Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Great win tonight for the AFC East!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Magnetic North posted:

Funny thing: it's similar as a Pats fan. I have to watch at home as well, but not because of Geno Smith, but because of the waves of overwhelming shame I feel from sharing a fanbase with these terrible, terrible people.

gently caress that life's too short to be existentially embarrassed about liking a football team

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

fsif posted:

Explains Patriots' fans lack of shame.

Exactly. Never gonna apologize for liking the Patriots

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I'm glad the patriots won the game and I'm glad the reffing was even and that call was the right call and a case where trying to keep the rules logically consistent works out to dramatically worse outcomes. But it was right.

Also jesus christ mcmagic I'm worried for the safety of those around you if we make the playoffs

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

You get to trade that off for the headshot on brady when he was already tackled by something else that wasn't called. I'm sorry you lost but there's no point spinning out and hooting and hollering about cheating every year for the past twenty, just think about how the team can improve and maybe you'll be happier.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Ehud posted:

why can't you at least be a charming rear end in a top hat like shrimp?

Sorry I overplay it sometimes

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

"Your team's owner donated to Trump"
"Your team's owner is a literal ambassador for him"
"Why would you compare these two unrelated things"

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yikes almost got suckered into arguing with mcmagic. I'm happy to report I made it out ok.

I really hope this defense gets better. I think we would have been better off paying Jamie Collins.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The thing with the Gilmore signing is we were fooled a bit by his time in buffalo. People saw his incessant penalties and miscommunications as a product of Rex’s coaching and while I’m sure some of it was, not all of it was. Belichicks greatest weakness is and has always been hubris and his sometime inability to recognize it. That mostly expresses itself in the “better to cut bait early than late” philosophy that got us the chandler jones, Jamie Collins, and Logan mankins moves, but I think the Gilmore acquisition might count: it was very transparent based on his faith on his and matt Patricia’s ability to coach the dumb out of him as opposed to Rex. But whatever you think about Rex, I think it’s acknowledged hes fine if not good as a player coach. His problems have been on the scheme side.

It’ll be hard to tell until the end of the season of course.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I meant a bad QB who doesn't know how to cheat.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

It’s really good to me that before the season jets fans were saying they were tanking but would talk about how afraid they were that the team would win too much for a good pick while staying out of the playoffs, and then they went .500 and they were hype and forgot all about it, and now it’s crashing back in on them

• Locked thread