would have massive guns.

• Locked thread