Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Major Ryan posted:

Jay Cutler is what we thought he was. I can't imagine how infuriating being a Bears fan was having to watch him season after season.

He’s so bad holy hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It wasn't a bad idea to take a shot, but you throw a safe throw like a fade or something.

By design you literally look for your shot, abs if at first glance it’s not there you throw it 10 yards above your head out of the end zone

You don’t triple pump then chuck it in the middle

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Turdsdown Tom posted:

it's not like this call is revolutionary, even in the current decade of NFL football. remember Lee Evans getting the ball swatted out of his hands by Sterling Moore? they ruled that Evans didn't maintain possession throughout the catch despite the replay seemingly showing that his second foot touched the turf

People genuinely can’t get past, myself included, the arbitrary goal line rules.

But yeah clearly not a catch as they describe it in the weekly anger. Big Ben lost that game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

He probably deserved it over Reshad Jones but rookies generally dont get love their first year.

Based off what, exactly

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Wrar posted:

The evil hoodie disagrees.

Whoa dude just say Tomlin don’t be racist

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Landry’s reaction solidified his departure from Miami.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

No, but it wasn't as big as the others. Marquis Gray actually looks good every time he gets a chance.

And, we picked the second highest rated TE, sooooooo. Yeah, if we went into the season with Gray as our primary receiving TE, I'd be fine with that if we had taken a legit LB who could start now.

You’re insane. It’s a massive need. I think we did well, especially with McMillan coming in. They’ve already said they’re moving TJ to OLB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pouncey was atrocious run blocking come on

And Gase offense is heavy on TE. Very heavy.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pouncey was awful last year too, except when he’s injured.

Pouncey had to go.

I’m so confused that you don’t see the flaw in your logic there. TE is a huge part of his system. We were in the Jimmy Graham talks. They went after Cameron then Thomas.

Gase needs a strong seam threat for his offense. It’s a pretty regular talking point

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What are your thoughts on the moves with DE?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I simply have no idea why you feel Gray is anything but a 3rd TE.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m struggling with your logic though. They obviously felt strongly about Ajayi to let Miller walk, then strong enough about Drake to trade Ajayi and his limited shelf life.

And you put RB as a big need so I’m confused now? Is drake good or no?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m just so confused you seem to think he’s a 2nd or 3rd year player or has that potential. He’s a 6 year veteran. He’s never topped 174 (328 total) yards and a whopping 0 TDs

Three nfl teams all completely missing it. Yup.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I completely agree on the backup QB thing. If we’re going into the season with the nfls most overpaid QB ever thinking he’s a great plan if Tannehill goes down then woof.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There’s zero guys on the roster with genuine potential. If you watched Bryce Petty as a jet and thought “man if only they knew what they had!!”....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Hey, we drafted a QB turned wide receiver turned QB, and that should count, right? And Doughty, who we never ever used. So, there you go.

Doughty didn’t have an nfl arm. He was garbage in every preseason game.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a great question. Unsure why you’d put a guy with such a low ceiling there.

I heard that we’re still looking to add some pieces after June 1st cuts, mainly seeing if any good QB projects are available (why i think Bridgewater 2 Miami is a thing. High ceiling with a basement that’s merely... he never plays again!)

But more interestingly, i heard we’re looking to add another press CB. Not sure who that’s damning, because I’m a huge fan of our young CBs.

Well, Howard, Tank, and McCann. Lippett and his Achilles... that’s tough. A guy like Grimes who is a stud originally can get through it but a guy progressing slowly with big flashes? That’s a tall order

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
McCann is universally lauded as our best slot CB and is pretty well liked by our coaching staff. Curious if that lip service from last year has already changed.

I very much like him. Frankly i think Howard needs to get his penalties under control before i put him in that upper tier. His playmaking skills are too great to ignore.

So you think they ditch Mccann eh? Should be interesting! I’m hardly a CB expert so I won’t argue.

Lippett likely has the starting job now, assuming health, but if i don’t see Tankersley pushing him for time *hard* by end of camp then i don’t know WTF to believe, because everyone (dolphins draft guys, mike Mayo i) seemed to go nuts that we got him in the 3rd

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That was last Friday! Boooooo

BOOOO

But real reaction - he was miscast in Tampa, Detroit he performed okay. Detroit’s making a scheme change (Lions goons please confirm) and his old Dline coach is on our staff now, so we should know him better than most.

