Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Zanardi in the 2019 Rolex 24. Fuuuuuuuuck yeah!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146324-zanardi-to-enter-2019-rolex-24-in-modified-bmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Banana Boat #85 to be paired up with Red Dragon #99 as the second JDC-Miller entry in IMSA

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/gainsco-partners-with-jdc-miller-for-return-of-red-dragon/

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well that's awesome, if only for the stable funding.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

And it looks like the rumors of PR1 dying were wrong too. Gary Peterson moving to sportscars with Saavedra/Yacaman with PR1:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146355-afs-joins-pr1-mathiasen-imsa-effort-with-saavedra-yacaman

I think that brings us to 17 full timer protos...

e: also they announced the coverage schedule for Daytona and Sebring and lol just use a stream man:

Jan. 27-28 Rolex 24 At Daytona
FOX 2 – 5 p.m. Sat.
FS2 5 – 10 p.m.
FSGO 10 – 11 p.m.
FS1 11 p.m. – 1 a.m. Sun.
FSGO 1 a.m. – 8 a.m.
FS1 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
FSGO 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
FS1 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.

March 17 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
FS1 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
FS2 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
FSGO 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
FS2 3:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 19, 2017

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah just get a VPN and stream it commercial free through a canadian endpoint instead of that garbage coverage

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

What the gently caress does AFS see in Saavedra?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

harperdc posted:

It will be even more interesting to see how the non-hybrids keep up with the factory spaceship. It’ll be a “team’s” championship next year, so all of these groups will be fighting hard. It’s no guarantee that Toyota will be far ahead, and it’ll be interesting to see if any of the new prototypes will be fast and reliable.

The Toyota is gonna be overwhelming favourites again surely. Excluding any reliability issues (and since Toyota Gazoo racing is involved, that cuts both ways), the sheer time that the LMP1-H is gonna be in the pits compared to the LMP1's is gonna be what wins it alone. I mean, the LMP1s still aren't likely able to touch an LMP1-H's laptimes. 340kph is impressive, but remember that the LMP1-H's have instant torque and that drivers accelerate every time there's a straight section that is more than 5m long.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

If Toyota doesnt win every race, it will be hilarious and deserving of mockery and man do i hope it happens. Not enough to get me to watch outside of the Sebring debacle and Lemans, but still.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LMP1s might get close on pace, but Toyota will be the biggest, best funded, most professional team out there, and I’d imagine the fuel/energy usage rules will still lean heavily in their favor. I bet it’s at least two fuel stops fewer at Le Mans than the next best P1. Most races should see the Toyotas battling at the front with the privateers behind.

The intriguing part will be if when Toyota trips over their own dick next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Toyota shouldn't even break down because the lack of factory opposition means they shouldn't have to push their cars to the limit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

But will Toyota Grandpa still be sad?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

orange juche posted:

But will Toyota Grandpa still be sad?

Please no

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

He will be even sadder if a privateer wins over Toyota.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He may actually commit seppuku on live television if that happens

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Toyota will win but Alonso will break down lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Toyota will win but Alonso will break down lol

gently caress you

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not only will he break down he will break down on the last lap of the 24h of Daytona.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Norns posted:

gently caress you

Face reality.
Nando's car burning out is the only logical end to his Le Mans experience.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The only question is if Nando will be behind the wheel at that time or not.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

The only question is if Nando will be behind the wheel at that time or not.

He will be peacefully napping while in the lead and somebody has to go wake him up and tell him

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
In other dead series news.
https://twitter.com/Motor_Sport/status/943476842983579648

Great :geno:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He's gonna win in all 3 of his entries.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Whincup is racing in the Bathurst 12h with Kenny Habul and Tristan Vautier.

Which is to say Kenny Habul is gonna bin the car at Skyline in FP1 and total it and Whincup won't race at all.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYSKRjNGak

let's let this guy race bathurst.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Which is to say Kenny Habul is gonna bin the car at Skyline in FP1 and total it and Whincup won't race at all.

Sounds great to me

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'd be extremely down with this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WTCR calendar is out and actually looks decent. Monza and Motegi out, Benelux and Suzuka in to go along with TCR Europe and Super Formula respectively. Also Macau will be the final round instead of Losail so seems like the Qatar money stopped coming eventually.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wish this rear end in a top hat would gently caress off as far as possible. And yes in person he is a gigantic fucktard in every way possible

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

In not very secret news, Visit Florida Racing goes back to being called Spirit of Daytona and goes back to being a factory GM team with a Cadillac. Vautier and Matt McMurray as drivers.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/146425-vautier-mcmurry-to-lead-sdr-cadillac-dpi-effort

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I suddenly just got superstoked for WTCR and cannot wait to watch this brand new series which will finally fix international touring car.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I suddenly just got superstoked for WTCR and cannot wait to watch this brand new series which will finally fix international touring car.

International sports car racing will burn itself out and be re-born stronger, this is always the cycle.

International touring car racing will never catch on and eventually peter out, this is always the cycle.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It really doesn't matter how exciting the cars are if they're still racing them at loving Losail and Paul Ricard.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It really doesn't matter how exciting the cars are if they're still racing them at loving Losail and Paul Ricard.

Paul Ricard is a travesty and blows my mind F1 is going there next season.

And as of right now the inaugural 2018 WTCR calendar does not have Losail. Zandvoort is back.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Paul Ricard is a travesty and blows my mind F1 is going there next season.

Ricard is a grade-1 test circuit, just (“just”) needs upgrades to the spectator facilities, and is also owned by one B. Charles Ecclestone.

It’s better than Magny-Cours.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Paul Ricard is a good F1 Circuit. I can’t speak for other series.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does anything of note even race at Magny Cours anymore?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Paul Ricard and Magny Cours are both boring, but Paul Ricard is a special sort of post Tilke rear end-suck after its redesign that should be forgotten. By comparison to that boring rear end place, Magny Cours gleams with fuckin' soul.

I would rather watch the neutered Hockenheim than Paul Ricard. But I would probably just watch neither tbh.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 27, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Magny Cours fuckin’ sucks. Post-2001 Hockenheim is even worse.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Magny Cours fuckin’ sucks. Post-2001 Hockenheim is even worse.

Classic Hockenheim is amazing, this is true, but I enjoy driving on new Hockenheim in games. But I’m also the person who thinks current Fuji Speedway is alright, so take that as you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Paul Ricard is loving garbage what the gently caress?

• Locked thread