Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hi 2017 thread!

I'm sad to assume LMP1 will be a porsche parade this year, but maybe something good will come out of it eventually. I guess it's done to watching LMP2 and GT3/4 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

iospace posted:

Aww... poor baby has to deal with a new car and didn't practice enough in it. :allears:

He still took top step with a serious margin

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

iospace posted:

Then why is he complaining?

Probably just babby winner syndrome. Vettel and Hamilton do the same when it's not going perfectly for them. At least some of the time.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hindhaugh is adorable, he really loves this sport. However, is the imsa.tv stream working for anyone?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Yup.. When I VPN to UK (from The Netherlands, for crying out loud), it works.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

This really is more of a death rally than an endurance race at this point :(.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I like how the helicopter-camera-person during the 24h is listening to Nick's drivel and started zooming in and out like a nutcase when he asked him too.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Was it Martin? He sounds a lot like Nick

I did find it well timed

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I dunno, Allan MacNish gives Hindy a run for his money.

It's hard to beat the legend that is Paul Truswell though.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Graham Goodwin has a pretty good brain for the weird facts and figures, though. I'll still probably synch up with RLM though.

MacNish gives great perspective on the racer's point of view though.

You're right. In general all the contributors to RLM are really good and skilled people

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

financially racist posted:

wow that was stupid

I saw it when I got back and automatically assumed the Ferrari was at fault. But, drat, that move by the LMP car...

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Racing at this time is only my second favourite moment of the race, but by god is it gorgeous. Can't wait for sunrise

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Easy, the hour before sunrise into full blast sunlight. Staying up watching it helps, the kind of strange sleep-drunk observer stage where the drivers are starting to smash personal bests with the sun coming up. I dunno, it feels like racing romance I guess.

e: wow the smoke on that #8 car

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Why is the #1 cam pointing at the driver?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

All LMP2 podium :allears:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

#2 is only 2 laps back from the LMP2 leader if I read this correctly, but it's a lot of time to make up

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

It's a guessing game really, especially with all the malheure going on in literally every single LMP1

e: #1 out!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Xisticide posted:

If this goes slow zone to clear up the #1 then the #2 will be hosed

Guess what

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Le Mans isn't about finishing first, it's about finishing at all.

- Every LMP1 team today

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I just realised #38 has a Dutch driver. Now I know who I'm rooting for! :geert:

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Did Truswell really just say that #2 got 10 secs on #38 in one sector? Holy crap

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Weren't the ferraris taken out by lmp2's in the beginning of the race? In any case we have 2h40 left of potential chaos.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Ferrari breaking down on the way! Opportunities!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

There's also one pit stop they can botch left

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

That Aston move!! Man.. :(

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

YeahahahahH!!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Awww it's got damage :(

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

This was such an unbelievably good race, doesn't even come close to last few year(s)

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Hopefully it just means Toyota and Peugeot figure out a new series to stick on top of it all and draw in some more oddballs two years later only to have it die again. Welcome to prototypes

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Norns posted:

The entire GT3 class makes lovely noises

Sad the SLS AMG is slowly disappearing, it has the most gorgeous sounding low speed noise (as in, in pitlanes). Aston Martin's wins the at-speed sound championship though.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Racing motorcycles at Macau has to be second only to racing motorcycles at the TT in the madness stakes.

When I saw the onboard I’m pretty sure I’d rather do the Isle of Man than this monstrosity. It’d be a quicker death at least too.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Is there any kind of confirmation that Alonso is doing the Indy 500 again next year? Or is he just going Le Mans?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

If he's in for the entire season, he has two chances to win the 24h of Le Mans, which is good enoguh for me anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Imagine the Alonso stare when that happens

Actually don’t. It’s heart breaking

• Locked thread