Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Humbug posted:

Red Bull Tv has longer highlights featuring Mark Webber
https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1Q84GQNEN1W11/fia-world-rally-championship

Holy poo poo, if you're like me and just want to watch rally cars you can pick 'Race' from the Event Breakdown menu at the bottom and it will skip all of the bullshit host segments for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

dsriggs posted:

Oh wow! Half the car is the Confederate flag!

I want you to know I appreciated this.

I'm flying down to Daytona on Thursday morning, hopefully it'll be warmer than the ROAR! :neckbeard:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I dunno if it got broadcast on TV but there was a very exasperated radio message from race control to all the teams about an hour ago.

It was along the lines of "We went over this in the drivers briefing about taking the shortcut. So far it's happened 92 times this race and you can imagine the work load this is causing us. Stop it."

P.S. I did not sign up for getting cold and wet in Florida.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I did the Daytona fun walk on Saturday morning and climbed the banking before they sent the fun police out to stop people. It really gives you an appreciation of how steep that poo poo is. :staredog:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Hindy exclaiming "The lid's come off!" got the biggest laugh out of me yet.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

1500quidporsche posted:

Can somebody explain why these babbies all drop back in WRC as soon as the power steering breaks? If I had to pick out a single theme from the few modern rallies I've followed its that you're dead in the water as soon as the power steering breaks and I can't process why this is such a massive issue on loose surfaces. The only thing I can think of is maybe the feedback through the steering wheel fucks with people.

Have you ever tried to steer a modern car with the power steering not running? Even on a loose surface it's drat near impossible with some. It depends on the failure mode too, if the pump shits itself but all the fluid stays in you're then forcing fluid around through a pump that has a massive mechanical advantage over you.

Plus as other people have said you've got suspension geometry that naturally makes steering heavier, a very fast rack, and a small-ish steering wheel instead of the ship's wheel old manual steering cars have.

Add onto that that you're now having to grip and work much harder at the wheel, while still driving over all the rocks and bumpy poo poo on the stage and your arms will start turning to jelly in short order.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

njsykora posted:

Shame Prototype looks set to be a Cadillac stomp the whole way.

At least some of the other cars were competitive before they blew up this time around, the Rebellion led from the start until it broke. At Daytona the Cadillac trio had just checked out by like lap 5 and left everyone else for dead.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Van der Zande has crashed the Visit Florida car so hard he's tubbed it, and they're out for the rest of the weekend: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/visit-florida-done-for-weekend-after-tub-damage-in-accident/

Apparently suffered a brake failure.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

iospace posted:

Is the ByKolles car being beat by Rebellion's LMP2 car? :allears:

It was in P1, but it finished a whole 0.110 seconds ahead of the #13 Rebellion in Practice 2.

Even the WEC homepage is being pessimistic about the Kolles' chances:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Quali 1 for the actual best race this weekend, the Nurburgring 24h, is live on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qJDbQSp6mA

You should be able to watch every quali session and the race on Sat/Sun in that same stream if you can pull yourselves away from the Monaco parade or Indycars going in circles a lot. :D

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Spaced God posted:

What the gently caress is happening on the international stream? Are they testing one on the German commentator's blood for shits and giggles?

Right? For a minute I thought I was about to see somebody's ear get pierced live on TV.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

This is incredibly rad.

Cygni posted:

I like the Thunder concept a bit more, a semi-modernized take. This one just looks like a fan tried to do a drawing of Lola T332 from memory.

Since there was a post about F5000, I will take this as an excuse to dig through my dads pictures and post one. Here is my dad and Al Unser standing next to their T332 with their names on the side. I believe this was '75?

So is this.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
The WEC stream + Radio Le Mans is the only satisfactory way to watch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Shumagorath posted:

Are they out already? I heard when they put the morgue blanket over whatever Porsche took the hit.

It was just announced on RLM, the #4 is out too.

*E* P.S. gently caress the WEC stream, it was perfect last year WTF.

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 17, 2017

• Locked thread