Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Dipshit move by Vilander on the first lap trying to pass a nismo prototype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Standard issue Porsche hairpin shunt.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Both axr cars hosed :getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

:laffo:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Visit Florida Racing and AXR are both having to replace their tubs after Long Beach

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
What a fighter. I wonder if he and the garage 56 guy from last year will get together

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Bentai posted:

10k feels like it defeats the purpose of lemons.

Yeah all the mandated safety equipment makes an average LeMons bid about $8k I've heard.

This LeMelons thing sounds awesome.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Lime Rock is too small and tight for the new P2 cars to run safely with other classes, and PC is going away, so they're running a shortened season. I wouldn't be surprised if it went away entirely, tbh.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm similarly afraid of that happening at VIR too. ALMS ran with the full grid, then 2013 it was GTD/GTLM in the main event and PC running a sprint race with the Proto Lites, now it's just GT's and GT-based support races.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Welp, the IMSA WeatherTech race is on time delay on FS1 Saturday 7-10.

Gonna be watching through VPN anyway, but gently caress Fox. Who the gently caress thought this was an acceptable arrangement? IMSA should dump Fox and start streaming everything for everyone and find a TV partner that is okay with that, has better commentators, and doesn't air commercials for half of the race.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Stuff I'm watching this weekend:

IMSA at COTA - all on imsa.tv (WTSCC race geoblocked, use a VPN or delayed on FS1 and FSGO at 7pm EDT Friday)
WTSCC quali right now
CTSCC race 3:35p EDT today
Lambo Super Trofeo Race 1 6:20p EDT today
911 GT3 Cup Race 1 7:30p EDT today

Lambo Super Trofeo Race 2 10:30a EDT Sat
911 GT3 Cup Race 1 11:50a EDT Sat
WTSCC race 2:25p EDT Sat (or 7p EDT on FS1)

FIA WEC at Spa-Francorchamps - paid streaming on fiawec.com or parts on FS1 and FS2
6h Race - 8:30a EDT Saturday

FIA IES (creventic 24h series) at Paul Ricard - stream on 24hseries.com or Youtube
24h Race - 8:30a EDT Saturday

Blancpain GT Sprint Series at Brands Hatch - not sure about streaming for this one
Quali Race 7:00a EDT Sunday
Main Race 11:15a EDT Sunday

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

njsykora posted:

I'm assuming this'll be streamed on the GT World Youtube channel along with the GT4 European Series race at Brands as well. They don't have any of the Blancpain sessions scheduled as livestreams though which is weird.

Yeah, but those are often geoblocked in the US. VPN up.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Norns posted:

What racing am I missing right now? Feels like I should be watching something

WEC 6h Spa-Francorchamps
24h Series at Paul Ricard

IMSA WTSC at COTA soon

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If you want more racing, Radical Challenge is live from spa

https://youtu.be/DfID5a3jgCc

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Side by side through radillon :stare:

That takes balls

E: on a damp track no less

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I really hope TCR isn't gonna supplant ST, and the ST cars get some new entries. It's such good racing in that class, especially with the variety of drivetrain layouts and weights and handling characteristics.

3 class CTSCC I am totally down with, 2 class without ST, I am afraid of.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Ricky Taylor binned it in quali, session red flagged before 10 minutes elapsed. Grid set by points, but with the 10 at the back. VFR, JDC-Miller and Mazda got screwed out of the top 3 spots.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

gret posted:

That was pure idiocy. I dub him the new Tracy Krohn.

That almost looked like a brake failure it was so bad. I'm not convinced it wasnt.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

iospace posted:

I'm not surprised, given the highest LMP1 in terms of top overall speed was loving BYKOLLES at the Sunday test (not lap average).

the P1-L's have always had higher top speeds than the hybrids. The hybrids only have their full massive power for a short time till their batteries go flat somewhere around 5th gear, then they're running solely on the ICE and those have less power than the privateers, and I think even the P2's.

