Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hi, I went to sleep with about 8 hours left, can someone catch me up HOLY gently caress WHY IS A JACKIE CHAN CAR IN THE LEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

whaaaaaaat http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/cyberattacks-kept-taking-out-the-official-24-hours-of-l-1796199474

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

RIP LMP2 overall win

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gently caress yeah Corvette! (gently caress the haters)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Last hour chaos!

*edit* lmao Piquet Jr fucks it again

*edit* nevermind that was Negrao a different fraudulent Brazilian

Basticle fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 18, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

*crossing fingers for a #2 blow up*

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh poo poo will he get a penalty for that?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

*throws hat on ground* dag nabbit jordan!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

loving GODDAMNIT CORVETTE

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

It's been like that for a few years now.

2013 Porsche
2014 Ferrari
2015 Corvette
2016 Ford
2017 Aston Martin

different winner every eyar

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Im a big autistic nerd and am making a spreadsheet of every car entered in Le Mans in recent years.

Weird trivia! In 2000 three different teams entered the same chassis (A Raynard Motorsport 2KQ-LM, pictured below) with three completely different engines.

In the more powerful LMP900 class, Mopar Team Oreca raced two cars powered by a 6 liter Mopar V8, Johansson-Matthews Racing brought one car with a Judd 4 liter V10 and in the less powerful LMP675 class, the Racing Organisation Course team raced with two cars powered by a volkswagen 2.0 liter turbo 4!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I wanted an easy way to look at which GT cars competed in which years (like, did Aston Martin, Porsche Ferrari and Viper all race against each other in so and so year?) then before I knew it I had spent all day on it and welp

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nK-jB5yI2QaHqB0fw9AHiUvPpvubTup206KcJnKR754/pubhtml

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

holy gently caress I didnt scroll down to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9BIXSAZTU

efb

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Everybody should tune into Spec Miata at Road America right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKiGjm85Lg

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm using the Fox Sports Go app for the first time and I like how even on the app I have to watch loving soccer overtime, what the gently caress is this

*edit* reloading the stream like 5 times finally loaded the race, this app is off to a good start.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This is why I always temper my complaints about NBC.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

NBC also has Leigh Diffey, who is awesome.

David Hobbes, Steve Matchett and Will Buxton are all great and memorable and the one you single out is....Leigh Diffey :psyduck:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Formula E budgets are going to skyrocket in 5 years; the only reason they were so cheap up to now is because everything but the actual powertrain was spec (and the powertrain was heavily regulated). If Merc is coming in, with BMW confirmed as being in and with Audi taking over Abt and making it a genuinely works team, the spec elements are going to die a painful death.

They're allowing development on the batteries and ending the car swapping for the next season.

So they stop the car swapping next year, but the battery tech probably has a way to go until they can do "normal" tracks and race distances. Watch some of the youtube highlights/full race uploads that they put up next year. The racing is surprisingly decent.

wasnt there talk a few years ago of making Super GT, DTM and some American series i cant remember, a shared platform?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

drgitlin posted:

There was, but it never went anywhere.

well obviously

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

They should enter a Bentley or Bugatti (lol) DPi

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

harperdc posted:

you laugh but Bentley was a rumor when DPi was getting started.

can't wait for the BoP arguments regarding GT1 cars in a few years. but seeing as manufacturers are in a "cut spending" mood, this really seems like a solid plan...

I was only laughing at Bugatti

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

"CotA is a bad track" is the most hilariously bullshit and try-hard meme these threads have ever produced. It literally just apparated out of nothing like the least interesting ghost. MAYBE I'll buy that Viking hated it from the start, as he is a professional contrarian, but the initial reception was almost universally positive and it has only ever produced decent-to-good racing.

agreed

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I enjoyed the v8 supercar race i watched there

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Minto Took posted:

Laguna Seca is completely forgettable outside the corkscrew.

But its fun to drive in games so now I dont know what to think!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:stare:

https://youtu.be/GJJ9C6NYKUo

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

YOu see what happens when you make a Jo Schlesser joke, iospace?

Also, did anyone die/injured in the other cars?

Apparently only minor injuries all around.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Owns. Too bad it's in an *vomits* Altima.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 4, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I can't wait for 2019 when they abandon it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Zak Brown said McLaren wouldn't be able to do the 2018 LeMans so Alonso is free to drive for someone else if he wants to and Toyota said they'd love to talk to him.

LeMans silly season is going to be insane this year.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/ginetta-lmp1-cars-ordered-960956/

this is good news, right?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

How about Jordan/Jenson/Jeff in the 10 at Daytona? :getin:

Oh my

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

loving unf https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/alfa-romeo-giulietta-hms-racing-asi-994603/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

Fox Sports Go is streaming the whole thing, right?

12pm - 2pm: Fox Sports Go
2pm - 4pm: Facebook Live
4pm - 6pm: Twitter
6pm - 7:15pm: Fox Sports Go
7:15pm - 11:07pm: Myspace
11:07pm - 11:33pm: Fox Sports Go but it's a UFC fight running long
11:33pm - 12am: Periscope of someone recording the security camera station at Daytona
12am - 6am: Fox Sports Go
6am - 12pm: Exclusive Yahoo.com Broadcast brought to you by Boost Mobile

• Locked thread