Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

because fox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao at PT

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh my god

*edit* :lol: that tow cable

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Monza is about to start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYy3WXVYay4

I dont think I've ever seen a Blancpain race before.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 23, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Well thats gone wrong already lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

njsykora posted:

Ah I see Monza turn 1 happened.

They didnt even get that far.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

That Kaspersky not-quite-Alitalia livery on the Ferrari is quite handsome.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

gently caress now I have to set up my wheel again since I installed Windows 10 since I've played last...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Its not the drivers its all the bullshit sensitivity settings and in-game wheel poo poo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Christ.

In "my incompetence" news: 3:48.838

I feel like I have more in it yet, but I can't string all the corners together into one lap.

I'm sure I could go a lot faster but this is literally the only "valid" lap I've gotten after hours of trying. This game can eat a bag of dicks for what it constitutes "track limits".

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was looking at the spotters guide and saw that the #27 LMP2 has an all-Russian driver lineup. I cant wait to see who's race they gently caress up.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

keevo posted:

What game is this?

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Who all here has Project Cars? Would there be interest in a friendly time trial around the 24h circuit before the race?

If so, what class would you want to do: GTE (as shoehorned in the GT3 class in Pcars), LMP2, LMP1, all 3?

I'm partial to P2's in that game, mostly because I suck at wrangling the P1's just yet.

Kilonum posted:

LMP2 sounds good

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao I think they said a LMP2 did a quicker lap than the LMP1 pole from 2011

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I use the app on my tablet so idk

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

What top speed do you guys think the current P1 cars would hit if they removed the Mulsanne chicanes?

Dont they accelerate so fast now that they hit their aerodynamically limited top speed well before the chicanes anyway?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cygni posted:

Theoretically a regular mulsanne would lead to them stripping a lot more downforce off the cars. The little engines they run are only around 500hp though, so even with extremely limited topside downforce, they would probably cap out in the 220mph range i would imagine?

I doubt they'd remove downforce just because the chicanes were gone, those suckers look flat out through the esses and Porsche curves, I bet that requires more downforce than just simply braking for the chicanes.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cygni posted:

Yeah, but it may be better for laptimes to be going 220 down the entire mulsanne (assuming the chicanes were gone) instead of 211 like they do now, but give a little back through the porsche curves. I dunno though, my Lemans setup experience is limited to the lovely sliders in Forza and lots of yelling.

same, OP

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

When does the stream start in the WEC app?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Yeah I just paid for it and still nothing in my browser on any of the pages. Which one should I be F5ing? Does the Radio Le Mans team control the audio on the WEC feed or will I need to split?

No, its seperate now

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Stream is up.

Shumagorath posted:

Alright but where on the WEC site should I be trying to get the video? Last year I just took the Ford feed which had Radio as their sound.

I dont know about on the website but in the App theres a "Live Feed" tab.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hey is this the part where all the Canadians and Europeans complain about gently caress ALL THIS PATRIOTISM HURR HURR

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Are Chase :911:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Are you on ios? App works fine for me in Android?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao byoklles already dead

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

nodoby cares about your stream issues, jesus christ

find a stream or something

sorry dad

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Bubbens :3:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So has Buemi punched anyone yet?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

uh oh

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

At this rate we'll have a LMP2 overall winner (*crosses fingers*)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Are Kamui :smith:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

What happened to it?

Had a puncture and spun rear end first into the wall, lost the entire rear wing then when he took the 90 degree turn on the pit lane enterence spun out and beached it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Wait, is it actually out? I thought they could recover it back to the pits and work on it?

P sure if its stuck they can move it out of the gravel but it has to be able to get back to the garage under its own power.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Did Toyota get some secret help from Honda or something?

*efb*

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

financially racist posted:

rebellion is going to finally get an overall victory, as an lmp2 team lmao

I said it as a joke earlier but now I'm legit praying for this.

*edit* If we get a Prost / Senna Overall win I will loving die.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It was Lapierrre's own fault for trying to push it 100% back to the pits.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

The real question is will it take less time for Toyota's board to announce the shutting down of the LMP1 programme or will that actually take 24 hours?

Who do they look like, Nissan?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I need a screencap of cranky grandpa toyota mechanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

godDAMN is Marshall Pruett kicking rear end in this broadcast.

I'm watching the WEC stream, explain please.

• Locked thread