Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I imagine Ross, being a (more successful) rival of Trumps in the NYC real estate game, doesn't care for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Go go dolphins

Well have a lot of spots to upgrade in draft for our secondary so we will see if Maxwell stays on but we'll have near 50 mil in space

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

let's post some ideas about how to stop tom Brady :

kill him
tonya harding bodyguard situation
trick him into eating gluten
???

Lock him in a room with nightshade veggies

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
NE 14-2
Miami 10-6
Buffalo 7-9
Jets 4-12

Lol watch Miami and NY switch places in this guess

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I just can't see how the Jets will be anything but a train wreck this year. McCown is going to get hurt three quarters into the season and they'll ride the Hackenberg/Petty express all the way to the #1 pick.

That's where I'm at. They are missing some crucial pieces but theyve still got solid talent

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Not counting rookies, they really don't have any talent anywhere but on the DL and 2 of those guys are big question marks coming off of really bad years. It's probably the worst roster in the NFL.

You guys cut a lot of names I was thinking of, and I'm used to you guys having pure stud Dlines.

I'm shocked. They've been decimated. Wtf

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoa he gave Miami the worst grade out of the 4.

I disagree with a few of his selling points, mainly overpaying our own talent compared to market.

Branch was an overspend. Period.
Stills took a pay cut to stay in Miami. He was offered more by several teams. By that very fact alone how can you claim it's an overspend?
Alonso was locked up a few more years at a reasonable rate.

I'd give our off-season including draft a C+. I hate we ignored guard, for the most part.

But I'm staring at the Jets off-season and seeing that starting offense and just... how is that anything but an F

Edit - wait not an F. I liked their draft. Maybe a D+\C-?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 16, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I honestly expecting Miami to be average with buffalo, jets low, NE high

But that's bc I think NE crushed the off-season

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

There is no way a good coach like Sean Payton or one of the hot college coaches comes to the Jets OTHER THAN if Darnold comes with the job. That is why they have to go 0-16.

If Gase goes below 8-8 people want him fired Bc it's his fault Tannehill didn't get surgery

These are genuine opinions on finheaven

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's very athletic and is good in front of the ball. He's our attempt at replacing Lawrence Timmons

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His kid. The day before the game he wanted to visit his kid he asked to miss all the team meetings the Saturday before our game and Gase told him no - he went anyway

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Have any Miami reporters picked this up yet?

Armando is still writing like he doesn't know what happened with Timmons.

This is coming from Steelers beat writers citing Steelers players as the source

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

That contradicts the reports that the dolphins filled missing persons reports which is contradicted I the same story which says that a fins representative flew with him to Pennsylvania after bed check saturday night.

Him taking off doesn't contradict the missing person story.

There was definitely a police report. I'm shocked he hasn't come clean on it esp if Miami was wrong

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

No, it contradicts the idea that he asked to miss saturday meetings, and they said no and he went anyway. CBS reports he was missing after bed check on Saturday night.

It really doesn't though.

You file a police report to support your suspension, you support your suspension to get your money back as a team.

So are you saying he simply disappeared to visit his daughter with no notice? Because that'd be better for the Dolphins, so that's what I'm hoping *did* happen

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Don't know. One says, he asked team, they said no, he went anyway, missing all saturday meetings. One says he was discovered missing at bed check. That story also says he was accompanied by a dolphin rep. Too confused, but it seems he likely flaked out because of his child.

It's just so confusing when you consider his history @ FSU and Pitt. Diehard team guy. Gase brought him in specifically to be a leader to young linebackers.

I'm just frustrated with how the few bright spots are blowing up ya know?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God he has looked bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's not. They both stink. Cutler is better.

Dolphins wanted no part of this game today though.

Not even close lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, our offensive line is flat out Putrid. Pouncey stinks, the guards are *atrocious* and Tunsil went from great to absolute trash in TWO GAMES.

Jay isn't very good but he has zero chance out there. Stills can't get open deep because by the time his routes been run Cutler has gotten sacked, so we're throwing 3 yard passes to Landry and Julius Thomas.

This team is flat out awful as a unit with several very skilled players. In my opinion (in 2018) I'd fix it by freeing up potential cash:

1. Cutting Pouncey
2. Cutting Julius Thomas (id actually do this immediately)
3. Look into trading Parker for assets. He's wasted on Miami and he's injury plagued. No more injury plagues players. Landry wants 14 a year, and he's our backbone. He should get it.
4. Cut Maxwell.

The good news:
1. Tankersley looks legit
2. Timmons is a run stopping wall.
3. James at RT looks fantastic.
4. Tunsil has had 50/50 results - either a brick wall against studs from LAC, or looked on skates against TENN. I think it's mental.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Uh yeah that's pretty off he played awful last game. He gave up 2 sacks So I have no idea what they're going on about. I guess they don't count them but I assume his assignment would be block the OLB on a blitz when your de stunts inside

Hell maybe my read is wrong. Chargers game he was a brick wall

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Jesus Cutler is simply brutal

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jay is missing so many opportunities, too. Like wide open guys. Just last week there's two times Stills got open deep, didnt see him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I've been saying that Moore is better than either Tannehill or Cutler...

He’s nowhere near Tannehill. But he’s leaps and bounds over cutler.

That Moore INT was brutal though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's much better at throwing airballs and letting the Refs bail him out than Tannehill is.

Lol refs bail him out. Come on buddy - you lost that game because of an abysmal throw by McCown picked by McCain. No tears.

Run D was stout though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I mean yeah, that play sucked but the 125 yards the refs gave the dolphins also had some say in the outcome...

Maybe the jets shouldn’t be bad at penalties

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They actually weren't before that game but the NFL had to screw us 2 weeks in a row.

The holding was pretty clear every single time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol only you would give a poo poo.

Jets and Dolphins are equal.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I don't give a poo poo but the Jets are clearly better.

As evidenced by the the records both in the league and against each other huh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hold on I have the falcons on hold, asking them quickly...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s what I meant by them being equal. We’re all terrible.

And again I think your reasoning is flawed. Did Miami outplay New York in the 31-28 game?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m hoping Miami loses out. We’re on backups. Tannehill is out. Who cares? Better to have the one poo poo year and rock a top 10 pick in the 1-2-3 -4 rounds.

Team need @ o-line + TE is through the roof.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The whole AFCE has drat good receivers in general

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cutler is loving straight awful and if Gase refuses to see it, he’s part of the problem

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Uh, what quarterback should they be developing? A 33 year old Matt Moore or the practice squad fodder from the Bears?

We actually drafted Brandon and he was with us for a bit

But yeah we need to draft a developmental QB Bc we don’t have any legitimate ones here

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The refs blatantly allowing the patriots to reset the game clock to avoid their first delay of game clock in an utterly meaningless move (it had zero bearing on the outcome) is just incredible

All hail belichick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Starting to really love seeing Gase get outcoached then subsequently throw more players under the bus.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
hosed up our draft picks ugh

But I’m liking a lot from Howard today!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Meh I’m happy seeing genuine development from young guys like Drake, Howard, Phillips and Grant.

Parker showed even when we’re rolling he just isn’t going to shine. Parker’s gone likely after 2018.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Just so long as they pay Landry.

Landry has been super quiet. I hear he’s unwilling to give a discount, and he’s wanting 5/75. From us? Preferably but that’s his main goal - paid like a top 5.

That’s nuts to me. But drat I’d be lying if i didnt want him paid right now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jimmy will be tagged twice then go back to NE and play for 15mm a year after collecting $50mm from San Fran (and a 2nd round pick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There’s a lot of ways to make it fit. Well have space.

• Locked thread