Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fuckin' got 'em, AFCe bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hackenberg wins starting gig in preseason
Jets go 8-8, above and beyond all expectations
Franchise QB articles written about Hack
Jets draft another DL in round 1
Go 4-12

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

When you play a 300LB DT at OLB, weaknesses may be present.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The soon to be 0-16 Jets are a half a game ahead of the Patriots. FYI.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There is no way Bob Kraft is any smarter than Woody Johnson. He just hired the right coach and lucked into a qb.
Well Kraft is an accomplished businessman whereas Woody inherited $2 billion, managed to not lose it, and flips $100m penthouses for fun and profit.

I see 2 potentially winnable games on the Jets schedule this year, home v Bills and home v Jags. Anything else is just pure dumb luck.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pre-Belichick Kraft fired Pete Carroll after a 3-year 27-21 record stint and tried to move the team to Hartford. That would be considered meddlesome were it not for accidentally hiring a dark lord out of spite and lottery-balling the best qb ever.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

One thing about the Jets "tanking,' there isn't one veteran player they cut who is making them look bad...

Pretty much. Even David Harris only managed 1 snap this week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes but the Darnold to USC rumors persist anyways.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/914934059742019584

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You're not seeing that out of Wilkerson. Mo is JAG-tier now and almost certainly getting cut after this year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

5-11. Maybe 4-2. Just hope for 3 QBs coming out.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

[quote="“mcmagic”" post="“477184752”"]
I don’t think there any way after 3-2 than they get ahead of the Browns or 9ers in the draft and the 2 QB’s are going 1-2.
[/quote]Im actually quite OK with Kirk Cousins. I think he goes to the Niners though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Cousins is gonna get like 160M... If he goes to the 9ers, Jets will have to trade up to 2.

So be it. I'm ok with either paying Cousins or trading the ransom for a top 2 pick. At some point you need to pull the trigger on a QB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rogue0071 posted:

Jets offense absolutely going to poo poo between the TD at the start of the second quarter until the fourth quarter
Laffo. Have you seen the players we trot out on offense? People didn't think the Jets would score 10 points a game this season and McCown is throwing for 350 against the Pats.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

My point is the Jets were Jetsy and spent two thirds of the game punting or throwing picks. Outside of the touchback ruling, nothing that happened in the officiating of that game was abnormal from any regular Sunday.
Minus the lovely call, the Jets punted 4 times and turned it over twice. The Pats punted 4 times and turned it over twice.

Let's not get all LOLJets when Pats offense was equally as effective.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

evilweasel posted:

otoh have you seen our defense this year throwing for 350 is kinda bad
Our offense is cobbled together with waiver adds and rookies. You have 3 Pro Bowlers and 2 All Pros in your secondary and the 2nd highest paid CB in the game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm just saying that you should feel really bad about your underperforming trash team. Whereas the Jets are scrappy underdogs made of guys not even good enough to make the Pats roster (Ealy).

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets finally have a good OC and he’ll probably leave after 1 year.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/920505701360955392

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Guys were running wide open all game. Too bad McCown isn't a good QB that could capitalize.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920444754663542786
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/920446056239915008

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

evilweasel posted:

but instead you solidified ours and hurt your draft position again last night
The draft position thing no longer matters since the Browns, Niners, and probably not even the Giants will win 4 games.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McCown leads the league in TD passes over 15 yards. No one in their right mind wants an extension but it’s a testament to Morton that QB play isn’t holding them back too much.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gonna laugh when the Jets end up taking 2nd in the division.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

Let's maybe pump the brakes on the Jets a little bit, yes? At least wait until they have a winning record
The Jets being a trash team and still finishing with a better record than the Bills and Dolphins would absolutely make me laugh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Phobeste posted:

It’s really good to me that before the season jets fans were saying they were tanking but would talk about how afraid they were that the team would win too much for a good pick while staying out of the playoffs, and then they went .500 and they were hype and forgot all about it, and now it’s crashing back in on them

When they were 3-2 I said it was somewhat likely that they’d end the season 3-13. Obviously they’ve beaten that but they’re a bad team thats super young other than at QB. There’s a lot to like going forward assuming they make a play for a QB in the offseason.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The QB coach just basically called him a AAA player yesterday so I’m guessing never.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Meanwhile, Jeff Ireland is getting all the credit for the Saints upswong.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Petty and Hackenberg don’t start because the entire team knows that they’re trash QBs who aren’t and probably will never be as good as a 38 year old journeyman bad QB. Like they’re bad enough to need to aspire to McCown levels of badness.

If Bowles starts them he’s signaling to the team that he’s no longer trying to win games so why should they.

I think Bowles has done a reasonable job this year with the roster he’s been given.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is how dire the Jets franchise has been with QBs.

https://twitter.com/fbgchase/status/937442043286171648

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Just sit him for the last few games. It's pretty obvious he's not going to be on the team next year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

3 of the 5 Jets wins come from current AFC playoff teams. That's dumb.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He probably deserved it over Reshad Jones but rookies generally dont get love their first year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This was expected. I’m ok with Bowles honestly. I don’t think he’s a bad coach and the organizational stability is good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The last head coach the Jets hired who wasn't a "promising young coordinator" was Bill Parcells. Or Belichick if you want to be a dick.

They generally don't hire retreads and it obviously hasn't worked out all that well.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They're going to have $100m in cap space and not too many internal FA other than like ASJ and Demario Davis. Cousins and LeVeon Bell seem doable.

Go all 2011 Spartans on them.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well the point is to improve upon that roster and the first step is to head into a season with an actual top 8-12ish starter instead of wondering how many QB benchings you'll go through in a given year.

They have ~$100m in cap space. Signing Kirk would be fine.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I forgot how many Rivals puns exist on fan boards. He also strategically used McClown and Bilgewater.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wanted: More swagger, attitude

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Scale of 1-10 how excited are Pats fans for the Kyle Lauletta era?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Man all the Jets and Rutgers fans were convinced Carroo was going to be great.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's already getting 1st team reps. They want him to win the job outright.
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1024010800204271618

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was going to say it's probably aggressive/hopeful to think that any rookie TE will play a significant number of non-ST snaps but then I looked at OurLads and Gesicki is actually TE1 on Miami.

Jets actually have a worse TE situation but this is still surprising to me.

• Locked thread