The P1 hybrids make that up by reaching their (lower) top speed much much much faster. They accelerate faster than F1 cars with their hybrid systems. I believe they're limited to 300kW total hybrid output at Le Mans only, presumably for safety reasons. The rest of the season they have an unlimited hybrid output, but the same amount of energy to deploy per lap. I believe in the rest of the WEC season, both cars have a push to pass system that boosts the hybrid output to dump their energy crazy fast over their normal hybrid outputs which are around 500-600kW (at the cost of not having it later in the lap).

Compare that to F1's 60kW KERS system and similarly powered ICE engines, and you can see why the P1's can outdrag anyone on the planet out of a corner.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
OR just by a WEC streaming pass and get flag to flag coverage with no commercials and way better commentators.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I dunno, Allan MacNish gives Hindy a run for his money.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

geonetix posted:

It's hard to beat the legend that is Paul Truswell though.

Graham Goodwin has a pretty good brain for the weird facts and figures, though. I'll still probably synch up with RLM though.

MacNish gives great perspective on the racer's point of view though.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Who all here has Project Cars? Would there be interest in a friendly time trial around the 24h circuit before the race?

If so, what class would you want to do: GTE (as shoehorned in the GT3 class in Pcars), LMP2, LMP1, all 3?

I'm partial to P2's in that game, mostly because I suck at wrangling the P1's just yet.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Best I've managed so far is a 3:51.xxx Alpine A450 because I'm a shameful driver and I ruined the setup of the car by loving with the suspension too much. I had a solid 3:46 run going and I spun coming out of the last chicane because I'm a retard and didn't have traction control on. Records in the driver network are in the 3:30's for the A450

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Christ.

In "my incompetence" news: 3:48.838

I feel like I have more in it yet, but I can't string all the corners together into one lap.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The time trial mode is really really strict about it. Even in quali sessions online the limits aren't that bad.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, I just purchased the Le Mans WEC package and I'm confused because there doesn't seem to be any content for me to access? Are there any replays for the qualifying session that just ended? Guess taht might take a while to go up.

Doesn't look like it's up yet.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
here's some streams that people did

http://multistream-player.com/player/pjueLnbyklp/lm_quali

quali commentary begins right around 7 hours on the commentary stream, they both show the session clock to synch it up

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
double postan

did a session on the 168h du Mans endless quali server on PC (same group runs the Touristenfahrten, VLN track day, and Vintage Green Hell servers, love that group of servers), and found some pretty good pace, though I think track conditions were a bit hotter than the ones they produce in qualifying, giving me better grip, and also the looser track limits enforcemnt, so might not call this one legit, but I'm pretty proud of this one so I'm gonna post it anyway. I pulled into the pits to adjust my setup here because my CrewChief app was yelling at me for getting close to demolishing my engine. Opened the radiator up to 20% instead of the 12% I had it at after that.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

SPACE HOMOS posted:

What are the three colored dots on the side of the le mans cars? Which drive is in?

Position in class for the top 3 in each. 1 light is 1st, 2 is second, 3 is third.

I prefer the IMSA/indycar/blancpain leader lights that have actual numbers but that's​ ACO for you.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I really wish PCars had a 1989 Le Mans layout so you could VMax just about any car in the game.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Here's some live timing that isnt wec

http://www.porsche.com/specials/en/international/lemans/live/

e: BBQolles in the pits again

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

financially racist posted:

wow that was stupid

I think Giuseppe Risi is putting out a hit on TDS as we speak

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
6 hours of the Glen this weekend too

Today:
PC race at 2:25 EDT
Lambo super trofeo at 4:45 EDT
911 GT3 cup at 5:55

Should all be at imsa.tv

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Huge crash in the 911 GT3 Cup race, it's a combined race with the GT3 Cup US and Canada drivers all running together. There's at least 10 cars involved in the esses. Haven't seen the replay as I tuned in late, but the race is red flagged and time reset as the top of the esses are turned into a gravel trap of oil dry.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Brakes? You mean the coward pedal?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Wet Prototype Challenge race at Watkins Glen right now

http://imsa.tv

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I hope he wore his brown racing suit, jesus gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
That was a great race from start to finish. Pity the 85 made the wrong tire call, I was pullin' for them.

• Locked thread