Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lock him in a room with nightshade veggies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy0fTFpqT48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Early in his career he hosed up his shoulder and lost all his arm strength, and basically because of that he'd play himself into more injuries. He was a really talented, incredibly accurate QB who just basically took hits like Ryan Fitzpatrick without the ability to sustain them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

nooooooo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurke_SI/status/858383976586768384

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barnwell wrote about everyone's offseasons:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...s-new-york-jets

quote:

Bills

What went right

They picked up an extra first-round pick in the 2018 draft by trading down. The Bills shed picks under general manager Doug Whaley, trading up to grab Sammy Watkins and Reggie Ragland during his tenure in charge of the organization. Buffalo drafted just 20 players between 2014 and 2016, and those drafts don't look pretty right now. The most productive player from Whaley's 2014 draft might be Ross Cockrell, who is starting at cornerback for the Steelers (more on Watkins later).

Dolphins

What went right

They bought low on trades for Julius Thomas and William Hayes. Harris, whom the Dolphins acquired from the Rams by moving down 17 spots from their sixth-round pick, will be part of a deep rotation at defensive end, as Miami also brought back Andre Branch. Hayes has benefited from playing alongside some great pass-rushers in the past and had a frustrating season in 2016, but he's a reasonable one-year flyer at $4.8 million.

Patriots

What went right

They maximized their short-term window around Tom Brady. It's weird to say for a team that just won the Super Bowl, but the Patriots conducted most of this offseason like they want to build the best team possible over the next two seasons, as opposed to building a team that is more likely to be great four or five years down the line. It explains their move to trade a first-round pick for Brandin Cooks, who is signed for the next two years at a total of just over $9.2 million. It justifies their aggressive decision to head into free agency and sign Gilmore in lieu of replacing Logan Ryan with a draft pick. They traded for or signed guys in their prime, including Dwayne Allen, Lawrence Guy and Kony Ealy.

Jets

What went right

They (mostly) went all-in with their rebuild. The worst thing the Jets could have done would have been to half-commit to a plan and keep players around for old time's sake. That didn't happen. Among others, the Jets dumped Brandon Marshall, Nick Mangold and Darrelle Revis, moves that might have seemed unthinkable as recently as this time last year. With Matt Forte's contract mostly guaranteed, the only high-priced veteran additions left standing are Eric Decker and Buster Skrine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think an F for the Jets would've been signing Cutler for $15m with 2 years guaranteed, keeping the old veterans around, and like, trading next year's 1st rounder to move up in the draft or something.

Basically just naked Todd Bowles trying to keep his job moves.

Though yeah, I don't think I agree with a D for the Dolphins, I think they made a bunch of moves that keeps them in the hunt for a playoff spot. I honestly didn't look at the grades, and am a bit surprised he's that down on them having read that section.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli has never missed a game and that signing is the Giants spitting into God's eye.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, you can call Jerry Jones as big of a dingus as you want, but his teams have been fine even after his dynasty run, and considering he installed himself as GM, gets to go ahead and take credit for all those solidly good Romo teams and the current Oline.

He deserves more credit then Kraft overall.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Kraft probably wouldn't have been told that because he isn't a sniveling man child who previously butted heads with the coach he hired.

Yeah, I mean the requirements for being a good owner are basically: Hires competent people with football knowledge to run the team, gives them what they need and stays the gently caress out of the way.

Kraft fulfills all three with flying colors.

Jed York fails on at least two, Jim Irsay whiffs on the first one, Mike Brown the second, etc...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Carroll took a team that was just in the SB, young and talented all over the roster and had it decline three straight years. Granted a lot of that was the incompetent GM, but Carroll was bad with the Patriots.

Also I never cared about the idea of the team moving to Hartford. It was already in Foxborough and only really affected the Townies who everyone hates anyway.

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jay Cutler decided to get $10m and stay retired anyway.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol:

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/917917129017581568

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AFC Beast fellas.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This seems like a bad plan.

It's a great plan.

If they sign Kaepernick, best plan ever.

If they sign Hoyer, ehhh, whatever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What week does Hack start?

Turns out a different AFC East team just benched their QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I feel like that would just encourage constant checkdowns.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The FO guys have been calling them the best of the bad teams since like October and that seems to be the perfect describer of them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They were already drafting like 10th, and now are like 13th. No one's sucking rear end enough to get into the top 6 this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady and Belichick are going to walk away from the Patriots like it's an explosion in an action movie, and I'm completely okay with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The funniest one is that he's 0-1 against the NFC Central in his career.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

By design you literally look for your shot, abs if at first glance it’s not there you throw it 10 yards above your head out of the end zone

You don’t triple pump then chuck it in the middle

Yeah, I finally looked at the play a bunch and no one else moves so the entire Pats secondary is around the guy:

https://twitter.com/DanLevyThinks/status/942550023228870658

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I don't think there's really a problem with giving Bowles more time after what he was able to ring out of that roster.

Now the guy in charge of building that roster on the other hand...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I guess if Kirk Cousins said he always wanted to be a Jet that'd be a fun way to rebuild a team, and is probably the easiest path for Bowles / Macc to keep their jobs for awhile longer, but it's going to be hard to surround him with much better of a cast then he had in Washington, and without improving that, how far do you get?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love that in the weirdest roundabout way possible Scam for Sam worked out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady will be starting longer then Josh Allen or Tannehill.

I'm not sure if I'm joking.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, even if you hate what the Dolphins have done, how have they declined this year more then the Seahawks or Bills?

Like, even if you love Josh Allen, you can't expect him to be a good QB this season, and their offensive line disintegrated.

And the Seahawks may be a better team but their losses were comical.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

torgeaux posted:

I actually like Tannehill. He is a perfectly serviceable qb....but committing at least two seasons to him, post injury, just strikes me as insane. They sold out next years cap for this season, and i haven't seen the FA acquisitions to show its a win now year.

Even if Tannehill sucks now and they decide to move on from him, there's no one really in free agency next year anyway, and a rookie will take at least some time to adjust, so you might as well keep Tannehill for those two years anyway.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My view is, it's fine to view Landry as not being worth what he wanted, but I don't get replacing him with Amendola and that Chiefs guy. Not that they aren't fine #2 / #3 options, but they're paying them almost what Landry's making, and they gave them an odd amount of guaranteed money, pretty much keeping Amendola for 2 and the other guy for 3 years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

It was p clear from the beginning there were no one but losers in that whole saga

Except for Martin's pup, that was one good dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Plus he lives in Alabama now so his punishment is just

I'm sure Saban lives in a very nice gated community next to the hog farm guy, and the other hog farm guy.

• Locked thread