I think it’s a pretty good trade

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Any 7th round pick trade for a known quantity is a good trade.

That’s how i feel. Plus it’s conditional - he has to be on our roster day 1.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Interesting article today by Armando who is pretty spot on usually.

1) Gase didn’t want Osweiller. That decision was made by Tbaum
2) Gase really likes David Fales.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by our new TE and HB. Gesicki can’t block but he’s going to be a stud in the receiving game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That article about our losses is awful. Josh Sutton is the best guard we’ve had since we had Incognito.

Michael Thomas is gone, yes it’s true... but we drafted Minkah Fitzpatrick to replace him.

And oh yeah we no longer have the worst QB in the league throwing passes

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 16, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s easily a huge black mark on an otherwise pretty good few years of drafting. But...

It really can’t be understated how awful Cutler was. So that’s a huge upgrade. I’m not sure how much culture BS I buy into but whatever. Guess we will see

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

Maybe.
But I dont see the Bills as the most declined team. I think the Dolphins lost way more overall talent.

Suh was a huge loss but i just don’t think Landry’s statistics are going to be that tough to replace.

But i mean those are the blanket type statements an optimist makes right

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He was an absolute difference maker at RU with just embarrassing talent around him. There is more that story than we know.

Yeah he can’t get separation. They force him into games.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Landry wasnt very highly paid. And, we'll never know what his contract could have been if they had simply negotiated a long term deal after the 2016 season. The ludicrous amount he was set to make in 18 was due to the move to franchise tag him. As for his talent, again, hard to say. When his average target puts him in traffic and he only gets downfield targets in the pro bowl, that may be more a failure of scheme. Letting your best players go because they cost tooo much makes good fiscal sense, but it's real hard to argue the team got better.

I can tell you this is flat out wrong. He demanded top 5 receiver money from Day 1. Miami offered 13.5 a year. That was more than fair for his production.

He was also a dick. Not jay Ajayi level dick, just hyper intense, which isn’t bad but he motivated using negativity and that wore on a few folks.

Or so the story goes!

I like the additions made in the off-season, and I’m sorry we had to cut Suh. Lord knows he’ll be missed - he was just a beast every play.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

He demanded top 5 receiver money from day one after the 2017 season. After they strung him along a season before and never offered a deal. He was never on a high cost contract, he was still on his rookie deal. His huge contract number for 2018 was only due to his franchise tag...we know this because it was the only contract he had.

Again this is wrong man. He demanded it from day 1. Armando’s confirmed it, and Parkey confirmed too.

They offered him an extension the offseason in 2017. Same time they signed Stills. Landry refused.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

One of those situations we just have conflicting sources. Agree to disagree.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
PMs!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

My view is, it's fine to view Landry as not being worth what he wanted, but I don't get replacing him with Amendola and that Chiefs guy. Not that they aren't fine #2 / #3 options, but they're paying them almost what Landry's making, and they gave them an odd amount of guaranteed money, pretty much keeping Amendola for 2 and the other guy for 3 years.

Yeah, it makes zero sense. It’s almost like the signed Amendola literally to be a positive influence and tell rookies what championships are like

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill really isn’t this injury prone guy everyone is saying he is.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

No, but his decision to not have surgery the first time was reckless, at best. And, until you see him go 100% on the knee, you won't know if he's one of those guys that never trusts the knee again.

Major Ryan posted:

No, sure. But I think the Dolphins need to consider it a possibility that Tannehill doesn't play 16 games or just doesn't perform that well this season while he's getting back up to speed. Basically I think your backup this season needs to be closer to the 33rd best QB in the league than some Joe riding the bench for 16 games, and maybe actually that is Osweiler.

Believe me I’m not happy we’re going with Brock @ 2nd. I thought he was a 3rd QB

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If our pass rush is anything formidable at all we’re going to be way better on defense. We were getting destroyed on far too many 3rd and longs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I really think McMillan and Fitzpatrick being added to this defense is going to be a huge upgrade

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kenyan Drake will start, that depth chart done by the best writers is laughable. We’re not putting Amendola Y receiver

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re gonna play that rookie a lot too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It was p clear from the beginning there were no one but losers in that whole saga

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
gently caress your avatar 🙁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Raku posted:

im sorry your coach left for a better job

He wasn’t cut out for the nfl so it all worked out.

Plus he lives in Alabama now so his punishment is just

• Locked thread