Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Do the Dolphins have any connection with Trump? Rex openly supported him when he was still the Bills HC, Brady apparently has him on speed dial, and Woody Johnson is going to be his ambassador to the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I just can't see how the Jets will be anything but a train wreck this year. McCown is going to get hurt three quarters into the season first game and they'll ride the Hackenberg/Petty express all the way to the #1 pick.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

They would waste them anyway

Jets are ok with first round picks, it's the second round picks we should be treating as worthless.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Jets are the worst team I've ever seen with a winning record this far in the season. They can barely beat the Browns and Jaguars with basically everything going their way.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Tom brady screaming "total bullshit" on tv forever

He's so angry that the bullshit calls didn't start coming in for a whole quarter.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I've been watching this profoundly evil franchise have games gifted to them for the majority of my life. I'm almost numb to it... Almost.

This one is bad enough that it broke through and I am extremely angry irl.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Like, I know the Patriots effectively start every game with 7 points to a phantom DPI, but this was way over the top.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah wow it sounds like the Jets didn't deserve to win when you take out all the parts where they did something right and ignore the parts where the refs either nullified their achievements or handed the Patriots free points. You've made a compelling argument that the Jets would have lost this game anyway and in fact earned the blatantly incorrect officiating that directly lead to their loss.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Let's just make it as hard as possible to get into a rhythm and actually loving learn something. Practice works best when you can retry the thing you failed at immediately, not when you have to wait every single time you gently caress up. Not all forms of competition are good. It's also made so that you get taken out right at the best possible time to learn, right after you make a mistake.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

What an absolute gag and screw job at the same time. Time to play Petty and lose the rest.

Also, they should fire Bowles. I don't give a poo poo if they play hard. Enough with these gag jobs and penalties.

They play hard until the exact moment they could get a tough win, then they stop giving a gently caress, it's amazing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The team is absolutely winning in spite of Bowles, not because they're so extremely talented but because they've played some extremely terrible teams. Their wins are against the Browns and Jaguars with splits against the Bills and Dolphins. The Jaguars are the only remotely legitimate team on that list and they have Blake loving Bortles at QB.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets game owned today even though it hurt their draft position. Not that it matters much since they'll trade up for some inaccurate big armed dipshit with no skills besides throwing the ball really hard and being real tall no matter how good their draft position is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gonna trust the guy who thought Christian Hackenberg was a good pick to draft the right guy this year. OK.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

They asked Darnold who he hated more UCLA or the Patriots and he gave the wrong answer. Sad.

Time to pack up and move on, who's the best QB in the draft next year?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Keeping our new franchise QB out of training camp because we're too worried we might lose 1% of the salary cap if he sucks and plays somewhere else if we cut him. loving Jets, man. I don't even know why Maccagnan could possibly care, if Darnold isn't on the team 3 years from now he's sure as hell not the GM.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You can't be "100% in the right" if your decision means the QB you gave up 4 high round picks for doesn't come to training camp. He could be holding out for drat near anything, it doesn't matter, you give him what he wants because you've dumped all your franchise hopes on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Breaking: NFL team stops shooting self in foot, experts speculate that it is merely a pause to reload.

• Locked thread